Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Magpul PMAG

:

Accessories Discussion

Old September 1st, 2009, 18:12   #31
chronic

Quote:
Originally Posted by KND View Post
More than that, enjoy the quality of PMAG that you can get half of the price of real deal plus the ranger plate for Green Label is damn cheap. I suggest you to get the black version since that's the only one would be the correct color. CB or Green is somehow not really like 120 rds PMAG.

That is what the original question to this thread was.. why the heck is the "dark earth" pmag and "dark earth" green label pmag different colours?
Old September 21st, 2009, 12:21   #32
chronic

So here is what I found out. Apparently there are 3 types of PMags available

* polymer based PMags available in 120 Rd midcaps
* china based hicap clones; these are the only hicaps I have seen available. The color is quite different from Magpul colours
* there are star (also called green label) pmags available in 75, 30 and 20 rounds. These are plastic, apparently Magpul licensed products.They are a bit glossier then polymer PMags, but the colours are almost identical to the polymer based.

The star Pmags fit perfectly in my G&G M4A1. Pressing the magazine release button lets the magazine fall out without user intervention. The mags do have a minor feeding issue. Very simple to resolve, just sand away about a millimeter of the BB catch and you are good to go. The magazines on the right is stock, and the magazine on the left is after my alterations. Do not use any tool such as a dremel (unless you are a dremel kung fu master) or cutting tool. Its a *very* little bit that needs to be shaved off. I used a nail file.

Apologies if anything above is incorrect.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0427.jpg (111.6 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0006.JPG (1.88 MB, 48 views)
Old September 21st, 2009, 14:39   #33
AngelusNex
formerly Sepulcrum

Send a message via MSN to AngelusNex
Quote:
Originally Posted by chronic View Post
So here is what I found out. Apparently there are 3 types of PMags available

* polymer based PMags available in 120 Rd midcaps
* china based hicap clones; these are the only hicaps I have seen available. The color is quite different from Magpul colours
* there are star (also called green label) pmags available in 75, 30 and 20 rounds. These are plastic, apparently Magpul licensed products.They are a bit glossier then polymer PMags, but the colours are almost identical to the polymer based.

The star Pmags fit perfectly in my G&G M4A1. Pressing the magazine release button lets the magazine fall out without user intervention. The mags do have a minor feeding issue. Very simple to resolve, just sand away about a millimeter of the BB catch and you are good to go. The magazines on the right is stock, and the magazine on the left is after my alterations. Do not use any tool such as a dremel (unless you are a dremel kung fu master) or cutting tool. Its a *very* little bit that needs to be shaved off. I used a nail file.

Apologies if anything above is incorrect.
I just put some foam tape with a smooth tape covering in my mag well at the back end to push the mags forward, as the issue disappears if you hold by the mag and push it forward while shooting.
it's an alternate solution for those who wish not to permanently alter anything.
AngelusNex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2010, 19:39   #34
Rugger_can

I know this is a bit of a necro, but has anyone seen long term failures using the Greenline Star/Magpul PTS 75 mids? Or are they performing well.
Rugger_can is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2010, 19:42   #35
chronic

I bought a pack of 10; opened 5 and one failed after 5 reloads..
Old March 30th, 2010, 19:48   #36
Rugger_can

Hard to beat the price, but seriously. Star are decent and MAGPUL PTS are decent, you would think they could make a good low cost product.

Screw it 60 US for 10 mags, its worth a try.
Old March 30th, 2010, 19:53   #37
chronic

I have 5 SEALED unopened Dark Earth Star PMAGs; if you are interested and are in or around Toronto area we can deal..
Old March 30th, 2010, 19:58   #38
Rugger_can

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronic View Post
I have 5 SEALED unopened Dark Earth Star PMAGs; if you are interested and are in or around Toronto area we can deal..
Sorry, no dice Im in Ottawa. But Im heading up to TO in a few months to try and catch a game. I'll shoot you a PM before I head up.
Old March 30th, 2010, 19:59   #39
Daiviet
Captain Sunshine

I had 3-4 of the STAR ones fail on me last game. The glue that holds the end cap came undone, and the end cap just came off. It's fixable, but I lost 2 of the end caps, and the spring baseplates as well, so only 2 were fixed.
Daiviet is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Accessories Discussion