Airsoft Canada
http://triggerairsoft.com/shop/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Gear Discussion
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Paintball Goggles: Are there any which are smaller?

:

Gear Discussion

Old May 2nd, 2008, 00:47   #1
Yuxi
Retired

Paintball Goggles: Are there any which are smaller?

Like title says.

I am currently wearing JT Spectras (?), and was wondering:
Are all paintball goggles the exact same size?
Are there some goggles which are smaller than others? Maybe even comparable to regular non-PB goggles such as ESS?
Yuxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2008, 02:25   #2
Firewalker

Send a message via ICQ to Firewalker Send a message via AIM to Firewalker Send a message via MSN to Firewalker Send a message via Yahoo to Firewalker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuxi View Post
Are there some goggles which are smaller than others? Maybe even comparable to regular non-PB goggles such as ESS?
http://www.usmilitarygear.com/prodde...110-43&cat=237 These are a bit lower profile

http://www.usmilitarygear.com/prodde...-EV-CF&cat=237 These are another that I was looking at before getting my revision sawflys...

Both come with facemasks, hope that aint an issue.
Old May 2nd, 2008, 04:02   #3
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

I have both of those goggles... they're not much lower profile than JT Spectras but have way better optics.

The one thing I don't like about them is how the mask is integrated with the goggle. They can't be separated, which is an issue when it comes to acquiring a proper cheekweld.
ILLusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2008, 04:23   #4
McKee
Merica'

Send a message via MSN to McKee
Someone really needs to make airsoft goggles but sell them and package them as paintball goggles. All paintball goggles are designed to fit in a mask cause nobody in their right mind plays paintball without a mask. Someone should just make a goggle that encases your eyes but is low profile, thermal, and designed to be stand alone from a mask. Then when the field owner is like "yalls got paintball goggles?" for his field insurance purposes, show him the package thats says paintball and boom, done.

Commanding in Airsoft
McKee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2008, 04:37   #5
Firewalker

Send a message via ICQ to Firewalker Send a message via AIM to Firewalker Send a message via MSN to Firewalker Send a message via Yahoo to Firewalker
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLusion View Post
I have both of those goggles... they're not much lower profile than JT Spectras but have way better optics.
Any little bit helps... Unfortunately, paintball goggles are always so damned... bulky. Don't know why. There are milsim paintballers that don't want to look like they just came out of Halo 3.
Old May 2nd, 2008, 17:31   #6
rockafella

How about just using the “SYKES” airsoft mask and throwing on a pair of paintball googles (removed from the mask part) would they allow that at the the field? I have the VFORCE Tactical one http://www.usmilitarygear.com/prodde...110-43&cat=237
But I find that it still gets in the way of me using my sights. I saw one the other day though that has a very low profile and also has the face piece made of rubber so it would be flexible enough for it to be pressed on the face.
Old May 2nd, 2008, 17:32   #7
Donster

Vforce Grill? I think that is pretty low profile.
Donster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2008, 17:54   #8
The Saint

I remember trying a model that was significantly smaller than my Spectre, but I don't remember the brand. I think it was Scott, but I'm not certain and it's impossible to tell from picture.
Old May 3rd, 2008, 12:21   #9
Yuxi
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockafella View Post
How about just using the “SYKES” airsoft mask and throwing on a pair of paintball googles (removed from the mask part) would they allow that at the the field? I have the VFORCE Tactical one http://www.usmilitarygear.com/prodde...110-43&cat=237
But I find that it still gets in the way of me using my sights. I saw one the other day though that has a very low profile and also has the face piece made of rubber so it would be flexible enough for it to be pressed on the face.
Ontario fields don't require masks already. So in this case it would be redundant to add something else to the already large goggles, but thanks anyways
Old May 3rd, 2008, 15:25   #10
ThunderCactus
Not Eye Safe, Pretty Boy Maximus on the field take his picture!

ESS NVG, ESS goggles with the turbofan in them
Personally I'm a big fan of the advancer V12s
As long as you don't need a facemask
ThunderCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2008, 15:53   #11
Yuxi
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderCactus View Post
ESS NVG, ESS goggles with the turbofan in them
Personally I'm a big fan of the advancer V12s
As long as you don't need a facemask
I don't think ESS are official (insurance covered) paintball goggles. Which is the real trick in Ontario, finding a low profile goggle that is
Old May 3rd, 2008, 16:16   #12
SINN

Send a message via MSN to SINN
Actually, ESS doesn't like us using their goggles for airsoft. In their testing, BB's have made it underneath the nose area. There were working on an airsoft mask that could attach to them, but I don't know what happened to that. I know I wouldn't wear it anyway lol.

ESS's weren't tested for paintball because the effects of liquid hitting the lense and projectile solids are not the same..it wasn't their market so they were not really pursuing it.
Old May 7th, 2008, 04:28   #13
Laike

I'm using Dye Pro i3's. I find them to be smaller than the JTs. For starters, I cannot wear my glasses with them, unlike my JTs (btw, who ever found my dear old JT mask, please send it home. I do miss them). I have yet to use them with out the mask (still looking for suggestions on mouthguards by the way), but so far I'm very very happy with them.
Laike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2008, 09:07   #14
MADDOG

JT Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuxi View Post
*sigh*, I guess the search continues.
Hey Yuxi,

JT Elite (Inexpensive entry goggles) are lower profile but usually come with single pane lenses with a removeable face shield.
You can buy thermal replacements (recommended) and they are much smaller then the spectra and closer to the face.
They sell these at Canadian Tire but you might have to go to Badlands to get the thermal replacement lenses.

http://www.badlandspaintball.com/gog...ty/lenses.html

MD

Cry Havoc, Let slip the Dogs of War!

"Opportunities multiply as they are seized."
- Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Last edited by MADDOG; May 7th, 2008 at 09:10..
MADDOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2008, 04:21   #15
rockafella

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentry View Post
Someone really needs to make airsoft goggles but sell them and package them as paintball goggles. Someone should just make a goggle that encases your eyes but is low profile, thermal, and designed to be stand alone from a mask. Then when the field owner is like "yalls got paintball goggles?" for his field insurance purposes, show him the package thats says paintball and boom, done.

+1
Hey other than useing the Sykes Mask, any other sugestions for PB approved gogs that allow use of optics?

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Gear Discussion