Interesting CQB game observations: Where I get shot

:

General

Old November 19th, 2006, 14:30   #1
MadMax
Delierious Designer of Dastardly Detonations

Location: in the dark recesses of some metal chip filled machine shop
Interesting CQB game observations: Where I get shot

I was counting up welts from a CQB game and realized something interesting. I had a strong prevalence of hits to my front right quarter.

"Luckily" I play wearing light clothing (t-shirt) so I can feel my hits and keep cool. Hits also have the side benifit of leaving distinct marks which are easy to account.

Out of 9 welts from one evening of CQB at TTAC3, I noted the following distribution:

-3x right arm
-5x front right torso
-1x rear left torso

Apparently I don't turn to the right as well as I cover left which isn't very surprising as I am strongly right handed. I wonder if I may be using a "bladed" stance presenting the strong arm forward.

The small amount of hits to the rear half hopefully means I don't get backdoored much and am bringing the fight to the field rather than waiting for it to flank me.

I'm not exactly sure that this is unoptimal. Having an equal distribution of hits might mean I'm equally weak in all directions and am collecting a higher total number of hits in the end. I often find myself stuffing myself into wierd suicide defence situations hoping to disrupt a coordinated stack when the team balence is intentionally imbalenced.

Anyone else find that they get a lot more welts on certain angles?

MadMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2006, 15:00   #2
shadow1911
Banned

Send a message via MSN to shadow1911
**stare stare** never thought any one ever studdyed where they got hit
shadow1911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2006, 15:26   #3
DragonHawk
Hit Me 4 DigiPoints!

Send a message via ICQ to DragonHawk Send a message via MSN to DragonHawk Send a message via Yahoo to DragonHawk
It may be a bit different outdoors, but I find I do get hit on the right side a fair bit. Usually, that's the side that's sticking out (I shoot right-handed), so it takes a fair amount of fire. I think the distribution is pretty even from other quarters though.
Old November 19th, 2006, 15:31   #4
JOHNUSA

try switching eyes as you clear left and right corners. that's if you are using a gun without a but.

when using a butt enter the room with your gun at a 75degree rather than 90 and keep an eye on your front site. nothing else matters in cqb less they have a hostie.

clearing your corners is done by stepping back from the corner and clearing all slices of pie before rounding. This creates a more shallow angle and allows less of your body and more of your vision.

opcorn:
JOHNUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2006, 16:47   #5
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

Send a message via MSN to CDN_Stalker
Deftonius gets shot in the knob more than anyone I know, is that an indication of his assault technique? Lol
CDN_Stalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2006, 16:54   #6
FOX_111
Le Roi des poissons d'avril

I'm getting more hits in my hands and foreharsms.
That's what I'm exposing most of the time when doing "attack peeks" in CQB.

Luckelly for me, I rarely get shot in the face.

Vérificateur d'âge: Terrebonne
FOX_111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2006, 18:58   #7
Ibby

Send a message via ICQ to Ibby
I get shot on the right hand side all the time. I have no eye there

As for CQB, room clearing should be easy. Frag grenades are cheap.
Old November 19th, 2006, 19:19   #8
Brian McIlmoyle
8=======D

Not surpised

Carl, you seemed to go in the far door mostly,,, which was a entry to the left, so it stands to reason that the right side would be exposed first..

When you were working on the inside.. you had a choice of position and so, your right handedness will tend to put you in places where your right side would be exposed to fire.

Me... I seemed to get it in the flank more often than anywhere... going in #3 thinking that the corners were cleared by my 1 and 2... many painfull lessons had by all. I particularly liked the one where both you and Steve lit me up on the left flank..... and just kept shooting till I stopped writhing and called HIT..That was classic!

It was a particularly intense night... everyone was keen to work the scenario... When I offered to break it down to a skirmish... everyone wanted to keep working the scenario.

I think we had 22 people in the room... a good night..
Toronto Downtown Age Verifier

OPERATION WOODSMAN

If the tongue could cut as the sword does, the dead would be infinite
Brian McIlmoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2006, 19:39   #9

I was noticing a pattern when in comes to hits at TTAC3. I almost never get hit in upper body, rarely arms or head/face area. Most of the time it's legs for some reason.
666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2006, 19:42   #10
Vivisector

Send a message via MSN to Vivisector
Though this is in more of a woodland setting: left hand, knees and face. I too study where I've been hit, in hopes of not making the same mistakes (though I still do...)

Hand because I use a long gun and the first body part of mine in view when I turn a corner is my left hand on the foregrip. Knees because I crouch when I should be going prone. Face because I have a bad habit of putting my entire head around a corner to view the situation.
Old November 19th, 2006, 19:43   #11
MadMax
Delierious Designer of Dastardly Detonations

Location: in the dark recesses of some metal chip filled machine shop
Quote:
Originally Posted by 666 View Post
I was noticing a pattern when in comes to hits at TTAC3. I almost never get hit in upper body, rarely arms or head/face area. Most of the time it's legs for some reason.

Maybe you leave them sticking out of cover often. I think most of my hits are delivered when I rush a position. Hard to cover the slices when there's fire coming in straight on.

MadMax is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General