Airsoft Canada
https://blackblitzairsoft.myshopify.com/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Typical Noob Questions: Which is better?

:

Newbie Tank

Old June 23rd, 2011, 21:54   #76
Styrak

Send a message via MSN to Styrak
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCarate View Post
I was originally looking for the Uramex/VFC 416 DX model. I'm going to go for the VFC below I think. Has some decent reviews. Thanks for the reply. Unless there is anywhere I could find one that you know of.

http://www.mach1airsoft.ca/catalog.p...&id=426&cat=23
Um, why not from there?

Also it's site policy not to help anyone not AV'd with buying guns or pointing out where they can buy guns.

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2011, 12:22   #77
TCarate

Yeah, I know about the AV. I've been in touch with Optix about setting up a time since he's close to me. Just need to find a day I can make it out to the store or panther since its close to me.
TCarate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2012, 01:47   #78
bmak6

WE m4
http://www.camouflage.ca/WE_M4_CQBR_...2_p/we1003.htm

or

KJW m4 (C8) I guess looks more canadian.
http://airsoftgear.ca/index.php?main...roducts_id=929

Last edited by bmak6; February 12th, 2012 at 01:51..
bmak6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2012, 02:14   #79
L473ncy

KJW out of the box is probably better (the "father" of airsoft, Tanio Koba had a hand in helping to design the KJ M4), but if the WE is Open Bolt version and you're willing to dump at least $400-500 of RATech parts into it (NPAS kit is definitely needed, and everything else after that is pretty much reinforced/durability parts) you can have a solid GBBR.

Also VFC has some new GBBR's coming out for 2012. Maybe you should wait for them if any of the retailers get their hands on them. They'll probably cost an arm and a leg though. I know the old VFC GBBR's did at least (but also partly because they were a bit rare to find landed in Canada back then as well).
Old February 12th, 2012, 02:37   #80
bmak6

Quote:
Originally Posted by L473ncy View Post
KJW out of the box is probably better (the "father" of airsoft, Tanio Koba had a hand in helping to design the KJ M4), but if the WE is Open Bolt version and you're willing to dump at least $400-500 of RATech parts into it (NPAS kit is definitely needed, and everything else after that is pretty much reinforced/durability parts) you can have a solid GBBR.

Also VFC has some new GBBR's coming out for 2012. Maybe you should wait for them if any of the retailers get their hands on them. They'll probably cost an arm and a leg though. I know the old VFC GBBR's did at least (but also partly because they were a bit rare to find landed in Canada back then as well).
Oh okay, I'll keep my pants on for a-bit then. Was just at airsoftgear earlier today to take a look at some stuff
bmak6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2012, 06:24   #81
haven.hatty
Banned

I've been in touch with Optix about setting up a time since he's close to me. Just need to find a day I can make it out to the store or panther since its close to me.
haven.hatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2013, 11:47   #82
ThunderCactus
Not Eye Safe, Pretty Boy Maximus on the field take his picture!

This thread is so damn old CA is still considered high grade O_O
CA; shiny ass plasticy paint on the M4 receivers, made of weak pot metal, the 249s are notorious for losing parts, A&K who cloned their 249 actually makes a better box mag, their mechboxes aren't fully TM spec in bushing placement, weaker mechbox shells, quality goes up and down depending on how their sales are doing, notoriously some of the least reliable internals.
Let's everyone be honest, they make only half decent guns and the only reason CA was ever popular is because they had the only decent full metal bodied guns on the market 4-7 years ago, the only decent MP5s, the only metal G3s, and the only marui compatible 249 (anyone remember TOP? and STAR's clear plastic LMG mechboxes?). I'd rather buy a G&G M4 these days.

I'd move STAR to low grade (I've been in a few, they're REALLY bad) and CA to mid at the very most
ARES and A&K at the bottom end of mid

marui can be argued....they're high quality in terms of stock reliability, but too expensive when you consider it's performance limitations. Costs a new gun to upgrade to a metal body and going above 350fps costs a new mechbox shell.

Add realsword to high quality, they're tanks

and whats everyones opinion on LCT? Their bodies are excellent but I know nothing of their stock internals

Last edited by ThunderCactus; July 23rd, 2013 at 11:54..
ThunderCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2013, 16:20   #83
wilsonred5

cool
wilsonred5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2023, 19:59   #84
fuzzyyeti

Interesting
fuzzyyeti is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank