Airsoft Canada
https://blackblitzairsoft.myshopify.com/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Accessories Discussion
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

It's AALIVVE!!! Well, almost. Tornado grenade video posted on my site!

:

Accessories Discussion

Old March 14th, 2008, 00:48   #136
MadMax
Delierious Designer of Dastardly Detonations

Location: in the dark recesses of some metal chip filled machine shop
0.2g pellets. I find that heavier pellets work best because they provide more reaction mass to recoil against and the impact is harder. Short loading doesn't help much. The first shots are slow because they're mostly propelled by gas blowing by the deeper pellets and they're not propelled for a very long length.

MadMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2008, 06:24   #137
Maelstrom

love the end quote. always wondered where i'd need trig in my career! guess it ends up only being in a hobby
Maelstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2008, 18:35   #138
Berkut
PinkEagle

Carl,

you got pretty stiff competition in that grenade business...
Gotta get production going on double, before this kid gets ALL the market!

G63
Berkut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2008, 21:37   #139
monkey530

Funny...

http://www.youtube.com/user/mfc810

I like Carl's deployment system better though, looks like it should be more effective.
monkey530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2008, 21:44   #140
MadMax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berkut View Post
Carl,

you got pretty stiff competition in that grenade business...
Gotta get production going on double, before this kid gets ALL the market!
Yeah, I was making those a couple years ago with magicians balloons. Whole poodles full of bbs BOOYAH!

I abandoned the idea because I couldn't fit the puppies into grenade pouches.

An interesting idea still. I was initially doing something kind of similar with inflated surgical tubing with a similar scheme to a Tippman Squadbuster. The hope was to propel bbs through 5cm tubes at the end of an inflated piece of doubled over surgical tubing. I kept getting wierd bb stacks within the tubing which would plug the passage and cause a huge pileup of bbs which would get completely trapped in a wierd aneurysm of surgical tube.

Last edited by MadMax; March 19th, 2008 at 21:47..
Old March 20th, 2008, 08:36   #141
SavageInsight

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMax View Post
0.2g pellets. I find that heavier pellets work best because they provide more reaction mass to recoil against and the impact is harder. Short loading doesn't help much. The first shots are slow because they're mostly propelled by gas blowing by the deeper pellets and they're not propelled for a very long length.
Some buddies of mine and I have been doing experiments in staggered and "straight" tubes Max.

I thought you'd like to hear our findings:

.12 bbs are faster, and have the best SHORT range effectiveness.

.2 bbs are ok for lower fps

.25 and higher travel VERY FAR by comparison (at least a 20 foot advantage) IF you can break the high fps mark of over 280-300 fps.
Consider this as a 10-15% increase in distance, without bounce.
This figure is not specific. We're talking only about the *pressure* it takes to propel a SINGLE bb that fast.
By comparison, a regulated Madbull King nade using similar pressure data had the same percentage comparison effect for distance, and a much tighter grouping for spread.
This suggests that in a spinning device, you could in theory produce a more uniform bb spread and increase the initial Newtonian impulse effect which causes the Tornado's initial spin.

The point? Maybe if you staggered the bbs, putting heavier bbs down lowest, and lighter bbs on top inside the Tornado.

Say, half .25s on the bottom and half .12s on top?

Good Times!
-SavI

btw: WE'RE SCREAMING FOR THESE!!! LOL

We want the grenades! -give us like a 5foot outdoor radius alone and we'll be grinning. Exceed that, and we'll be wicked!

Last edited by SavageInsight; March 20th, 2008 at 08:39..
SavageInsight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2008, 18:01   #142
~Ghost~

Send a message via MSN to ~Ghost~
is thier any further information on the launch date or when orders will be taken etc as im sure thier are allot of people are curiouse as well??
Thanks
~Ghost~
~Ghost~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2008, 19:43   #143
The Lettonian
a.k.a. FNG_13

Send a message via Skype™ to The Lettonian
Quote:
Originally Posted by arman View Post
yea they went over the netting a few times...
yeah...I threw four and two went under the net....And this is it, MadMax! I swear it! Once I buy a couple of these, no more $$ to airsoft for a WHILE!....I know that's a lie, but I like to comfort myself with it....
|: Nos habebit humus! :|
Raug, draugi, kā šī kanna mirdz, kā puto alutiņš? Dievs zin, cik ilgi līksmo sirds, lai baudām drīz!

Last edited by The Lettonian; March 25th, 2008 at 19:58..
The Lettonian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2008, 20:02   #144
monkey530

Isn't he just working on getting a good stock going so that he doesn't have to come to the point where he has to do more preorders as the initial launch.
monkey530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2008, 20:20   #145
MadMax

Sorry for the lack of updates. I'm away on business right now visiting my fill valve manufacturer in China. Work is going very well, but the work is gruelling. I'm 12hrs out of phase with Canada. I'm pretty much going 14hrs a day here. I wish I could do some sightseeing, but I'm here to do work.

Man, my first visit to my families homeland for only 3 days and I only have time to work... I'll definitely have to come back sometime.

Work has gone well, I'll be returning with unfinished parts (no anodize) so I can start working out the assembly process and start sending out samples. Finished parts should start arriving in Canada in a couple weeks when we can go full bore on assembly and start sales.

Almost everything is done! Packaging, injection moulded parts are all complete and done locally so they're easy processes for me to control. The valves are Chinese and they should be done soon and done right so I'm really getting itchy to launch.

Old March 25th, 2008, 20:51   #146
Azathoth

Quote:
Sorry for the lack of updates. I'm away on business right now visiting my fill valve manufacturer in China. Work is going very well, but the work is gruelling. I'm 12hrs out of phase with Canada. I'm pretty much going 14hrs a day here. I wish I could do some sightseeing, but I'm here to do work.

Man, my first visit to my families homeland for only 3 days and I only have time to work... I'll definitely have to come back sometime.

Work has gone well, I'll be returning with unfinished parts (no anodize) so I can start working out the assembly process and start sending out samples. Finished parts should start arriving in Canada in a couple weeks when we can go full bore on assembly and start sales.

Almost everything is done! Packaging, injection moulded parts are all complete and done locally so they're easy processes for me to control. The valves are Chinese and they should be done soon and done right so I'm really getting itchy to launch.
We're Chinese we work 16 hr days... hope you don't have tooo much fun
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcguyver View Post
it would appear I am not first up in this gang-bang
---
WANTED PTW Receiver PRIME, STG, Factory
Azathoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2008, 13:57   #147
attack-beaver

got something for you carl new add poster :P

attack-beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2008, 21:02   #148
SavageInsight

Quote:

Fwew, I feel you.

The kids in Korea these days have 18 hour school days/study sessions thanks to the internet - NOT FUN!!!!

Just happy to be in the US.

I am dying to work with these, but I can imagine how tough it's got to be for you, it's homeland. At least tell me that you're eating well.

Good Fortune and Times to you,
-SavI
SavageInsight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2008, 15:46   #149
Zeaken

How has the progress been going? any rough idea on when release is supposed to be? dont mean to be a nag but i cant help but to be curious since i in invested in the "preorder" in jan.
Zeaken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2008, 23:46   #150
arman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeaken View Post
How has the progress been going? any rough idea on when release is supposed to be? dont mean to be a nag but i cant help but to be curious since i in invested in the "preorder" in jan.
so am i...its only 20 bucks he said he would give it back...but then your not on the list anymore...thats a bad thing.

playing with my kid!
arman is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Accessories Discussion