Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

sniper training courses

:

General

Closed Thread

Old June 24th, 2013, 23:24   #1
Rob101

sniper training courses

I'm planning on getting into a sniper role and I'm totally new to the concept. This may be a noob question here but are all the courses in southern Ontario? Are there ever any thathappen more North like in around North Bay or the Sudbury area? Because i know a few guys that would like to get their lvl2 certification including myself. If anyone has any info on it can you please PM me or just reply. Thanks
Old June 25th, 2013, 00:07   #2
Hectic
Oh we do hate you, just never felt like wasting the time to give you a user title :P

I dont think there are any instructors that far north.
There will most likely be another one near the end of the season in the fall if your group wants to make a road trip out of it but other then that you may have a harder time finding one in your area.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDoorn View Post
Thanks Hectic,
While your posts are sometimes a difficult read, you sure are helpfull
Lvl. 3 certified sniper
FinchFieldAirsoft
Old June 25th, 2013, 00:08   #3
R.I.T.Z
Crackers

the closest they've got north was gravenhurst.
and that was last year.

this is mainly due to the fact that the instructors are southern ontario based.
Old June 25th, 2013, 06:44   #4
Rob101

Ok thx guys
Old October 21st, 2013, 00:47   #5
akira69

basically if you dont live in southern ontario, or aren't willing to make the 8 hour drive for the afternoon you aren't allowed to shoot like the big boys
Old October 21st, 2013, 16:21   #6
ThunderCactus
Not Eye Safe, Pretty Boy Maximus on the field take his picture!

Are you new at airsoft or new at sniping?
Also I highly recommend against sniping since most snipers are totally useless. Why not be an integrated marksmen? You can still use a bolt action rifle but you'll actually be useful lol
Old October 21st, 2013, 16:47   #7
drk242

rob we will be holding at least one in the 2014 year looking at two. opinions are like a..h.... everyone has one . snipers properly deployed can and often do have a very important roll.
Old October 21st, 2013, 17:19   #8
FOX_111
Le Roi des poissons d'avril

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderCactus View Post
Are you new at airsoft or new at sniping?
Also I highly recommend against sniping since most snipers are totally useless. Why not be an integrated marksmen? You can still use a bolt action rifle but you'll actually be useful lol
Your comment need to be clarified.

- New players need not to start at the sniper role. Being an effective and safe sniper mean understanding the basic dynamic of airsoft, it's ballistic and tactics.

- Lone wolf snipers are useless to the team effort.

- If you seek action and kills, be a sniper inside an offensive team, providing long range accurate support and observation.

That being clarified, I agree. A noob with a hot gun is dangerous. A certified noob with a hot gun is safer, but not as effective as a seasoned player that have a few game under his belt using an AEG.

Sniping is not about being 7331 Ă* la COD. If the trill of the stalk, the hunt and the painfull progression in very unconfortable, prolonged situation is your thing, then the sniper role will be fun to you.
Kill seakers and head shot faggots need not apply.

Vérificateur d'âge: Terrebonne
Old October 21st, 2013, 17:41   #9
Renegade)
A Total Bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by akira69 View Post
basically if you dont live in southern ontario, or aren't willing to make the 8 hour drive for the afternoon you aren't allowed to shoot like the big boys
False... Sha Do or other Sniper Course instructors arent the Bolt Action above 450 police... Hosts just recognize these instructive courses as means to trust the players who have taken them with FPS BA Rifles above the 450FPS limit.

He very well could find a host willing to let him play with whatever, those games are less accepted and attended, but they do exist.

If he has no sniper course near him, Id suggest a PM to Sha Do, get some instruction material, and teach himself to play safely with the rifle he decides he wants to field with other FRIENDS on the field.
Old October 21st, 2013, 19:55   #10
drk242

sad rob has been to our northern field. the course Mr Shiney runs for us is very complete. rob you can bump option B and we will keep you informed to the dates you can attend. but we wont just sign a ticket as was suggested buy your area member at the last game.
Old October 21st, 2013, 20:25   #11
chaz

I have been running a Bolt Action as a primary for 2 seasons now at HILL437. I do however plan on attending the level 2 course next year. I know there is TONS that I still have to learn even after playing for 2 years. Would love to be able to run my gun at events after being certified safe by Sha Do and crew .
Old October 21st, 2013, 23:33   #12
ThunderCactus
Not Eye Safe, Pretty Boy Maximus on the field take his picture!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOX_111 View Post
- Lone wolf snipers are useless to the team effort.
That's where I was going with it lol
Old October 22nd, 2013, 12:08   #13
Ricochet
How much sand CAN you fit in your vagina!?

Check out this thread.

http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=158804

And for any of you who run recognized sniper training courses, I'd love it if you added some info on the to the above thread link.
Old October 22nd, 2013, 12:48   #14
akira69

Our team has A designated marksman who runs a bolt action with a red dot he runs front line in the open most times and he is extremely effective. He's been playing for 8 years now, starting with an AEG. He doesnt play a sniper role but as a bolt action marksman he falls under what set of unwritten rules he's safe and we all trust him at higher limits. So in order to run his BA at higher limits he has to take a course in how to be a better sniper which isn't the style he plays. Seems rather biased imho.

Last edited by akira69; October 22nd, 2013 at 13:40.. Reason: fat fingers
Old October 22nd, 2013, 14:38   #15
Ricochet
How much sand CAN you fit in your vagina!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by akira69 View Post
Our team has A designated marksman who runs a bolt action with a red dot he runs front line in the open most times and he is extremely effective. He's been playing for 8 years now, starting with an AEG. He doesnt play a sniper role but as a bolt action marksman he falls under what set of unwritten rules he's safe and we all trust him at higher limits. So in order to run his BA at higher limits he has to take a course in how to be a better sniper which isn't the style he plays. Seems rather biased imho.
I half agree. There's nothing wrong with having a course to teach you the finer points of safety, because not every player is experienced, will find bolt action fun, or should be running at a higher FPS.

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General