Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

TM 5.1 trigger screw

:

Accessories Discussion

Old April 5th, 2010, 13:03   #1
turok_t

TM 5.1 trigger screw

Hey guys,

I got a trigger from my TM 5.1 which looks like the link at the bottom. At the back of the trigger, there is a very small screw that can be taken out by an allen key. What is that screw for?

The screw is black and you can see it barely sticking out at the bottom
http://ic2.pbase.com/o6/19/177719/1/...gcc.AR1466.jpg
turok_t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2010, 13:13   #2
jamuke

if I'm not mistaken it's an adjustable trigger screw

it allows you to set the break point of your trigger draw
IE once your trigger pull engages and drops the hammer you can make your trigger stop needlessly pulling back a few mm, so you can get back to pulling the trigger so much faster
that allen screw stops against the mag catch

you'll need to fiddle a bit with it to set it, if you can't access it from the front of the trigger it will be a pain
Old April 5th, 2010, 13:17   #3
Doombringer

Not to thread jack or anything but anyone knows where to get the rear-sight screw? I bought mine used and the rear-sight screw was missing.
Doombringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2010, 13:32   #4
juicy

Turok: That's an adjustable trigger stop that you've got there. Turning it left or right will adjust the point at which the trigger gets "stopped" against your mag catch. The idea behind having this is so that you eliminate over travel, or the extra trigger movement after the sear has already broken (and thus the hammer has dropped). The trigger stop will not adjust the point at which your sear & hammer "break" and the gun fires. Adjustable trigger stops are looked favorably upon by tweakers (correct me if I'm wrong), as swapping hammers/sears/leaf springs/etc will get you different results with trigger pulls. Personally, I fiddled with my leaf spring for 3 hours last night to get my trigger pull almost to my liking - 2 hours of that time was probably spent fiddling with the trigger stop.

Doombringer: Rear sight assemblies and parts are a bitch to find, not gonna lie. I would have sent you an extra if I had one. PM ILLusion, chances are that he has one kicking around somewhere (or go to a hardware store and look for awhile)?
juicy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2010, 14:39   #5
turok_t

Quote:
Originally Posted by juicy View Post
Turok: That's an adjustable trigger stop that you've got there. Turning it left or right will adjust the point at which the trigger gets "stopped" against your mag catch. The idea behind having this is so that you eliminate over travel, or the extra trigger movement after the sear has already broken (and thus the hammer has dropped). The trigger stop will not adjust the point at which your sear & hammer "break" and the gun fires. Adjustable trigger stops are looked favorably upon by tweakers (correct me if I'm wrong), as swapping hammers/sears/leaf springs/etc will get you different results with trigger pulls. Personally, I fiddled with my leaf spring for 3 hours last night to get my trigger pull almost to my liking - 2 hours of that time was probably spent fiddling with the trigger stop.

Doombringer: Rear sight assemblies and parts are a bitch to find, not gonna lie. I would have sent you an extra if I had one. PM ILLusion, chances are that he has one kicking around somewhere (or go to a hardware store and look for awhile)?
Ahh!! thanks for your help Juicy You have been much helpful.. ILLusion would be proud of u
turok_t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2010, 16:34   #6
Doombringer

Ok, I'll ask Illusion when he comes back.
Doombringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2010, 18:28   #7
juicy

Quote:
Originally Posted by turok_t View Post
Ahh!! thanks for your help Juicy You have been much helpful.. ILLusion would be proud of u
juicy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2010, 18:06   #8
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by turok_t View Post
Hey guys,

I got a trigger from my TM 5.1 which looks like the link at the bottom. At the back of the trigger, there is a very small screw that can be taken out by an allen key. What is that screw for?

The screw is black and you can see it barely sticking out at the bottom
http://ic2.pbase.com/o6/19/177719/1/...gcc.AR1466.jpg
It's to take up the backslop of your trigger pull.
Adjustable stirrups take up the forward slop (or "initial take up") of the pull.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doombringer View Post
Ok, I'll ask Illusion when he comes back.
Sorry, I don't have the individual screw for sale. Only complete units.
ILLusion is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Accessories Discussion