Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Hero Arms C-Mag Capacity

:

Accessories Discussion

Old June 27th, 2005, 23:40   #1
Darklen
Administrator

Hero Arms C-Mag Capacity

I got a Hero Arms C-mag for my MG36 about a month ago. On the weekend, I went and counted out 3000 bb's in lots of 500 to mark an indicator on the tab on the back of the mag. Imagine my surprise when I could only get about 2100-2200 bb's in the thing. Now I know 2200 bb's in one mag is insane as it is, but I just lost almost 1/3 of my loadout. Try as I might, I could not get any more bb's in the thing. Anyone else notice this issue?
Old June 28th, 2005, 01:17   #2
porry
Banned

yea, ive heard you can only load about 2500 or so bb's into the c-mags
porry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2005, 08:29   #3
Droc
why in gods name would you need more?
if your using more then that in a day your gonna kill your gun and your Cmag.
talk to stalker, he works on Apocs Cmags all the time....he has 4 I think, and they have problem now.....plastic parts wear fast.
Old June 28th, 2005, 12:36   #4
Shugart

I don't think its that he wants 3000, but the Cmags are rated as holding 3000...I think.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannah Arendt
The most radical revolutionary will become a conservative the day after the revolution.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thucydides
The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it.
Shugart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2005, 17:45   #5
Duckman

what ever happened to reloading? :?
Duckman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2005, 18:19   #6
Droc
its a poor mans LMG
Old June 29th, 2005, 03:46   #7
Darklen
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droc
why in gods name would you need more?
if your using more then that in a day your gonna kill your gun and your Cmag.
talk to stalker, he works on Apocs Cmags all the time....he has 4 I think, and they have problem now.....plastic parts wear fast.
Didn't say I needed more. I asked if anyone else had problems filling the mag to it's advertised capacity. I think most people would be a bit miffed if they bought a product based on a certain spec., only to find it is out by 30%. I couldn't find a whole bunch of info on them before I had to get in on a GO to get this one, certainly nothing reguarding the lower than stated capacity. Imagine buying a vehicle based on it running 500k on a tank and finding out it will only go 350k instead.

I normally loadout with lowcaps, but this is pretty much for Keystone Strike 2 as our SAWgunner has a dead motor in his RPK and we don't know if it'll be repaired in time. Hence, I'm filling the roll. I've only used the mag twice, and I've never come close to getting half empty, even being a hose hound the last time.

Droc, it is a good point you brought up about the plastic gears. I was aware of it as I've stripped a couple of gear sets out of my electric loaders, but others may not know about it (again, I didn't find alot of info before buying). Not having opened it that far, how easy is it to replace gears if needed, or is it even worth it? How about metal gears (again, worth it?)

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Accessories Discussion