Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Tactics, Techniques and Procedures
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Spetsnaz Rifle to Pistol Transition

:

Tactics, Techniques and Procedures

Old March 25th, 2014, 19:22   #16
ThunderCactus
Not Eye Safe, Pretty Boy Maximus on the field take his picture!

How about looking at it more practically?
The transition isn't quite as fast as the more commonly known magpul style draw
And it would take longer to bring your rifle back up to reload
BUT have you ever tried to run full tilt with a rifle hanging in front of your balls or on your hip? It fucking sucks.

Also keep in mind, most of these tactics are based on the AK and a 2pt sling. The most basic of cheap gear. They also train to use that sling in hand to hand combat, so they don't always have it around their neck.
Even the US forces of the era didn't have all this fancy shit like tacos and 3pt slings and serpa holsters.
So how about you compare that style of training and fighting, to cold war era US gear?
leather buckled pistol holsters, ALICE gear, 2pt slings, and mag pouches with flaps on them. Seems more practical to throw the rifle on your back now, doesn't it?

keep in mind deadliest warrior is a complete sham, works with very few variables, and is made in 'merica, which pretty well guarantees it's not going to be accurate
ThunderCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2014, 19:57   #17
FirestormX

Hehe
> Elite special forces
> Using gear that's comparable to cold war era US gear

If your gear and weaponry is holding you back from being combat effective for the longest possible period (ie less "down time" of trying to get a working weapon into the fight), then change your gear. If you have inferior tactics, and you blame your gear, then change the gear.

If your rifle isn't slung, then drop it on the ground (unless you'll need it). A weapon that won't fire, is dead weight. Hopefully you'll be able to retrieve the weapon when it's needed, of course.

And yes, running full tilt with a rifle hanging between your legs, attempting to sterilize you, does suck. But have you ever tried to shoot a pistol one handed while trying to hold a rifle in front of you? That sucks too.

Last edited by FirestormX; March 25th, 2014 at 20:52..
FirestormX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2014, 19:58   #18
Danke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azathoth View Post
ROFL.... am I the only person who got this jokeÉ
Afraid so.
Old March 25th, 2014, 20:17   #19
FirestormX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danke View Post
Afraid so.
I snickered at the joke.
FirestormX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2014, 20:26   #20
Emre1337

Maybe during the cold war, it was an effective technique that was used, however as the times changed, so did the weapons, gear and equipment. We now have 1 point, 2 point, 3 point tactical slings, MOLLE vests and open mag pouches which significantly decreases the time you spend swapping mags. Besides, even size of the rifles have decreased quite a bit and there are carbines firing 5.56 NATO rounds but still keep a compact size, you just let go of that sucker with a sling on and it sticks to your chest and then you grab your sidearm, aim and fire
Emre1337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2014, 20:40   #21
ThunderCactus
Not Eye Safe, Pretty Boy Maximus on the field take his picture!

^ exactly
except russia still thinks it's the cold war
ThunderCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2014, 22:20   #22
Emre1337

Lol
Old March 26th, 2014, 07:59   #23
Covax

I still think it’s worth studying as a concept if only as ‘anthropological research’ on a martial art.

Sure, Taekwondo is an outdated style when compared to MMA Fighting, but that doesn’t mean Taekwondo kick won’t knock a dude flat out.
Old March 26th, 2014, 12:40   #24
-=ArchAngel=-

Given the equipment they had available at the time, I'd figure this wasnt such a bad technique.
People often evaluate techniques without trying to find what situation it was meant to be used for. This is an easy way to become ignorant and closed minded.
-=ArchAngel=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2014, 12:57   #25
coach
aka coachster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco_Dante View Post
If your primary goes dry, I would argue that you should reload it, rather than switching to an inferior weapon.
the video is more so for when you have a failure or when a tactical reload is not possible.

since the rifle isn't slung, he is demonstrating a technique to get it slung and draw your secondary. I'm sure in action that move would be a touch faster.
coach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2014, 16:03   #26
Emre1337

Well most people I assume (maybe I shouldn't) use a sling with their rifle and keep the sling on so that they can let it go and have it just "stick" to your chest. I'm going to go a little off topic for a bit so bear with me, I enjoy watching Instructor Zero's videos on Funker Tactical. Lot's of people bash him but I think he's pretty knowledgeable. He does that sling technique in one of his videos and I noticed that he did not have much gear on at the time. Also, this seems like an AK specific technique. I tried it with my SCAR, too hard to cradle with one arm while still keeping barrel on target. If it works, then I have no right to say anything, but I just think that there are more efficient ways to do the same thing with less movement.
Old December 4th, 2014, 21:08   #27
Theesire
Banned

Oh man, all this arguing.

It honestly seems faster to just reload provided your mag is ready to go out of the pouch, more so with an AR platform rifle but still with an AK.
Theesire is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Tactics, Techniques and Procedures