travelling from usa by plane

:

General

Old November 24th, 2007, 08:01   #1
combat

travelling from usa by plane

i am coming from washington dc via airplane

reading warchilds border experiences and seeing parts can be brought in by mail

can i bring the following in my checked luggage?

mad bull grenade launcher

shower shells

echo 1 mp5

glock 17

assorted spare mags

assorted spare upgrade parts

bb's

lbv vest

tactical gear like scope, bipod,

what if guns are dissassembled?

what cant i bring?

since u can get a kraken ak47 at basspro with a clear lower receiver, things may have changed

thanks
combat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2007, 08:07   #2
BloodSport
Traveling Man

parts and accessories might make it through the customs.

But I would not attempt to bring any gun body parts or grenade shells/launchers with you. Thats asking for trouble.
Old November 24th, 2007, 08:40   #3
yanhchan

Send a message via AIM to yanhchan Send a message via MSN to yanhchan
Quote:
Originally Posted by combat View Post
mad bull grenade launcher

echo 1 mp5

glock 17
If you bring those then they're most likely going to get seized. Along with some other non restricted items

Ask not what your country can do for you; ask what you can do for your country ~John F. Kennedy
yanhchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2007, 09:58   #4
Zombiefruit
Banned

I don't know. I bought a replica pistol while I was in France. It was a full metal revolver (it cannot fire blanks or cannot be made to fire bullets) but it got through to Canada with no problems. BUT I really don't think you should take the risk. I may have gotten lucky but you may not.
Zombiefruit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2007, 11:00   #5
BloodSport
Traveling Man

Put it this way I travel coast to coast in Canada several times a month for work, I have traveled with my guns on the planes several times. In country its not much of a hassle as long as you declare them and go through the same procedures as if they were real firearms.

Out of Country, with all the crap thats been happening in the past few years, your just asking to be tazered.
Old November 24th, 2007, 11:27   #6
The Saint

You're afforded for legal protection bringing in real firearms into Canada. Clear legal provisions exist for individuals bringing their legally-owned guns into and out of Canada. No such thing exist for replica firearm. And you'd be running the gauntlet twice, once in and again on your way out.

And no, "but you let me bring them into your country" is not a valid defence for getting them back to the US.
Old November 24th, 2007, 11:50   #7
Blackthorne
A Total Bastard

Send a message via Skype™ to Blackthorne
Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodSport View Post

Out of Country, with all the crap thats been happening in the past few years, your just asking to be tazered.

LMFAO

Agreed. If they stop you you will most likely be in for a long stay unless you get VERY lucky and have an open minded, gun educated Officer.
Old November 24th, 2007, 11:56   #8
mcguyver

Disassembling your guns displays that you know importing replicas is illegal, yet you are trying to "sneak" them in. This is a sure way to get caught, and remove any benefit of doubt from the agent checking your luggage. Leave the guns, launcher and any M203 rounds you plan to bring.

People have imported, had their guns checked and cleared by customs on the ground, but that's iffy at best. The official policy of the CBSA is NO when it comes to replicas, and they hold all the cards in determining what is or is not a replica at the border.

Democracy is two wolves and a sheep discussing what's for dinner.

Freedom is the wolves limping away while the sheep reloads.

Never confuse freedom with democracy.
mcguyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2007, 13:12   #9
Forever_kaos

You could risk alot and take chances and either walk away with a big grin on your face from getting them in, or some special search they pull on you ...
Best bet is the guns won't be allowed, it's on here somewhere in some topic what you are allowed to import. Best of luck either way!
Forever_kaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2007, 15:38   #10
Zombiefruit
Banned

Here's the gun I brought over in the plane. It's fifteen inches long and a full metal replica of a colt revolver. Now that I look back at my actions, I'm pretty sure I did the WRONG thing by bringing it over in the plane. It's just way too risky. I don't think a cop would be too happy to see that in my luggage. :lol:

Edit: Lol. Forgot the link. http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t...t/Picture4.jpg

Second edit: By the way, I did not know that this was illegal at the time because the airport had no notices that specifically denied the transport of replica (semi-replica?) guns in luggage that would not be carry on.

Last edited by Zombiefruit; November 24th, 2007 at 15:40..
Old November 24th, 2007, 15:43   #11
mcguyver

Depending on the age of the real gun yours was meant to replicate, it may infact be prfectly legal. The benchmark they use is 1900. Anything real that was last manufactured prior to that is considered an antique, and the law is clear that a gun that replicates a defined antique is not considered a prohibited replica. But, if the gun was manufactured before 1900 and still manufactured after, it is not considered an antique.

There was a CITT appeal regarding a replica of a Colt Peacemaker. It was first manufactured in 1877, but last manufactured in 1943. It is not considered an antique for the purposes of replica legislation, even though you may own a real one and it could be considered an antique, thus not required to be registered.

Democracy is two wolves and a sheep discussing what's for dinner.

Freedom is the wolves limping away while the sheep reloads.

Never confuse freedom with democracy.
mcguyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2007, 15:55   #12
Zombiefruit
Banned

^Ahh that was it. I believe it was first manufactured in 1876 (or close to that date). But do you mean when the original gun was first produced or when the replica gun was made?

Edit: I'm pretty sure that it's this gun http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colt_Army_Model_1860
and the original gun was manufactured in 1860.
Old November 24th, 2007, 15:58   #13
The Saint

The exact cut-off year is 1898. Would a percussion cap revolver count as using center-fired ammunition? I'm guessing it isn't. And if it isn't, that might have been its saving grace. "Antique firearms" cannot be center-fired or rim-fired, in addition to the year requirement.
Old November 24th, 2007, 16:07   #14
HGI

From what I understand you can bring it all in a locked, gun case and have it inspected and it goes in the cargo deck there shouldn't be any issues. I'd also disassemble the guns + orange tip/flash hider, it's not like your bringing a shipment of stuff like 10 of the same guns planning on selling it. As long as there's nothing under presser like gas you should be fine. I'd recommend calling the airport in advance and ask them, if you want to get a strait answer. Just tell them your going for a airsoft tournament, cause I know there's most likely lots of hunters in the states who bring REAL guns in Canada to go hunting, so it'd be treated like that.
HGI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2007, 16:08   #15
dodger_me

If your moving up here you could get A&A to bring them in but chance are it will cost a couple hundred bucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Andrew. View Post
turns out i had to take the battey out of the stock and charge it right from the battery wire..not the wire that connects to the gun
dodger_me is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General