Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

M14 Suggestions

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old July 25th, 2016, 20:43   #1
ParkerC8

M14 Suggestions

Hey guys I'm looking into getting an M14 for next year and I wanted to see what others were running and how they liked it. Unless your running a G&G!
ParkerC8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2016, 21:16   #2
Cliffradical
butthurt for not having a user title

I had a Cyma M14 Socom for a few years. Loved it.

It seems that I got a good one though, because it ran pretty well out of the box. A big downside to airsoft M14s is that V7 gearboxes (and clone variants) are a pain in the ass to work on. Techs hate them, and by virtue of that, hobbyists who pull their guns apart will only just get sad.
Techs hate "Box Guns" generally (gun parted out, troubleshooted by owner, possible modifications made "Please put it back together"), and receiving a V7 Box Gun will make a tech frown/ cost you many dollars, if they even accept it.

These things should steer you away from an airsoft M14 based on practical considerations alone.

Apart from that, mounting and carrying 7.62 NATO mags is a bitch. They're huge.
If your rig is MOLLE it will be single purpose, as no other magazine will work in the pouches you need. Your rig will need to be purpose-built for the M14 or you'll have to tear it down and rebuild it every time you want to switch to a different gun.
If you're playing skirmishes off of hicaps this isn't such a big deal, but for a milsim-type game trying to cram 10 magazines onto your body is a real challenge without bumping mags from your backpack into your rig.

If you *really* want an M14, go for it. Get a SOCOM if you want to be viable in dense bush/ CQB. But really, it's an expensive and impractical choice for typical run-and-gun airsoft games.
Cliffradical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2016, 21:18   #3
RX93

Lats time I played, there was a guy there was a guy there who had a CYMA M14, it seemed pretty nice. The only issue with it is how it shoots out of the box. It was chrono'd at 400 fps on .25s, so it was too hot to use.
RX93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2016, 21:40   #4
gman1211

Ive got a cyma m14, and I love it. Preforms very well, and basically when it comes to teching, the only issue is actually getting at the gearbox. The gearbox itself is not hard to work on at all, it just take alot of time to actually get at the thing. With some practice, not a problem at all.
gman1211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2016, 22:55   #5
ThunderCactus
Not Eye Safe, Pretty Boy Maximus on the field take his picture!

G&G/CA > Marui/cyma
ThunderCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2016, 23:03   #6
HaZarD SFD

Marui are the top and you can go from there. I love mine but I'm going to BMQ soon. Pics of it in classifieds. TM is a lot easier than other brands to work on. They have quieter mechboxes than other versions. A good tech can tear one down and shim and upgrade it in 2 hours max. I've done it in 59min.

Last edited by HaZarD SFD; July 26th, 2016 at 12:45..
HaZarD SFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2016, 11:30   #7
Zeroroaster

Speaking of M14's, anyone have experience with the G&P? I saw one last weekend and it was one beautiful rifle! Didn't have time to seriously check it out though..wish I would have.
Zeroroaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2016, 13:06   #8
ThunderCactus
Not Eye Safe, Pretty Boy Maximus on the field take his picture!

It's basically the same as the marui style. I'm actually working on one right now.
I own a G&G, and I have to say, in direct comparison, the ONLY things I like about the marui style is the selection of mags, and the already threaded flash hider.
In all other ways, the G&G/CA is superior.
More metal parts, simpler selector, V2 gears, internal trigger contacts, AUG hop chamber.
ThunderCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2016, 07:25   #9
pzrwest

Send a message via AIM to pzrwest Send a message via MSN to pzrwest Send a message via Yahoo to pzrwest
I'm sure a trip to a good army surplus stores will help you find good mag pouches or something close to the type used by the troops

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion