Airsoft Canada
http://triggerairsoft.com/shop/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Introduction Thread: Post your hello's here not somewhere else.

:

Newbie Tank

Old September 12th, 2009, 16:19   #271
Aurex

Send a message via MSN to Aurex
Hi All, Jared here from Winnipeg MB; 19, just starting airsoft after playing paintball. Lookin to get into it pretty hardcore though. :wave:
Aurex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2009, 17:07   #272
TokyoSeven
Red Wine & Adderall

Welcome to ASC Chris and Jared, you guys both live in areas with decent airsofting communities so you shouldn't have a hard time finding games and events.

Once again, welcome to airsoft Canada.

"Its only a little bit on fire"
TokyoSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2009, 19:18   #273
WhatsGood

Hey ASC

I'm Andrew from Ottawa.I've been a forum lurker for about 2 years now. I was first exposed to airsoft(well the guns atleast) from a friend and his brother for making videos and random backyard plunking.I'd be really into Mil-sim/tactics that's in airsoft.I'm finally turning 18 shortly(will get A'ved when the times right) and am greatly interested in becoming a part of this community(instead of an outsider).

Thanks!
WhatsGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2009, 21:33   #274
Magus

Hi everyone.

My name is Gabriel, I'm a 22 years old and I'm from Sherbrooke Quebec. 4 years ago I was quite interested in Airsoft and, with a couple of pals, we tried to form a airsoft group, but it finally didn't worked.

This summer I was invited to a small private game hosted by a friend and.. well I guess it got me back into it, so here I am.

Thinking about last time I tried Airsoft, I think I'm more mature now (I hope) and I hope that this time I'll be able to really stick into it.
Magus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2009, 21:35   #275
Erennert
A minor, using dad's ID

Welcome Magnus, look into getting age verified and you will be amazed =]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquamarine View Post
I'm a sniper.

Because I'm fat and can't run fast.
Erennert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2009, 21:47   #276
Magus

Actually I'm already age verified ^^

But thanks for the welcome.

Magus.

P.s. For some strange reason alot of ppl misspell my name as Magnus, i dont know why :P
Magus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2009, 19:23   #277
BlindRayge

Hi my name is Cameron. I am currently nineteen and have been interested in airsoft since I found out it existed whilst perusing the wares at a Cabela's in Wheeling. Since I didn't have a job at the time, and due to not being able to legally purchase AEG's myself, it took the back burner until recently, when me and my friend decided it was time to get back into it.

I haven't had the chance to play in any large games. Best I have gotten so far is a small match with a few Canadian tire specials in a backyard, and then all my bushball experience as well.

My play style varies, but medium-long range is preferred (aka rifles), and enjoy both MilSim as well as a more paintball-styled rule set.
BlindRayge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2009, 22:32   #278
Jimski

so you dress like an old lady and like cottage cheese in Canada? welcome!
Old September 15th, 2009, 13:23   #279
Locke

Hey folks, just an Edmonton student here, joined up in order to find some info on how to get a decent airsoft for what seems to be referred to as "backyard plinking".
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2009, 22:04   #280
GI74

Hi ASC,

My name is Gleb, 35, live in Richmond Hill, ON (just north of Toronto). Coming to airsoft from some paintball background, would be mostly interested in Mil-Sim and tactics. My arsenal at this point consists of a clear Crossman Pulse R76 which I understand is only recommended for training purposes and "test" games. Will talk to veterans/watch some games to enter the sport well prepared and properly armed.

Last edited by GI74; October 2nd, 2009 at 13:26..
GI74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2009, 22:46   #281
Acid_Snake

Send a message via MSN to Acid_Snake
Hello everybody,

After lurking for a year or so and reading a lot about the sport I've decided it's finally time to take the plunge!

I also come from a paintball background and I'm working on getting AV'ed.

Hopefully I'll see some of you on the fields some time soon : )
Acid_Snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2009, 16:56   #282
billli

Hi all!
I'm William, I'm located in Waterloo, ON (for university) and I'm 19, currently waiting for AV =]

Hopefully I would get AV.ed soon and jump into some games. =]
billli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2009, 20:06   #283
The Rip

Hi,
My name is Rip. I am 27 and just getting into Airsoft in Canada. I used to live in Taiwan and didn't play there, but checked out the equipment and so on. Owned a few cheap hand guns for fun.

I live in Calgary and am under the same alias on JOC. I would really like to get age verified cause I will need to pick up a used rifle for use until next spring.

I like the look of the TM 1911's.
The Rip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2009, 20:33   #284
L473ncy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
Hey folks, just an Edmonton student here, joined up in order to find some info on how to get a decent airsoft for what seems to be referred to as "backyard plinking".
Well we generally frown upon getting an airsoft gun for specifically backyard plinking since the effective ranges and accuracy is nothing compared to a .177 pellet gun. However that shouldn't really be a problem if you understand that important fact. So knowing that do you want a pellet gun (.177) or an airsoft gun? If you're on a tight budget (I know how it is being a student) a Kraken airsoft gun should satisfy you for backyard plinking (a bit of work and a few upgrades later it'll be fieldable however stock on the field don't expect much, it's like a civic vs an accord vs a supra, one you can use as a daily driver (and could be a decent track car if you do some work), the other stock it's ready for some track/weekend warrior stuff, and the last is pretty much made for the track). Otherwise if you want a .177 either pick one up at Canadian Tire for like $150 or head over to airgunforum.ca

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rip View Post
Hi,
My name is Rip. I am 27 and just getting into Airsoft in Canada. I used to live in Taiwan and didn't play there, but checked out the equipment and so on. Owned a few cheap hand guns for fun.

I live in Calgary and am under the same alias on JOC. I would really like to get age verified cause I will need to pick up a used rifle for use until next spring.

I like the look of the TM 1911's.
You'll get a lot better help if you ask on JOC. I know that there are games on Wednesday and Sunday at TREK and usually an admin there to AV you. Again welcome and don't expect airsoft to be like in Taiwan. For $400 you're going to get a moderate level gun (that will last you forever until you feel the need to expand your collection).
Old September 23rd, 2009, 19:30   #285
waldo

Hello all I am from the Grande Prairie A.B. area , and I am looking for people or events for a local airsoft war.If you have any info please reply ... thanks.
waldo is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank