Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

east coast airsoft

:

General

Old February 22nd, 2011, 23:49   #1
Dviper

east coast airsoft

I was wondering if anyone ordered from east coast airsoft, they claim that they can ship to Canada without any issues
Dviper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2011, 23:52   #2
surebet
Vicious MSPaint Wizard

Stay away

Stop American Censorship
surebet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2011, 23:53   #3
TokyoSeven
Red Wine & Adderall

Claims are one thing. As is to my understanding a company will tell you anything to get your money. Unless they can provide you with a 100% money back seizure guarantee I would walk away.

Imagine if a south american drug lord claimed he could mail you some cocaine through the mail and that it would pass customs without issue but he wanted your money first. Would you be inclined to believe him?

"Its only a little bit on fire"
TokyoSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2011, 23:54   #4
HKGhost

Please read through this before doing anything with those guys. Linky

Custom Build | Upgrades | Repairs | Maintenance
HKGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2011, 00:10   #5
Shatter

Send a message via MSN to Shatter
Hmmm.. They seem to have changed their policy from when I last checked (a year ago)
Quote:
EastCoastAirsoft prides itself on being one of the few retailers that ships to Canada. We very rarely have problems with Canadian shipping, but there is always a minute chance that your order will be seized and not returned. EastCoastAirsoft does not take responsibility for any lost, stolen, damaged, or seized packages. If you have any questions regarding this policy, please call us at 410-838-6856.
Still no 100% refund...
Shatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2011, 00:29   #6
Disco_Dante

"EastCoastAirsoft does not take responsibility for any lost, stolen, damaged, or seized packages"

No shit...

Not for glory, nor riches, nor honours, but for freedom alone, which no good man gives up except with his life.
Disco_Dante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2011, 03:34   #7
L473ncy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dviper View Post
I was wondering if anyone ordered from east coast airsoft, they claim that they can ship to Canada without any issues
It's a gamble and they may say they'll ship to Canada but it still doesn't mean it won't be seized. Technically they've held up to their end of the bargain IRT them retailing items, selling it to you, and shipping. Once it leaves their hands and is in the hands of the post office/Customs for all intents and purposes they've completed the transaction.

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if packages originating from them are flagged for more scrutiny. AFAIK It's the case with pretty much every well known retailer cause idiots order guns and shit from them and CBSA seizes them.
Old February 23rd, 2011, 07:53   #8
Adamlxlx

Rudest bunch of idiots ever, don't order from them. Such rude assholes and I just asked some simple questions.
Adamlxlx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2011, 08:23   #9
AngelusNex
formerly Sepulcrum

Send a message via MSN to AngelusNex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dviper View Post
Of course, all they have to do is package it and mail it, not hard to ship to Canada. Whether or not it gets in is another story.
AngelusNex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2011, 09:02   #10
Dviper

thanks for the input,
Dviper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2011, 09:31   #11
Juke16

I know a guy at my school who ordered several guns from them (not that I'm condoning it), and he says that the guy ships through false names and labels the packages under things like "a miniature train", "RC Helicopter", and other harmless stuff. If you get caught you're going to get arrested for smuggling a prohibited item.
Juke16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2011, 12:20   #12
SniperSam

Send a message via AIM to SniperSam Send a message via MSN to SniperSam Send a message via Skype™ to SniperSam
LOL, loved that thread, good read.

And you would get in more trouble since the packages aren't marked as to what the package itself has within it. You'd get slammed with a hefty fine, the package seized, and most certainly blacklisted.

This is coming from personal experience of personally importing and exporting finish carpentry materials. I.e. 12000$ doors, cabinets, arch ways, paneling, moulding, and other over priced hardware for the rich and the famous. I mislabeled the quantity of of door hinges and door knobs by accident once. There were 14 in all, but I put 13 accidentally; 10% of the product value in fines (180$).

Unless you're a well established business in airsoft, don't even try importing please

Whoa guy with the thumb rings, save some pussy for the rest of us

Welcome to Bed Bath and Beyoncé, if you find anything you like, put a ring on it.

What idiot called them Black Bears instead of African Abearicans
SniperSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2011, 12:58   #13
FACE
a.k.a. Phoneguy

We are talking about importing airsoft guns into Canada ..... not carpentry materials. Let me see, one is illegal, the other is not.

As to what is clearly marked on the package, that gets done on a daily if not hourly basis by allot of people, not necessarily airsoft related.

You CAN go to jail for it, as opposed to bringing in door hardware. In case you haven't read the LINK that HKGHOST provided here it is again and I'll even bring you to the page with the actually court case.

B.C. court case

Cheers,
FACE
Quote:
Originally Posted by TokyoSeven View Post
Long story short:
If your gun is in Canada, leave it in Canada.
If your gun is not in Canada, leave it outside of Canada.
FACE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2011, 13:04   #14
Danke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamlxlx View Post
Rudest bunch of idiots ever, don't order from them. Such rude assholes and I just asked some simple questions.
Ruder than us? This I've got to see; email away!
Old February 23rd, 2011, 13:06   #15
BloodSport
Traveling Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by FACE View Post
We are talking about importing airsoft guns into Canada ..... not carpentry materials. Let me see, one is illegal, the other is not.
Believe it or not there are some materials US companies use in production of cabinets and such that are not allowed to be imported. I use to build retail stores across Canada and some of the suppliers were US based and a few shipments were sent back and had to be rebuilt as per customs.

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General