Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

TM Gen 4 Glocks and their insatiable appetite for chewing up slides

:

Doctor's Corner

Old August 17th, 2020, 20:02   #1
Ratters

TM Gen 4 Glocks and their insatiable appetite for chewing up slides

I'm putting this out into the community to find out if I've been the only one out here experiencing this sad but true experience.

I bought the new TM Glock 17 Gen 4 and I must say, a beautiful pistol. I bought spare mags, treated it like any owner of a newly cherished pistol would and then the long record scratch, a moment of confused silence, the swiggity swooty bulging eyes and the low gutteral "noooo, wtf just happened"

The slide catch had a tendency to push outwards during firing and tear at the thin plastic area of the slide on the other side of the internal metal stop.

I though ok, this isn't good, my first Glock by the way. I love them in all shapes, sizes and models.

So I returned it, grabbed another brand new one.

I was nervous, scared to use it but I had to.

No bb's through it, backstrap was the only thing changed.

On the fifth trigger pull, dry firing, yup, did it again.

So I'm putting this out there to find out what other owners have experienced with the new Gen 4 Glocks and what, if anything has been done to solve this upsetting experience.
Old August 17th, 2020, 21:36   #2
Freeze

I have a stock TM G19, well almost stock, now with an enhanced recoil spring in fact, so my problem would be worse than yours.

TM G19 uses the same 15mm Cylinder system as the HK45 / USP9 / P226E2 / Gen 4 G17 according to what I've read/used. (Own/owned all but the Gen 4 so far)

I have in fact noticed that the metal slide catch does eat at the plastic slide / the metal piece inside, however, I have not deemed this to be a major issue. It still functions as normal and even if the slide catch stops working, at the end of the day it'll spit out all the bbs in the mag and I'll just be dry firing for a couple shots before I realize it. (Had this happen to my old Gen 3 TM Glocks too lol)

TL;DR: I have the same problem, I just don't do anything about it because at the end of the day I don't deem it to be a major problem.

TM G17 Loki Tactical Pink - TM G19 TTI Combat Master
Freeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2020, 19:00   #3
Ratters

TM Glock issues

Ok, thank-you for sharing. I appreciate what you have offered about yours.

I am hoping that these big to some, not so drastic to others issues can continue to be shared.

It may help with future model R&D and educate others who are new to the sport / hobby so they can have a satisfying experience and continue to enjoy our passion for the game.

Thank-you Freeze

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner