Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Softair BBs

:

Accessories Discussion

Old June 26th, 2005, 10:24   #16
vacant

Send a message via MSN to vacant
I use crosman bb's and I've never had any problems. After shooting at least 15000 through my gun I've never seen one with any seam problems, and my gun has never jammed. And all my hits are felt and called. Likewise for people shooting at me with them, I always feel them.

I play private games of around 8 people though (all with aeg's), so I guess when I play on a 'real' field I'll have to purchase AE .20's since crosman aren't acceptable? If all the data above is about crosman (the kind at CT), and not some other brand, then I don't understand it because I truly think crosman has nothing wrong about them.
vacant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2005, 10:35   #17
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

Send a message via MSN to CDN_Stalker
Guess you'll have to find out how well they work when you get to play on a real field. One thing I've noticed is that BB weight really does have effects on the performance of an airsoft gun. A lot of guys around here approach me for info on upgrading, they had run stock guns for a while and got frustrated with .2g BBs bouncing off grass & leaves past 40ft, I tell them to run .25g before they upgrade, since they produce even better results. Is the cheapest and most useful upgrade one can do. I found that after I upgraded my MP5 to 350fps, .2g BBs still caused problems with getting through brush. .25g all the way!

I'll say this, expect a really hard time if you plan to run .12g Crosman BBs with airsoft guys. You won't have the range or penetration, and chances are very high you will hit someone 40ft away and they won't notice because the ammo you use has no mass to be felt. If Crosman makes heavier weights, well hey, use them til your hearts content!
CDN_Stalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2005, 10:56   #18
vacant

Send a message via MSN to vacant
I'm moving to ottawa for college, and I plan on playing at foxden (I'll be living in Kanata), it won't be a problem to pick up .20 or even .25 if that would be best, I'm just saying right now since I play with people using .12, it's all good. For that kind of situation it seems rather ideal. I just wouldn't completely write off crosman, it depends on your style of play and who you're playing with.
vacant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2005, 11:20   #19
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

Send a message via MSN to CDN_Stalker
We'll welcome you at the Foxden (and get to know the LZ as well, up near Arnprior, good bunch of guys there as well). BBs are for sale at both fields, pretty much .2 and .25g BBs ($25 per bag) and other sources have them to sell as well.

.12g BBs have their place I'll say, I find the most accurate gun I have within 6ft is my Crosman P99 using .12g. I use it to swat flies around the house. Hehe, am serious, not being sarcastic about your use of them. I will say that if you and your friends ALL use .12g BBs, then at least you are all equal in "sucky" performance. But using .12g BBs against players that use .2 or .25g is REALLY making the game unfair. So I'm glad you explained well and cleared things up. Makes perfect sense now, and you have an open mind.
CDN_Stalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2005, 11:57   #20
Malinak

Send a message via MSN to Malinak
I have 3 different AEG's, 2 different GBB's. Over the last 5+ years of gaming I have used
TM, AE, KSC, Exel, Viper brand BB's in both .20 and .25g wieghts and not ever had one jam in a barrel. Mind you, all my barrels are still stock bore, but having fired over 300k rounds and having no jams makes me to tend not to worry about which brand I use in my AEG's.
Old July 3rd, 2005, 00:59   #21
Hortons Heros

final words...soft air bbs won't jam up a gun (or at least they didn't with my Tm thompson) but they do not have the same accuracy (very noticble) as AE or TM bbs. Spend the cash if you are a 1 shot one kill player but if you are a high cap abuser , 60 shots 1 kill, then go crazy on the soft air.
Hortons Heros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2005, 09:39   #22
Droc
I have run about 6,000 softair Bbs through my gun with no problems at all. no debris, no jamming, nothing.
Bad weights? yes
but perfect for CQB
Old July 3rd, 2005, 12:17   #23
conrad

Send a message via MSN to conrad
My friend had about 100 softair bb's (he used them in his old crossman P.O.S softair gun, but now has tm mp5 and uses better bb's) left when I went over to play airsoft in his basement . So I took the bb's and looked through a handfull and picked out a couple really bad ones (deformed, or have the extra plastic from the mold) and shot a lo-cap of them in my TM ak-47, first couple metres they shoot straight but after 8 to 10 metres they start being really unnacurate and curve in all directions.

We were shooting in his large basement, we covered all the windows from the inside so if someone DID come looking they wouldent see it. And when we took the guns outside the house, they were in gun cases (except the crossman P.O.S guns. :innocent: )
conrad is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Accessories Discussion