Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Long rifles in close quarters combat

:

Tactics, Techniques and Procedures

Old September 9th, 2011, 16:54   #16
sirtaco27

Quote:
Originally Posted by surebet View Post
You know what they say about guys with size 14 4D feet?

They hate shoe shopping.
Try 16 double wide. SCREW YOU SHOE STORES AND THE HORSE YOU CAME IN ON.

And coincidentally I'm your height and weight as well... I can one hand rifles and the C9 felt like a AEG to me. I just step back before moving into tight spaces. But being a friggin whale I try to stick outside anyways.

Perks:
Bloody BB
BB Magnet
Steady Aim
sirtaco27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2011, 18:02   #17
FOX_111
Le Roi des poissons d'avril

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirtaco27 View Post
Try 16 double wide. SCREW YOU SHOE STORES AND THE HORSE YOU CAME IN ON.

And coincidentally I'm your height and weight as well... I can one hand rifles and the C9 felt like a AEG to me. I just step back before moving into tight spaces. But being a friggin whale I try to stick outside anyways.
You CQB tactic is to push the wall on top of your ennemy...

Vérificateur d'âge: Terrebonne
FOX_111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2011, 18:22   #18
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

Send a message via MSN to CDN_Stalker
LOL!!!
CDN_Stalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2011, 21:03   #19
Aegiis
Sgt. Pitbull

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOX_111 View Post
My CQB tactic would be to use him as the wall

www.anvairsoft.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5kull View Post
Aegiis ?* raison
Aegiis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2011, 08:40   #20
Aedan798

Send a message via Skype™ to Aedan798
All gun are viable in CQB just not a the same degree, thats why you have teamate they go in first and you guard the hallway with your long rifle that way everytime you go clear something then you have your back covered

but personally thast why I run always 2 gun one P90 which is also a viable option on outdoor field and I now run a full size WE M16A3 GBBR which is a lot more powerfull (about 400 when i'll have my NAPS) than my P90 (380 FPS always) and I'll would suggest if you have a field with both CQB and long range play to have both a CQB gun (whatever you want) and your rifle or long range shoot

as I do with me I got my rifle in the back and my P90 in front hooked by sling need a long range ? drop the P90 and get the rifle at the back. going clear the house, put rifle in the back and get back on that P90

that is how I see it it just depend now on how you feel with it but if you don't want to get 2 gun then Pistol is now your best friend
Aedan798 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2011, 09:59   #21
AngelusNex
formerly Sepulcrum

Send a message via MSN to AngelusNex
You carry a pistol for a reason. if your rifle is ever to big for something draw your pistol.
AngelusNex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2011, 10:14   #22
Freeze

If you have something like a G36...just fold the stock? I mean, there are folding stocks for a reason.

TM G17 Loki Tactical Pink - TM G19 TTI Combat Master
Freeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2011, 12:46   #23
a_sock

I think some people are jumping into this just based off of the title without reading the original post. Yes, using a very long weapon in cqb is pretty stupid because its putting you at a big disadvantage. Yes, it is smarter to draw a secondary/sidearm/pistol, but I would like to know the best way of handling a situation I am forced into.

Ive been in situations where there is not time(because the threat is immediate) to switch to a sidearm, or your sidearm is rendered useless either through a malfunction or out of ammo.

Ive got a full length Tokyo marui m14 with optics, tri rails and all sorts of cool gadgets on it, and because of the size of the rifle I cant exactly use a single point sling, nor properly sling it up on me in a timely fashion. If someone sneaks up on me or rushes a flank I usually do whatever needs to be done with whats in my hands, but If I had time to plan it out I would pull my pistol(if time permits and the situation calls for it, might load a 50rd mag in)
a_sock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2011, 13:05   #24
Jimski

there isn't much you can do other than stand further from your cover.
I'd say lower the frond end and shift the butt end when you need to move, this way you're ready to aim down sights with the stock over the shoulder if need arises.
I use a two-point sling with the stock point right on the shoulder so that I can completely let go the weapon if needed.

very long weapons are not very airsoft friendly since there's no real gain from the length...
Old September 10th, 2011, 22:37   #25
Brayden
¡¡¡ɹǝʞɐǝɹq oqɯoɔ-ɔ-ɔ-ɔ

What I do with my AKM is I try to keep it shouldered but pointed at the ground and when there is contact I left it up and shoot at the same time so usually first shots are at the legs and second shots are at the chest.

When going into rooms or places try to not advance forward if you can more easily advance to the side preventing your gun from sticking out and giving you away, for example if a door opens to the right and in, you open the door aim straight in, step in and look left, SIDE STEP to the left clearing the right side rather than advancing forward more to clear the right side. That way the angle doesn't leave your gun exposed without a line of sight.

Essentially I pivot around angles by the tip of my gun rather than by my body.

I also stay standing in small places because its harder to turn with your gun when crouched or prone.

I use a more side standing stance to reduce my size and it works easily because of how far I can reach my arm out onto my gun.

I avoid close firefights from cover because I am at a disadvantage, try to stay hidden or make sure to have your gun up and not miss the first shot.

I am probably not qualified in anyway to give advice other than what has worked for me. So while it might not be the best way, its 1 way to keep your long gun maneuverable in CQB.

if anyone has better advice i'm interested as well.

Last edited by Brayden; September 10th, 2011 at 22:41..
Brayden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2011, 20:54   #26
sirtaco27

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOX_111 View Post
You know what? Some of the places I played at like 1 and a half inch plywood walls.

New tactic... PUSH ALL THE WALLS DOWN!

Perks:
Bloody BB
BB Magnet
Steady Aim
sirtaco27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2011, 21:11   #27
leth1337

Smack'm wid it!!
Old September 13th, 2011, 14:19   #28
Strelok

I think the better option would be to use an AEG that can function comfortably in both enviroments... Lol.

I'm just starting to fall in love with my KWA MP7 and it definitely held its guff up last game outdoors (Punched through bushes on .25g bb's without any effort whatsoever, and its still at a moderate velocity.
Strelok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2011, 16:26   #29
Sasha

Two words: Fix Bayonets!
Sasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2011, 10:13   #30
DoubleEdged

I've had my VSR-10 used at CQB before and have been engaged accordingly. We found that the low ready stance works pretty well, and you usually just aim feet and legs for the majority of the time.

The other way is to cradle the gun sort of, having the gun pointing up, take a step back, and let it fall into direction of your target. The only downer on this is that it's pretty easy to have your weapon knocked away or something (I play with body contact and CQC with my friends)

I find my rifle itself is setup more for closer engagements for the reason that I have Iron Sights on the weapon as a main over scopes.
DoubleEdged is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Tactics, Techniques and Procedures