Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Which is the best pistol brand?

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old March 10th, 2017, 15:12   #1
Doubleagent

Which is the best pistol brand?

Hello, I own about eight pistols which only two is not a KWA. This is so cause when I was getting into the sport KWA was strongly recommended for durability and parts. Thing is I find them to be very inaccurate and I'm not so sure about the durability so would like to get some thoughts on what the best brand of pistol is and why.
Doubleagent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2017, 16:04   #2
Sputmilk

Tokyo Marui is widely accepted to be the best of the best if I'm not mistaken
Sputmilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2017, 17:20   #3
Drakker
Official ASC Geomorphologist

Yeah, Tokyo Marui is by far the best. Keep them full plastic and they will serve for years.

Québec province's master age verification representative.
Drakker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2017, 08:50   #4
Kozzie
a.k.a. Greedy

Stock TM's are typically great pistols and good platforms to upgrade if you know what you're doing, though some models do have inherent problems. You can't really say as a sweeping statement one brand is always better than another. There are many subjective variables, and differences from model to model.

IMO you're better off deciding what model of pistol (Glock, 1911, Sig ect) you're interested in and then finding out which brands make good versions of that model. For example, WE makes good Glocks and Sigs ('full metal' out of the box), but I would stay away from their 1911's and hi-capas.
Kozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2017, 21:39   #5
Doubleagent

I would want to believe that TM makes great pistols overall but not that great when it comes to realism due to the lot of plastic feature. I like the idea that different brands would make a product that is great but not so great for another.
Do anyone have experience with KJW guns? I hear they're crap but I like them for the accuracy, I've only owned one so far. WA I read is good but I hardly ever see one for sale.

Last edited by Doubleagent; January 31st, 2018 at 23:07.. Reason: spelling
Old March 11th, 2017, 21:46   #6
RainyEyes

TM is probably the best for glocks. Stay away from KWA glocks because their parts are proprietary and WE Gen 4 G19 because some of the parts are hard to come by.

Bell glocks are a gamble.

IIRC KJW or was it KWA that makes the best full metal 226? There was one that had the most versatile magazine compatibility.

1911's stay away from KJW unless you're running CO2. Their nozzle/1911 design has poor gas efficiency (the slide is too heavy).

Anything far and few in-between e.g. fn-57 or USP is generally no good anywhere because of limited parts.

TM will always be the baseline but there is always another company that will make another model slightly better but it depends on what you define as "the best". By far, TM internals will always triumph...

If you're going to talk about best pistol brand AFTERMARKET parts, then you're in a whole new ball game.

And, it goes without saying, do not buy anything made by crossman or wallyworld/canadian tire.
RainyEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2017, 22:32   #7
hattrick
NAAZ's #1 fan!

Send a message via MSN to hattrick
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainyEyes View Post

If you're going to talk about best pistol brand AFTERMARKET parts, then you're in a whole new ball game.

Tokyo marui wins again. No surprise there.

maybe not from this .. and probably not today... but I assure you, you will die
hattrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2017, 22:40   #8
Datawraith

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainyEyes View Post
Anything far and few in-between e.g. fn-57 or USP is generally no good anywhere because of limited parts.
I'd like to add, stay far far far away from ANY airsoft 5-7. NONE of them are properly designed and WILL break.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hattrick View Post
Tokyo marui wins again. No surprise there.
Uhh... TM doesn't make aftermarket parts for their own guns. As a base gun, yes, get a TM pistol for sure. But I believe RainyEyes was talking about aftermarket part brands, like Ace1Arms or Guarder or Detonator and such.
Datawraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2017, 06:29   #9
Hectic
Oh we do hate you, just never felt like wasting the time to give you a user title :P

kjw isnt a great brand but they shoot ok and are dencently durable for a cheap price. I have had my m9 vertec since 2008 and it still works well. i just swapped the barrel and hop rubber. it rattles a bit due to lose tolerences but works works well after years of hard use.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDoorn View Post
Thanks Hectic,
While your posts are sometimes a difficult read, you sure are helpfull
Lvl. 3 certified sniper
FinchFieldAirsoft
Hectic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2017, 11:38   #10
Ricochet
How much sand CAN you fit in your vagina!?

Marui's have a whack of aftermarket parts and kits available, including FMUs. So if you want to make one realistic, the potential is there.
Old March 14th, 2017, 02:50   #11
Doubleagent

I'm still learning about gas blow backs especially pistol so I'm glad to get all or any info on them. Haven't gone into upgrading yet, still at repairing and diagnosing.

I have a good idea now what to do next time I want to buy a pistol instead of just buying KWA blindly. Thanks a lot guys.

Does anyone know of any good KWA model so I know what to buy or keep?
Old March 14th, 2017, 05:53   #12
shelcoof

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kozzie View Post
Stock TM's are typically great pistols and good platforms to upgrade if you know what you're doing, though some models do have inherent problems. You can't really say as a sweeping statement one brand is always better than another. There are many subjective variables, and differences from model to model.

IMO you're better off deciding what model of pistol (Glock, 1911, Sig ect) you're interested in and then finding out which brands make good versions of that model. For example, WE makes good Glocks and Sigs ('full metal' out of the box), but I would stay away from their 1911's and hi-capas.
What he said

Just to add KWA makes excellent reliable gas efficient pistols. I've owned about 6 different Pistols from KWA in the past and they all have excellent gas efficiency.

You have a problem need parts? E-mail KWA and place an order for parts its that simple.

I do agree that KWA pistols lack accuracy/precision. This can be remedied by upgrading the hop up system. Example the EVO II hop up system is available for several of their system 7 pistols like the USP, Glocks etc.

Upgrade it with that and your on par with a TM in terms of accuracy and up on the gas efficiency!

I've owned both KSC/KWA Glock 17 and Glock 18. The Glock 17s are TANKS! Stay away from the 18s as the full auto sears do wear out.. mine did

Most reliable Glock 17 is the KSC/KWA Glock! Upgrade that with the Evo II Hop Up system and your outperforming any TM designed Glock!

Don't feel bad that you bought into KWA they are reliable guns right out of the box. The only issue is that people like to upgrade their toys and with a KWA you barely have any options in terms after market of upgrades they just work!

As for TM based Glocks.. HK3/WE takes it in terms of price and performance out of the box. Full metal and the only thing you really need to upgrade is the hop up rubber! Everything else can be left alone until it breaks.

Compare that to a TM which is about 100$ more. You'll need to upgrade the hammer spring at least and if you want a metal slide well.. add in at least another 100$ for that.

HK3/WE are solid guns and I've been running both my Glock 17 and G18 for almost 6 years now with very little maintenance!

If your looking for a Glock you want to doll up... HK3/WE Glock 17 is your best base gun... if you want a pretty Glock 18 that gets a tiny bit more complicated but can be done if you want after market slides

Anyways just speaking from my own experiences.. I love pistols too I have like 12 at the moment lol
shelcoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2017, 06:19   #13
shelcoof

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doubleagent View Post

Does anyone know of any good KWA model so I know what to buy or keep?
These are the ones I've owned and field tested

USP.45/USP Tactical [Should apply to USP Compact as well]
Pros
Nice Kick/Blow Back
Gas efficient
Can use HK45 Magazines increasing kick/recoil
EVO II Hop Up Upgrade Available [Increase Accuracy! use .30g or heavier]

Known Issues
Slide Lock prone to breaking [Can be replaced via KWA or use REAL STEAL]

HK45
Nice Kick
Can use USP.45/Tactical Magazines
Gas efficient!
HK45 Magazines provide heavier recoil even used on USP
Two Point Hop Up system upgraded over USP
May upgrade to EVO II Hop Up System [Lots of interchangeable parts with USP including outer barrel]

Known Issues
May have similar Slide Lock prone to breaking [I ordered spares from KWA before]

Sig 226
Pros
Gas efficient
Feels nice! like the real thing
Solid build

Issues/Cons
No EVO II Hop Up Upgrade available
Known to light strike in hot weather

Sig Pro
Pros
Gas efficient
Snappy Recoil
Looks nice

Cons/Issues
Rare/Hard to find
Magazines are hard to find

Glock 17
Pros
Gas efficient
Reliable like a TANK [Can be treated like a REAL Glock lol]
Can use Real Steel Glock Sights!
EVO II Hop Up Upgrade Available [Increase Accuracy! use .30g or heavier]

Issues/Cons
Weak Blowback
Lack of Real Trades

Glock 18
Stay Away due to sears wearing out and they will wear out
Other than that I still loved this damn gun!

So yhaa USP, HK45, Glock 17, Sig 226 are all solid KWA guns in my opinion
My USP has been running forever... I have three of them and the other two are just kept in storage waiting for the first one to break lol

Last edited by shelcoof; March 14th, 2017 at 06:22..
Old March 14th, 2017, 07:33   #14
Drakker
Official ASC Geomorphologist

The KWA/KSC USP .45 are also notorious for their weak safety springs, they always break.

Québec province's master age verification representative.
Drakker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2017, 07:37   #15
shelcoof

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakker View Post
The KWA/KSC USP .45 are also notorious for their weak safety springs, they always break.
Lol yhaa that's true
My primary usp.45 safety no longer works
I forget about it because I never use it
Not a big deal... at least for me
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion