Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Gear Discussion
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

SOG Trident knife

:

Gear Discussion

Old October 27th, 2006, 18:55   #1
wingman

Send a message via AIM to wingman Send a message via MSN to wingman Send a message via Yahoo to wingman
SOG Trident knife

Hi guys, was just browsing the good 'ol interweb for a new folder, and fell in love with this: http://www.rockynational.com/1502_TF..._1_2_Serr.html
SOG Trident Folder Tigerstripe - 1/2 Serr. - #TF-3 : SOG Knives

Quote:
Our mission was to create an updated SOG folding knife based on historical proven design but launched from a platform of new technology. Somehow, when you see it, you immediately know it is a SOG. When you use it, you definitely know it is a SOG. At a casual glance it has elements of our original SOG Bowie, Tomcat, SEAL Pup, Flash, etc. Upon a closer look, it has features never before put into a knife.

The SOG Trident uses our well-proven means of delivering a knife blade to the open position with S.A.T. Now using our patent pending Arc-Actuator™, the Trident locks stronger and releases easier. There is also a built-in safety to lock the blade closed. When it shows red, you are ready to go. More information on SOG Assisted Technology (S.A.T.™).

What also makes the Trident so unique is the patent pending Groove™ in the handle, which allows the operator to cut paracord, fishing line, etcetera without having to open the blade. See the story of how Robert Hanna invented the new patent-pending Groove™.
Know if I could bring one into the county? (buy)

Waiting responsibly since early 2005.

Of course I've got all my ducks in a line, it's easier to shoot 'em that way! - me
wingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2006, 19:00   #2
LUTNIT

As long as its a folding knife and not spring loaded or anything it should be fine with customs. At least from what I know.
LUTNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2006, 19:32   #3
Laike

iirc, foldign knives are sorta werd. It really depends on the custom officer's mood that day. There have been report that custom officers will practically dislocate their shoulders in attempt to prove that the knife opens via centrifigual (mind my spelling) force. Safest bet is to order locally and suck up the extra cost, or get your retailer to DISASSMBLE the knife and send it to you as "parts". The other suggestion is to get the retailer to tighten the screws to the point it's hard to open with two hands.

There are some guys at the bladeforums or the knife forums or something like that that have much better experience with this sort of deal with importing folders than me. From what I recall the rule of thumb is multi tools/swiss army's, fixed blades, then folders. Thats the way from easiest to get across the border to hardest.
Laike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2006, 19:37   #4
wingman

Send a message via AIM to wingman Send a message via MSN to wingman Send a message via Yahoo to wingman
Thanks guys, this helps a lot.

Now, I just got to find a retailer in Canada . . .

Of course I've got all my ducks in a line, it's easier to shoot 'em that way! - me
Old October 27th, 2006, 19:49   #5
Greylocks

www.knifezone.ca

Like any retailer, if they dont have it, email them. However, I bet they require you to be 18.

About $125 cdn.

Last edited by Greylocks; October 27th, 2006 at 19:51..
Greylocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2006, 19:53   #6
dman

Dave's Surplus carries the Trident, and I'm quite sure they can get the tiger-striped pattern if that's what you liked.

www.davesarmysurplus.com

See here:
http://www.davesarmysurplus.com/prod...roducts_id=442
Old October 27th, 2006, 20:43   #7
Laike

When you get it, tell me how you like it. I've been thinking about buying one myself.
Laike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2006, 08:38   #8
Greylocks

Your biggest problem will be your age.
Old October 28th, 2006, 12:18   #9
seekah

Send a message via MSN to seekah
I have one, its great for airsoft players, or campers alike, I personaly prefer other knives, but so far I cant find any others with the capability of cutting paracord while closed.
My Kershaw (spelt wrong im sure) is my favorite blade
Old October 28th, 2006, 16:33   #10
wingman

Yeah, I know my age is a factor, but my parents say that if I can be trusted with the .30-30 or .308 I can be trusted with a knife. They would probably be ordering it for me, as I dont have plastic or a card. My last folder died, and this looks like my choice of replacement. Eithere that or I may drop the extra and get the Seal Pup Elite for a new hunting knife. I've tried Kershaw, and I tike their sharpeners, but I'm more into Buck, Gerber, and SOG for the knives themselves. IF I have to be 18, then I will wait, and find a different replacement at MEC or Wholesale Sports or something.

Thanks guys, you've all be a huge help.

Old October 28th, 2006, 23:37   #11
BlackTiger

Send a message via AIM to BlackTiger Send a message via MSN to BlackTiger Send a message via Yahoo to BlackTiger
That knife should pass customs no problem. I work at a Police/EMS/Fire retailer and we sell several "spring assisted" knives. There completly legal and our store actually has a letter from customs explaining why there legal. You will have to be 18 though, so if your parents are ok with you getting it, then I'd go through them.

Edit: Above applies only if your ordering from outside Canada. I would recomend the Kershaw Tactical Blur, if you where looking into other knives.

Last edited by BlackTiger; October 29th, 2006 at 12:23..
BlackTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2006, 08:44   #12
Greylocks

It does not need to pass customs when you can buy it in Canada with all the taxes, headaches and exchange rates included.

Of the choices you mentioned, I would take the SOG. Otherwise I would look at the Cold Steel line, and even the Spyderco. Spyderco are ugly looking, but excellent knives.
Old October 29th, 2006, 14:50   #13
wingman

Yeah, I looked at Kershaw, Spiderco, and basicly every other maker under the sun, and somehow settled on SOG. So yeah, thanks for all the help & info, really appreciated it, I'll eitherbuy from KnifeZone or Dave's. I plan to review the knife when it arrives.

Old November 1st, 2006, 20:43   #14
wingman

Okay guys, I did some researching, and the Trident IS legal to import. There is a letter from Canada Customs that says so. I had it bookmarked, and would link to it, but I installed Firefox 2 and now I don't have any bookmarks.

Old November 1st, 2006, 21:06   #15
R.A.T.M._JLD

Are you sure cuz I got one for X-mas last year cuz I don't think I should keep it on my tool belt.

Last edited by R.A.T.M._JLD; November 2nd, 2006 at 01:10..
R.A.T.M._JLD is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Gear Discussion