Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Canadian Battle Dress Uniform and other bits

:

WW1, WW2

Old April 10th, 2014, 00:12   #1
Sergeantmajor

Canadian Battle Dress Uniform and other bits

Hey guys,
Are there any good places where I can find Canadian surplus battle dress uniforms, pattern of 1939-45. Also looking for bits to complete my pattern 37 webbing. I already have the belt, two pouches and bayonet/frog. The parts that I have are the ones with black metal hardware and I'd preferably like to keep all the hardware that same colour.

Suspenders would be a great start...

So far this is what I have so far.

Last edited by Sergeantmajor; April 10th, 2014 at 00:27..
Sergeantmajor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2014, 00:35   #2

I'd post your questions on http://www.ontarioairsoftwwiireenactors.com/ Bunch of members from that forum do Canadian impressions.
666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2014, 11:03   #3
Karsten Heidt

If you're in/near Toronto, Nick's Sports has a huge array of original, war-dated P37 web gear. Canadian battledress of the wartime type is difficult to find these days, mostly you'll get the P49 postwar ones with the different collar, not appropriate for ww2. Some of the China vendors repro it, if you want to go that route.

Regarding black anodized fittings on web gear: that pretty much instantly marks it as postwar, mate. You need the brass stuff. Fortunately it's cheap still and easy to replace. What regiment and theatre do you intend to depict?

Join Us
Karsten Heidt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2014, 13:18   #4
Sergeantmajor

I'd rather just keep going with the anodized hardware but if its cheaper to buy a complete set of wartime produced gear then I might just go that way.

If Nick's Sports has complete kits for a reasonable price I might try to source one from him.

Not sure which theatre...Europe, but not Italy and I'll probably be keeping my uniform sterile of any unit or regiment insignia's and patches.
Sergeantmajor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2014, 13:20   #5
Karsten Heidt

OK. I was thinking you wanted to reenact something specific. If your objective is to just get a grab-bag of kit together, yeah, shouldn't be hard. If you want to upgrade at any time my colleagues and I can help you with any questions you may have.

Join Us
Old April 10th, 2014, 18:20   #6
Smartass
formerly Dogsbody

I got some great stuff at the Toronto Military Show. Here's a link.

http://www.torontomilitaryshow.com/

The next one is June 28. I picked up an entrenching tool in a p37 cover, MkVIII RAF goggles, an SMLE sling and a sten sling, all war dated, broad arrow marked. I came close to buying a leather jerkin that actually fit me.
Other than that, haunt antique stores and flee markets. I prefer Z L & T pattern 37.
Smartass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2014, 00:21   #7
Yeoman

Send a message via MSN to Yeoman
abc surplus in kitchener ontario at one point in the past, had war dated p37 items. i even got a canteen with the cork stopper in it still. but that was like ten years ago, so who knows about now.
Yeoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2014, 11:06   #8
Mictain

Sorry I don't mean to hijack, I was just wondering; Does anyone know around how much a full set of p37 web gear from Nick's costs? Also wondering if anybody knows if they do mail-order?
Mictain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2014, 11:18   #9
Karsten Heidt

I got a belt, braces, 2 basic pouches, sleeve and skeleton water bottle carriers, water bottle, small pack and straps for about $120 all in. All wartime dated, with brass hardware. No clue if they mail order, they're kinda a low-rent mom n' pop type place without even a website, that I know of. The people in the front will try to sell you all sorts of crap but the guy with the moustache who works in the back knows his stuff, will help you if you seem knowledgeable about what you're after.

Join Us
Old April 15th, 2014, 11:38   #10
Mictain

Cool thank you! They do have a basic website it would seem, but nothing for sale online and nothing about mail-order. Maybe I'll give them a call. Thanks again.
Mictain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2014, 11:40   #11
Karsten Heidt

Ask to speak to Tom. The others who work there know nothing and will try to sell you all kinds of dodgy crap.

Join Us
Old April 15th, 2014, 21:51   #12
Smartass
formerly Dogsbody

This is a very informative site.

http://www.karkeeweb.com/1937main.html

One of my favorite pieces is a magazine pouch for the 1911. Wartime dated, made in England for the U.S. Very handy since I carry a TM 1911A1. I have a compass pouch. I just need the compass.

I'm going to have to visit Nick's as well. I'd never heard of it.
Old May 8th, 2014, 13:03   #13
Pockets

You can probably get away with using 1950’s pattern battle dress. I wear 1950’s battle dress with ww2 badges and no one that I talk to can tell. Most think its all authentic ww2 with some people thinking its ww1. Most of my webbing is post war, but I don’t think it really matters that much… it’s a uniform/gear to use out in the field, not for a museum display.
How I wear my webbing is not at all up to spec, because I have it set up to be what is comfortable to me. I put a cross strap on for my shoulder straps as they would seem to always fall off.
Pockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2014, 13:07   #14
Karsten Heidt

...1949 battledress is INSTANTLY visible with its different collar. If people you talk to can't tell, it's because they don't know what to look for. No offense mate, and I suppose everyone sets their own realism target but don't expect that to impress anyone at a serious reenactment. Nor will using a weapon that was never issued to Canadian troops, with pouches that have no chance of fitting its ammunition.Given the availability of spot-on reproductions and the sheer ubiquity of original war-dated P37 web, there's really no need for shortcuts and excuses anymore. YMMV.

Join Us

Last edited by Karsten Heidt; May 8th, 2014 at 13:13..
Old May 9th, 2014, 13:03   #15
Smartass
formerly Dogsbody

The shoulder straps cross in the back with one of the straps having a loop for the other to go through.
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Themed Airsoft > WW1, WW2