Old November 17th, 2007, 22:37   #1
mr_gomez

akm mags

are akm mags the same as ak47 mags?
mr_gomez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2007, 10:41   #2
Relja

Send a message via MSN to Relja
yes they are. They have that banana curved shape. To my knowledge the only thing that is different is the appearance. For example the ak47 mags have the lines on them are made either of metal or plastic, depending on the company. As for akm mags they are made to my knowledge of bakelite, which is a type of plastic and are sort of plane. But the akm mags will fit in your ak47. Because the akm was just a little bit modified from the original 47. To which im not sure (ask ancorp) but all they changed was the flash and the pistol grip.

Both types of mags can be found at airsoftparts.ca from jugglez.

Hope i helped.
Certified Level 2 Bolt Action Operator
Relja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2007, 14:41   #3
ancorp
AK Guru

They aren't really "AKM" mags. The bakelite (orangeish color) mags just came out after the AKM, and are simply 7.62x39 mags, for either the AK, AKS, AKM, AKMS, or the AK-103/104. In airsoft, they will fit most AKs, including most AK-74 series (ICS, CA, etc).

I can't stand Star real-caps. I don't like plastic mags that were SUPPOSED to be metal.

Your best bet for cheap bakelite 7.62 mags, are a box of MAG brand midcaps.

As for the AKM being slightly different then the AK-47 - nope. There are a LOT of differences. The biggest is the receiver which is stamped compared to the milled receivers of the AK-47s (TypeII and III). Stamped is easier to produce and is lighter. Infact that was pretty much the only difference on the very first prototype of the AKM. But most production models, especially the later ones had different: Muzzle attachment, barrel thickness, top cover, bolt carrier, safety lever, pistol grip, lower handguard, stock, front sight, rear sight, gas port, gas tube, handguard retainers, etc, etc, etc. And that's external wise.

Cheers,
Alex

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Accessories Discussion