Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Female Airsofters: Gear Questions

:

Gear Discussion

Old March 17th, 2009, 17:23   #16
Azathoth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackthorne View Post
Shop at COSTCO's in predominantly Asian populated areas. They carry smaller sizes.

Try childrens sizing or Ebanned, their BDU are cut from asian builds you may find better fit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcguyver View Post
it would appear I am not first up in this gang-bang
---
WANTED PTW Receiver PRIME, STG, Factory
Azathoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2009, 17:34   #17
C.G

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainside View Post
My only experience with buying surplus BDUs was with a M Reg and it was definitely way too tight around the hips and very loose around the waist.
ehm... .wear a belt? problem solved?
or check out the small waist - reg length.
C.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2009, 21:47   #18
mountainside

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.G View Post
ehm... .wear a belt? problem solved?
or check out the small waist - reg length.
I was wearing a belt. Too much fabric. Meh, I'll do the pseudo-PMC look. ;p
mountainside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2009, 21:59   #19
coach
aka coachster

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainside View Post
I was wearing a belt. Too much fabric. Meh, I'll do the pseudo-PMC look. ;p
get a good quality set of BDU's and have them tailored. much easier than trying to find a set that fits. sure it might cost a few bucks more but it'll save you the frustration of running around trying different patterns and cuts.
coach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2009, 22:28   #20
L473ncy

My bro is actually built like a girl, he's tall and wiry (people have actually asked if he's malnourished).

We had to go to the surplus store and search through some BDU's to get his pants. Then I got him a tunic (long regular I believe). Best bet is to check out the surplus store and try them on so you can find a pattern with a good cut and a size that will fit you properly.

I'm pretty sure they have BDU's for females although from what people tell me tend to not fit "properly" but they're better than the male BDU cuts.

Check out ones made for Asians, they are probably cut to fit Asians better and therefore might be a better cut for you.

I find my pants to be a bit loose around the waist (fixed that with a belt). For the record I'm a 5' 6", 68 kg (150 lbs), Asian.
Old March 17th, 2009, 22:34   #21
Drake
E-01

Dunno what pattern you're looking for, but if its not specific you may want to look at British kit: BDU trousers are sized by Waist AND Seat sizes, not just waist (in addition to length) so you might find something shaped a bit more like your body. Additionally they have a built-in drawstring around the waist in addition to buttons to adjust the waist size, so even if you have to buy a larger size to fit your hips comfortably, you can very easily cinch the waist, even without a belt.

The BDU shits are aren't very adjustable but you can probably forgo them in favor of a tshirt and use the Smock, which is very adjustable (draw string around the waist and bottom edge allows you to keep it from looking too puffy, even if you need to get a larger one to fit around you chest comfortably).
Old March 17th, 2009, 23:25   #22
LUTNIT

The problem with Asian measured clothes is Asians have no hips to speak of, I'm a guy with average guy hips and an Asian cut XXXL (I'm an XL in US sizes) fits me but is still tight coming over my hips.

I would go with the altered BDU's, could even sew them yourself (not a jab against women!) I accidentally came into possession of never used CADPAT AR BDU's but the pants where two sizes too small. I took the material out of the bottoms of the legs (boot flaps?) and added in some sections around the waist, thighs, and crotch to bring them up to size. With the camouflage pattern its barely noticeable, took less than an hour on my sewing machine.
LUTNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2009, 23:31   #23
Alex Le Chef
Formerly funkeinstein

Send a message via MSN to Alex Le Chef
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimski View Post
you could try the French BDUs, either woodland or OD, they have a tight fit that might suit you, and they are very comfortable.

like this

http://www.rddusa.com/Army-Clothing-...-Clothing.html

now we see whitch side you on
Alex Le Chef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2009, 15:50   #24
Mordarski J.A.
formerly Blinky

The best thing I could recommend is to decide what camouflage pattern - if any - you want to wear first. From there, you can size it to fit you properly. For example: If you get a pair of US Woodland BDU pants and they're too large in the waist, take them to a tailor and get them brought in.

As for doing the PMC loadout.......since it's still a relatively new idea (more teams have been apt to wearing specific camouflage and emulating said country's military) you are pretty open on that. And because PMC's all customize their own gear, there is no set design you need to follow.

Non Sibi Sed Omnibus

Age Verifier - Manitoba

Current Armoury:
WE C7A1 x2 - WE M14 DMR - WE L85A2
CA C8 - CA SLR105 - TM FAMAS

WE Browning Hi-Power - Tanaka Browning Hi-Power
WE M1911 - KWA SIG Sauer P226 - KSC SIG Sauer P229
Mordarski J.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2009, 16:19   #25
DuffMan

Send a message via ICQ to DuffMan Send a message via MSN to DuffMan
Quote:
Originally Posted by L473ncy View Post
Check out ones made for Asians, they are probably cut to fit Asians better and therefore might be a better cut for you.
Asian cuts may be smaller and slimmer but fail to account for feminine curves. Particularly in the Chinese mainland, even women don't really have any gazongas and have an insubstantial badonkadonk.

"He resisted. I asked him to comply."
"Telling him to 'eat it, bitch' is not really a request."
DuffMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2009, 18:40   #26
Laike

Bless you Duffman, you just made my day.

Asian cuts probably won't do unless you're built like the average chinese woman. I agree with CG, fiddle around with odd sizes like short medium or long small or what not til you find something that works. The only problem is alot of the knock offs/chinese made stuff is that they are only made in a few sizes. Small, med, large, xl, etc. You'll probably need to find something thats issued to find better sizing, which will most likely reduce you to cadpats, woodland, 3 colour desert, acu, marpat, or anything along those lines. Though anything from Tru-spec or Propper should be orderable in the off sizes. (I checked propper's site, and they do offer in the odd sizes, so I assume Tru-Spec does the same)

Gloves on the other hand, I find using civvie gloves work for me. Though apparently Oakley does XS and such, but I suspect I'd have to order from Oakley themselves to get my XS gloves. My wallet is already crying tears.

Personally though, I found the biggest pain in the ass are knee and elbow pads. Currently, I'm working with regular kneepads with ample amount of electrical tape for assistance. So far I haven't found luck with usable kid sized kneepads/elbow pads unfortunately.
Laike is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Gear Discussion