Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Themed Airsoft > Canadian
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Canadian Sidearm

:

Canadian

Old July 22nd, 2010, 20:12   #106
Danke

I'm still waiting too, I have a no-railer in the pipe and I'd hate to think all I can do with it is dress up like a SEAL (I have a rail one also but it's a bit crude).

Those are airsoft versions I have too by the way, not real ones I'll be toting about.
Old July 22nd, 2010, 21:53   #107
Roguer

i think thats what he's referin to.
Old July 22nd, 2010, 23:20   #108
Drache
BALLET, TYPE: SELF LOATHING, ANALBURST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danke View Post
Rails or no rails?
From what I seen on a documentary, no rail.
Drache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2010, 23:29   #109
Drache
BALLET, TYPE: SELF LOATHING, ANALBURST

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Skeletor- View Post
http://www.csor-rosc.forces.gc.ca/im...-roscri-10.jpg
http://www.jtf2-foi2.forces.gc.ca/im...-09-en-med.jpg

Looks like CANSOFCOM has rails.

In the convential Army, I haven't seen anyone with rails. Got a buddy who does Close Protection, have a look through his pics and see what he has.
Well that is good to see!
Drache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2010, 08:52   #110
Tom Swift

Quote:
Your friend of a friend is a idiot. It is made quite clear in the CF that you can not use your own personal firearms for work..

Also, I'm also interested in hearing an answer to Danke's question... I hope you don't mean he tried to take it over to Afghanistan.
From what I understood he didn't try but actually did take it over to Afghanistan. I've also heard several cases where guys took personal uppers over some got away with it others were told to go back to issued upper.

He probably would have gotten away with it if it weren't a BHP in .40 S&W as opposed to the issue 9MM. He's also an Officer.

Last edited by Tom Swift; July 23rd, 2010 at 08:57..
Tom Swift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2010, 09:01   #111
pugs144

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Swift View Post
From what I understood he didn't try but actually did take it over to Afghanistan. I've also heard several cases where guys took personal uppers over some got away with it others were told to go back to issued upper.

He probably would have gotten away with it if it weren't a BHP in .40 S&W as opposed to the issue 9MM. He's also an Officer.
Sounds like a classmate I did the Sig O course with. He was from Toronto. Is his name Jemmy? Kept insisting he'd be allowed to bring his personal weapons including his Remy 700 overseas...has a lotta guns but no sense...fucking FOB ninja...At any rate, I hope he got his peepee smacked. Hard.

Last edited by pugs144; July 23rd, 2010 at 09:05..
pugs144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2010, 09:09   #112
Tom Swift

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugs144 View Post
Sounds like a classmate I did the Sig O course with. He was from Toronto. Is his name Jemmy? Kept insisting he'd be allowed to bring his personal weapons including his Remy 700 overseas...has a lotta guns but no sense...fucking FOB ninja...At any rate, I hope he got his peepee smacked. Hard.
Naww not the guy, all I know is he's over there now on tour. I know his brother but have only heard stories about this friend of a friend.
Old July 23rd, 2010, 09:33   #113
lordnordeth

Regarding the rails on the CF issue P226, Standard issue version does NOT have them, version issued to Boarding Parties MAY have them (but not always, depends on the region they're in, and availability) and the boys from JTF get to decide whether they want them or not. (I just called my brother who's a weapons tech on the base he works at, and actually happened to be IN the weapons vault when I called him, so he just went over and checked who was entitled to sign out what versions)
lordnordeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2010, 12:28   #114
Curo
Cobalt Caliber

Is there any chance that Canadian Forces Personnel can use a H&K USP as a sidearm? i mean like they bought it at a gun store or something, and where allowed to use it in the field?
Curo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2010, 12:42   #115
pugs144

That question has already been answered. No. Even if they were, where are they supposed to get spare parts and maintenance support since it's not in the supply system?
pugs144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2010, 12:44   #116
Danke

Read the posts below and then guess what happens you pull either a USP you just bough or your grand daddy's hogleg out of your kitbag. Pistol goes away, and you're lucky if you don't do the hat-less dance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobalt Caliber View Post
Is there any chance that Canadian Forces Personnel can use a H&K USP as a sidearm? i mean like they bought it at a gun store or something, and where allowed to use it in the field?

Quote:
I call BS on people being allowed to use their own upper receivers.

You can NOT use your own personal weapons, this includes upper receivers. Only thing allowed would be weapon accesories like your own RAS, vert grip, buttstock, etc.

I still think he's an idiot, and as an Officer he set a very bad example for his subordinates. Sneaking your own weapons overseas or for anything is f*cked. As an officer he would have been entitled to a BHP anyways, but I'm guessing due to his job and lack of stock he didn't get one. Guess he figured having to carry his rifle everywhere on KAF or where ever would be to rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by pugs144 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Swift View Post
Friend of a friend took his own high power over and got it confiscated.
Quote:
Your friend of a friend is a idiot. It is made quite clear in the CF that you can not use your own personal firearms for work..

Also, I'm also interested in hearing an answer to Danke's question... I hope you don't mean he tried to take it over to Afghanistan.
Old July 23rd, 2010, 16:32   #117
Tom Swift

Quote:
I call BS on people being allowed to use their own upper receivers.

You can NOT use your own personal weapons, this includes upper receivers. Only thing allowed would be weapon accesories like your own RAS, vert grip, buttstock, etc.

I still think he's an idiot, and as an Officer he set a very bad example for his subordinates. Sneaking your own weapons overseas or for anything is f*cked. As an officer he would have been entitled to a BHP anyways, but I'm guessing due to his job and lack of stock he didn't get one. Guess he figured having to carry his rifle everywhere on KAF or where ever would be to rough
No one ever said it's allowed its the same thing with all non issued kit over there i.e. Given the OK, Not OK, Not Noticed

It's like those suspension systems for the helmets Not OK'd but they generally go un noticed or the blind eye is turned.

People have and do use their own uppers. Read the first post here to get a better idea about such. Obviously a 10" CQB Upper when issued a C7A2 is gonna get you noticed and in trouble pretty fast.

It's the same thing with guys wearing Oakley's, Unbloused Pants, MICH 2000's, etc.

I figure if his BHP was in 9MM it probably would have gone un-noticed from what I understood he was issued one.
Old July 23rd, 2010, 18:02   #118
Bowers

Send a message via MSN to Bowers
Quote:
If he was issued a BHP, why did he feel the need to bring over his own personal one? Regardless if something goes un notiched like using your own BHP, that doesn't make it OK.
it might have been the fact his was chambered in .40 instead of 9mm i guess in his eyes that made it "better"

Last edited by Bowers; July 23rd, 2010 at 18:08..
Bowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2016, 19:51   #119
danteh
AV Suspended pending sales dispute

Does anyone what model is usually used with regards to JTF2 and/or CSOR? I was told they used the P226 Combat or the MK25 which I really didn't believe. Or is it just a standard model with maybe a rail on it?
danteh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2016, 20:49   #120
Z-Bad

CSOR P226's are the railed variety.
Z-Bad is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Themed Airsoft > Canadian