Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Sling advice.

:

Accessories Discussion

Old August 11th, 2006, 17:48   #1
vatek

Sling advice.

I've just got myself a brand new G&P CQBR, but I'm having some serious difficulty choosing a sling style for it. Maybe I'm just indecisive.

It's an incredibly short gun, more in line with an MP5 than an M4, and I'm playing woodland games that are usually all-day affairs.

I've used a three-point on my old fullstock ICS M4 but now I'm stuck between a 1pt or 3pt for this rifle. I want a quick transition to secondary weapon when needed and preferably something that isn't going to bang around and take my kneecaps/nuts out while I'm running. Quick shouldering during patrols is also high importance.

I'm looking for opinions and advice to help me make my final decision.
vatek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2006, 18:25   #2
swatt13
Captain Awesome

i like the 1 point, quick and easy, no buckle or clasps, just drop it and grab your secondary, the only downfall is if your crawling a 3point would be nicer as it would keep it slung across your back rather than fighting with it or flopping it around like a 1point.
but a 3point slings across your rig and gets in the way of magpouches, catches on other buckles ect. i think theyre too clumsy or "busy" a 1 point is simple. they both have good advantages.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TokyoSeven
a Systema PTW is like KD, where the noodles are plated in gold and the cheese sauce is actually a pool of hot naked women.
swatt13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2006, 18:31   #3
vatek

Do you use the one-point that attaches to the vest on the back somewhere, or a non-connected one?
vatek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2006, 19:31   #4
swatt13
Captain Awesome

just get any sling and run it through your d ring on the shoulder of your vest. i use a carabiner to connect the two for quick detatch. well i use to, now i have it connected via a quick connect buckle.

you CAN go buy the ones that attatch to the molle on the back of your vest or pack... but home made works just as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TokyoSeven
a Systema PTW is like KD, where the noodles are plated in gold and the cheese sauce is actually a pool of hot naked women.
swatt13 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Accessories Discussion