Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

PPS new M870 coming soon

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old September 10th, 2014, 10:54   #1
huang

PPS new M870 coming soon

PPS shell ejecting M870 coming end of the year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdLPLb9SO_o
Old September 10th, 2014, 11:21   #2
Swattiger

Wow ! Looks good ! Price range ?
Swattiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2014, 11:44   #3
N_Force

Nice! Good for buyer and have more choices to pick. Looking forwards to have more details on price, functioning even design too.

N_Force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2014, 11:52   #4
Wilkie

Very nice. Shell ejecting isn't practical for me, but I like the idea.
Wilkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2014, 18:42   #5
akamikeee

Send a message via ICQ to akamikeee Send a message via AIM to akamikeee Send a message via Yahoo to akamikeee
Interesting, to early to judge though.
Old February 13th, 2015, 12:54   #6
N_Force

Finally ehobbyaisa has it available, when will you have it, Huang?

I like it is a Tanaka cone. So hopefully can works with all the upgrade for Tanaka.

Old April 9th, 2015, 11:00   #7
huang

In stock now

Old April 10th, 2015, 11:43   #8
BioRage

Send a message via Skype™ to BioRage
Friend picked one up and showed me.

Needs some work done to it, very sluggish cycle, not as smooth as the APS imo.

Also when you insert the shell at the bottom, it's not as smooth compared to the APS. Sometimes on the PPS you need to wiggle it in, as opposed to simply pushing it in. Think the shell problem there.

Also the finish on the outerbarrel is horrifc, and needs to be sand blasted and re-painted.

The furniture is also crap on the PPS, most likely those who pick it up will change that too, not sure if it's real steel compatible like the Magpul / Mesa stuff.

It's a great budget friendly shell eject shotgun, but will need some work.

At the end of the day if you need something for plinking or "practice" reloads or 3 guns, this is all you need. Only downside is there is no shell catcher, so bringing into a game isn't feasible.

APS is "more suited" for gaming, but really, no shell ejecting shotgun is suited for gaming. APS is a bitch to load the shells, where as the PPS is a lot more simplified, and the Airsoft Innovation shotgun will be even more simple.

Will be waiting for Airsoft Innovation Shotgun as it's priced around the same as the PPS. With a built in internal tank, and where the shells are only used for BB place holding, and 19 bbs .. also I think it's 5 shells for $15, versus APS - 4 shells for $55+tax, and PPS - 5 shells for 35+tax, or 5 pc CO2 @ 80 +tax.

Last edited by BioRage; April 10th, 2015 at 11:47..
BioRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2015, 11:59   #9
beta678
ASC's navel of the year!

Send a message via MSN to beta678
Quote:
Originally Posted by BioRage View Post
Will be waiting for Airsoft Innovation Shotgun as it's priced around the same as the PPS. With a built in internal tank, and where the shells are only used for BB place holding, and 19 bbs .. also I think it's 5 shells for $15, versus APS - 4 shells for $55+tax, and PPS - 5 shells for 35+tax, or 5 pc CO2 @ 80 +tax.
This, but ditch the shell ejection on the AI and you'll have a practical field gun. Shell ejection is fun, great for wall hangers and might be ok for indoor and 3 gun stuff but its gimmicky and impractical for outdoor field use.
Old April 10th, 2015, 14:16   #10
FirestormX

I was talking to Madmax (of AI) at TAC15, and he was contemplating making an AR magazine fed shotgun, but he didn't know how well accepted that would be.

I would speculate that his shells are crammed roughly as full as they can get with BBs, so one shot is one shell. People won't want to reload after every shot (it's meant to be a shotgun, not a grenade launcher), so the shell will either need to eject, or have some complicated system of moving empty shells to some storage location within the gun.

Personally, I think it would be cool to have a removable shotgun magazine (the tube under the barrel of the shotgun, that holds the shells) and allow you to install different types of magazines. So one that holds shells, one that's an adapter for an M4 AEG mag, and one that's a regular shotgun mag, but just full of BBs - similar to a PP-Bizon.

Last edited by FirestormX; April 10th, 2015 at 15:14..
FirestormX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2015, 14:33   #11
BioRage

Send a message via Skype™ to BioRage
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirestormX View Post

Personally, I think it would be cool to have a removable shotgun magazine (the tube under the barrel of the shotgun, that holds the shells) and allow you to install different types of magazines. So one that holds shells, one that's an adapter for an M4 AEG mag, and one that's a regular shotgun shell, but just full of BBs - similar to a PP-Bizon.
I think it was Tanaka or some other brand that had a revolving method, you basically shoot one tube attached under the shotgun, and move it to the next little tube once the rounds are done, etc.

My favorite still are the 30 round in 1 shell type of deal, tri-shot springers, and the over-priced TM's :P

M4 Magazine adapter on an AI with 19 bb's per shot? I would glady accept that.
BioRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2015, 14:43   #12
N_Force

Personal think a gameable shotgun should have a shotgun magazine with bbs and gas loaded in there, same design like M4 magazine, shot 10-12 bbs per pump, and good for 30-50 shots per load. That would be perfect. My own opinion.

Old April 10th, 2015, 22:32   #13
beta678
ASC's navel of the year!

Send a message via MSN to beta678
Quote:
Originally Posted by N_Force View Post
Personal think a gameable shotgun should have a shotgun magazine with bbs and gas loaded in there, same design like M4 magazine, shot 10-12 bbs per pump, and good for 30-50 shots per load. That would be perfect. My own opinion.
The shotgun guru has spoken! lol

On another note, does anyone know anything about the cybergun gas shotty that was spotted at IWA? The shells intrigue me, but I haven't been able to find any additional information on it.

I've only found two videos on it, this one's english but doesn't really give you a lot of info...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObHOjXfGaDg

This one might have more detail but its in french but I'm nowhere near fluent enough to follow along... perhaps someone can shed some light on it? (Shotgun part starts around 2:15 mark)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmTmnlgTp5Q
Old April 11th, 2015, 09:52   #14
N_Force

LOL, l'm just a shotgun lover, that is it, thanks.

And this is the one I would like to see in the future for gaming.

Last edited by N_Force; April 13th, 2015 at 15:50..
Old April 11th, 2015, 10:26   #15
R.I.T.Z
Crackers

Quote:
Originally Posted by beta678 View Post
The shotgun guru has spoken! lol

On another note, does anyone know anything about the cybergun gas shotty that was spotted at IWA? The shells intrigue me, but I haven't been able to find any additional information on it.

I've only found two videos on it, this one's english but doesn't really give you a lot of info...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObHOjXfGaDg

This one might have more detail but its in french but I'm nowhere near fluent enough to follow along... perhaps someone can shed some light on it? (Shotgun part starts around 2:15 mark)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmTmnlgTp5Q
6 barrelled Co2 powered shotgun the shells look interesting
R.I.T.Z is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion