Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

rifle scope options?

:

Accessories Discussion

Old January 5th, 2016, 04:12   #1
hyz980517

rifle scope options?

hi guys, after some research, i found that NCstar vism p4 4-16X50mm is pretty good.

Is there any other scopes for recommendation? I mostly concern about clarity and field of view. I prefer a 50mm objective lens scope with 30mm tube diameter, but if there are any nice scopes for sniper, pls let me know.
hyz980517 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2016, 09:10   #2
Hectic
Oh we do hate you, just never felt like wasting the time to give you a user title :P

Bushnell trophy xlt. Many options good price point good optic either that or go big but then you'll be in the 2-5000 price range with an S&B or some such.

Also most zoom above 3x is going to be too much for airsoft (aside from scouting ahead and such. I'd love if my 3-9x was a 1.5-7 or something. But I normally use it at 3x and sometimes at 5 if I'm not sure what I'm looking at.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDoorn View Post
Thanks Hectic,
While your posts are sometimes a difficult read, you sure are helpfull
Lvl. 3 certified sniper
FinchFieldAirsoft
Hectic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2016, 16:27   #3
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

3-9 is probably the range you want to be in for a 500fps springer rifle. What you want is also eye relief. You want something that's very forgiving that gives you a sight picture quickly and easily. I had a scope with such a narrow relief window that if you were just a few millimeters left or right, you got nothing but the inside of the tube. It was so bad that if you weren't perfectly still you would lose the picture and the shot. Makes it hard to set up and shoot quickly, especially on moving targets.

For a magnified optic of passable quality I'd look to spend between 150-300$ Though my price range is more for 1.5-6x zooms, the range for 3-9s might be a bit different, but generally lower cost means shitty relief. There are a couple exceptions, but they can be hard to find. Look for a real steel scope, avoid anything airsoft branded.
Old January 7th, 2016, 19:04   #4
Chairs

Also can take a look at votex diamondback 3-9x40 I believe is magnification. Very good glass for 300 mark and vortex has very good customer service and no questions asked warranty.
Chairs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2016, 13:50   #5
Slodin

Depends on how much you want to spend.
I have some really cheap 3-9x40mm laying around (like a box full of them) which has good clarity and eye relief. These scope doesn't even have a brand...You can try to find something like these...it's around 30-50 bucks. (we give it for free when people buy air guns or .22 rifles from us..)

or go for cheap brands that makes stuff in the mid ground for both air guns and small cal RS. For example, Sun Optics which i'm using now..A 4x fixed prism acog style RS optic they made....(got it cause it's a demo scope for 80 bucks at a gun show..which I did a research later to found it it's suppose to be almost $200 USD)

that's the cheap option, which has no warranty and no promises..

or you can go for the RS scopes like red field, leupold, vortex, burris, and bushnell which all should have no questions asked warranty service which is worth the extra bucks. (not sure on burris and bushnell) but usually these are 150 - 800 bucks..

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Accessories Discussion