Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Alternative Eye Protection

:

Gear Discussion

Old October 30th, 2006, 20:59   #1
deltaop1

Question Alternative Eye Protection

Hi Folks ...

Due to the style of my eyeglass frame I find it uncomfortable to wear conventional paintball googles on top of my glasses. Since the intention of the googles is to protect the eyes/face from BB hits, would a full face shield something like what is being sold at One Shot Tactical be allowed as a substitute for paintball googles? And would paintball fields accept this alternative face protection?

Here is the link to the face shield example I was referring to:
http://www.oneshottactical.com/merch...ory_Code=EW-GA

Thank you!
deltaop1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2006, 21:01   #2
yanhchan

Send a message via AIM to yanhchan Send a message via MSN to yanhchan
Quote:
Originally Posted by deltaop1 View Post
Hi Folks ...

Due to the style of my eyeglass frame I find it uncomfortable to wear conventional paintball googles on top of my glasses. Since the intention of the googles is to protect the eyes/face from BB hits, would a full face shield something like what is being sold at One Shot Tactical be allowed as a substitute for paintball googles? And would paintball fields accept this alternative face protection?

Here is the link to the face shield example I was referring to:
http://www.oneshottactical.com/merch...ory_Code=EW-GA

Thank you!
Nope....

Ask not what your country can do for you; ask what you can do for your country ~John F. Kennedy
yanhchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2006, 21:26   #3
seekah

Send a message via MSN to seekah
paintball fields have their insurance policies, and the company will not cover an injury to the eye if its not "paintball approved"
Now yes, there are some eye wear that protects bullets, hell maybe something that protects a nuclear warhead, it all really amounts to dirt because unless it also states "paintball approved" its no good.
Yeah, its anoying, and if you were at a location that was only airsoft, then the club may allow ballistics aswell, but aslong as its a paintball location, your pretty much screwed.
and no, I dont have firefox 2, so dont get after me for spelling errors
Old October 30th, 2006, 21:35   #4
diamond_SEA

Send a message via MSN to diamond_SEA
Just shop around, go to a few different places and try alot on.. It took me forever to find a good pair of goggles for me, I actually found them in fargo, North Dakota. They fit kinda snug as my glasses are far from my face, and are quite wide, but they work good as i got really deep goggles now. They were a full facemask but i found out the mask part was removable, so i just use the goggles now.
this of course does not apply if you decide on wearing your aviators.... or if you got those huge grandpa sized bifocals...
diamond_SEA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2006, 21:54   #5
swatt13
Captain Awesome

although you may not be able to use em at pb fields, bolles i find are THE BEST for fitting over glasses. they even have a notch at the sides where the arms fit in. get em if you play at sanctioned AS games where its not going to be a problem if you wear pb approved goggles or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TokyoSeven
a Systema PTW is like KD, where the noodles are plated in gold and the cheese sauce is actually a pool of hot naked women.
swatt13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2006, 22:09   #6
Darklen
Administrator

Another option is to get an Rx adapter that fits inside the goggles. I had to go that route myself as I can not wear contacts. I use ESS Landops goggles and tried the Rx adapter in a set of JT's I keep for loaners and they fit not too bad. Bolle also make an Rx adapter for the X800t's, but they can be hard to find.
Old October 30th, 2006, 22:23   #7
deltaop1

Thank You All

Hi Folks ...

Many thanks to the Airsofters for replying to my question, many great comments and suggestions.

Old October 30th, 2006, 22:44   #8
Laike

Me personally found fogging was my biggest problem with glasses. My solution was to buy one use contacts. They come 30 a box, so 15 wears for about 25 dollars at walmart I believe. My eyes requred 2 different lenses so I think my total cost war nearly 55 dollars. If it's possible, I say thats the best and cheapest way to go. Now I can play fog free, and any uncomfort with the stupid things jamming up the lenses. The only real hurdle was learning to get the contacts in and out. If it's an option, I HEAVILY suggest it.
Laike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2006, 23:10   #9
666cowboy

I too hate the full face goggle. Try this and see if it helps. Onthe inside of the goggles on the two sides there should be foam and rubber. Put on your glasses and have some on e marker where your ear paices go. Get some side cutters and cut about a 1/4 slit right there. The strap will still block evereything from the side and it lets my paintball mask sit on my face and does not smash my glasses anymore.
Old October 31st, 2006, 22:03   #10
deltaop1

Hi All ...

Thanks to all the Airsofters for even more replies, much appreciated. I have been doing some more research on the net and it seems that the Quebec based company that makes V-Force products seem to have some masks that are advertised to work well with most glasses. Has anyone had an experience with the V-Force Shield or Profiler masks and wearing them on top of glasses? And if so is their some place in Toronto where you can buy V-Force masks?

Here's a link to the V-Force website that describes the V-Force Shield Mask:
http://www.vforcepaintball.com/Masks/Shield_e.asp

Last edited by deltaop1; October 31st, 2006 at 22:08..
Old October 31st, 2006, 22:15   #11
Greylocks

Since I wear glasses, all it took was to go to a paintball shop and try a few goggles. Now my brain decided to forget the ones I use... I also have small framed glasses (they fit in most any goggle anyway).

All I had to do was said already; trim a bit where the sides of my glasses go through the foam. So far so good. No major problems except for some fogging, and there are solutions for that.
Greylocks is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Gear Discussion