Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

60+ rps build

:

Upgrades & Modifications

Old July 1st, 2016, 11:54   #1
ComaSkillz

Cool 60+ rps build

I am going to buy a reinforced gearbox but I want to build a 60+rps at around 370-400fps. If you could list what I could do to get around high 50's to low 60's, that would be wonderful! I really don't want to do the research because I have tried and haven't really gotten a straight forward answer. I have an Apex Full Metal M4 Charlie 12". I would like for this build to be pretty accurate. Money isn't a problem, I would like a professional to tell me what to get exactly.
- Thanks!!
ComaSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2016, 12:13   #2
Drakker
Official ASC Geomorphologist

Good luck finding mags that will feed that fast.

High RPS builds are not easy, they require a lot of experience and a LOT of tweaking. If you can't bother to do the research about it yourself, you are clearly not ready to do this build. It's not just putting the parts together, its choosing and trying different parts, using a DSG, calculating air volume, tweaking your tappet plate and nozzle, timing everything, etc.

Also, forget 400 fps at high RPS, its doable, but only the best techs can achieve that. Most high RPS builds shoot under 350 fps for a reason.

Oh, and its unlikely you'll be allowed to use that gun in full auto on the field.

Québec province's master age verification representative.
Drakker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2016, 12:16   #3
ComaSkillz

So would 40+fps sound more reasonable for that kind of fps?
Old July 1st, 2016, 12:21   #4
Hectic
Oh we do hate you, just never felt like wasting the time to give you a user title :P

30 ish is more reasonable and prety common.
13:1 gears and m110 or 120 and a high torque motor should net you 28-33 bb's/s and a snappy trigger response. Otherwise you'll want lower fps or a DSG, short stroke, bore up, and a heavy ass spring to hit 60rps and 400fps and be reliable and not set shit on fire from heat lol
Edit. You are gonna want a good piston and head and cylinder and head and such as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDoorn View Post
Thanks Hectic,
While your posts are sometimes a difficult read, you sure are helpfull
Lvl. 3 certified sniper
FinchFieldAirsoft

Last edited by Hectic; July 1st, 2016 at 15:53..
Hectic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2016, 12:23   #5
Drakker

Depends on your barrel length, the longer the barrel, the higher the FPS you can get, but the shorter your barrel is, the easier it is to achieve high RPS, but with lower FPS.

It's fairly easy to reach 25-30 RPS with a strong battery, good motor and gears, etc. But at that point, you are already emptying a 30 rounds magazine in 1 second, its not really practical unless you play in games that allow full midcap or hicap mags, but obviously, hicaps will not work in high RPS builds and you are still emptying a 120 rounds midcap in 4 seconds. High RPS builds kind of defeat themselves.

Old July 1st, 2016, 12:29   #6
ComaSkillz

Okay so the real questions I should ba asking is who can basically build me a 30-40+rps gearbox? I'm really just looking for like good internals to buy so I don't wreck my gun with crappy internals. I'm still looking for the same fps if possible. Just throw out a list of good internals for 30-40rps setup. And I'm haging trouble finding a mosfet. I want one without ab. I just want a basic but good one.
Thanks guys!
Old July 1st, 2016, 12:31   #7
ComaSkillz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakker View Post
Depends on your barrel length, the longer the barrel, the higher the FPS you can get, but the shorter your barrel is, the easier it is to achieve high RPS, but with lower FPS.

It's fairly easy to reach 25-30 RPS with a strong battery, good motor and gears, etc. But at that point, you are already emptying a 30 rounds magazine in 1 second, its not really practical unless you play in games that allow full midcap or hicap mags, but obviously, hicaps will not work in high RPS builds and you are still emptying a 120 rounds midcap in 4 seconds. High RPS builds kind of defeat themselves.
You sir have a great point. But I play all CQB so, I'm just looking to really wow some people with high rps. I know they make a mosfet where you can control your rps? But it's too expensive for me.
Old July 1st, 2016, 12:31   #8
Hectic
Oh we do hate you, just never felt like wasting the time to give you a user title :P

I'm no gun doc but I build alot of my own 30 ish rps gearboxes lol. Better to learn no?
Edit. If u play CQB why 400fps?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDoorn View Post
Thanks Hectic,
While your posts are sometimes a difficult read, you sure are helpfull
Lvl. 3 certified sniper
FinchFieldAirsoft
Hectic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2016, 12:31   #9
Drake
E-01

Get a Polarstar Fusion Engine.
Old July 1st, 2016, 12:33   #10
ComaSkillz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hectic View Post
I'm no gun doc but I build alot of my own 30 ish rps gearboxes lol. Better to learn no?
Edit. If u play CQB why 400fps?
Right now, I'm just looking for some good internal parts for a high speed setup. Like gears and what not.
Edit. I was looking for 370-390 originally. That's my feilds fps limit
Old July 1st, 2016, 12:35   #11
Theesire
Banned

Airsoftmechanics has a few full guides on this.
As for feeding, look in to modifying your magazine followers, there are guides there about that too. You're gonna have to do research to make this work.
Theesire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2016, 12:37   #12
ComaSkillz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theesire View Post
Airsoftmechanics has a few full guides on this.
As for feeding, look in to modifying your magazine followers, there are guides there about that too. You're gonna have to do research to make this work.
That's not a problem, I can do research. I would go on airsoft mechanics but they have yet to review my registration and approve it for some reason.
Old July 1st, 2016, 12:43   #13
Drakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComaSkillz View Post
You sir have a great point. But I play all CQB so, I'm just looking to really wow some people with high rps. I know they make a mosfet where you can control your rps? But it's too expensive for me.
No one is going to let you use a high RPS, high FPS build in full auto in CQB, even if its technically under field limits. In CQB, one BB hits skin, you've got a bleeder. 30 BBs hit skin at the same place, you've got a bad wound.

Old July 1st, 2016, 12:46   #14
ComaSkillz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakker View Post
No one is going to let you use a high RPS, high FPS build in full auto in CQB, even if its technically under field limits. In CQB, one BB hits skin, you've got a bleeder. 30 BBs hit skin at the same place, you've got a bad wound.
No no. At my feild, we have an inside and an outside. Full auto inside and semi only inside. And I don't think we have a rps limit at my feild
Old July 1st, 2016, 12:49   #15
RainyEyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
Get a Polarstar Fusion Engine.
I second this lol. Money isn't an issue get a p*
RainyEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications