Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Making an airsoft gun

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old October 4th, 2009, 17:36   #16
aZn_triXta07

Jaroche, I thought Madbull re-designed their shotgun shell so that it wouldn't work in real shotguns as was the original one was supposed to.

From what I remember they design it so that if you try using the shell in a real shotgun it'll damage the internals of the real gun, not sur about that.

If you can modify the firing pin and such so that it's specifically for the Madbull Shell only or make it so that a real shell wouldn't fit it might just work.

Also as the other have said, plug the barrel so only the inner barrels go in. That's how the current Wa Shan double barrel shotgun functions, it's just that the firing pin is really cheap pot metal.

TM shells do not use gas, it's a spring gun so I don't know how effective it'd be for a double barrel.
aZn_triXta07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2009, 18:17   #17
Disco_Dante

Just use an 8mm inner barrel instead of a 6mm one. You'll still get tons of spread.

Not for glory, nor riches, nor honours, but for freedom alone, which no good man gives up except with his life.
Disco_Dante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2009, 18:23   #18
AngelusNex
formerly Sepulcrum

Send a message via MSN to AngelusNex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco_Dante View Post
Just use an 8mm inner barrel instead of a 6mm one. You'll still get tons of spread.
and to make a point that many would not realize, this fact is for using 6mm bbs with the 8mm barrel.
AngelusNex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2009, 18:25   #19
ujiro

Send a message via MSN to ujiro
Wouldn't that cause an extremely large drop in the muzzle velocity though (if using 6mm in 8mm barrel). You would no longer be getting any seal between the BB and the barrel, and as such the bulk of the gas flow would just fly right around the BB, still propelling it forward, but not nearly as quickly as before.
Old October 5th, 2009, 16:49   #20
jaroche

Thanks for all the tips. It fires just fine right now, with no inner barrel, but I think most customers would want that greater accuracy. The original plans were for a gun that basically never misses, but an 8mm barrel would keep that idea while improving the fps and distance. I may plug the end of the chamber too, but with an inner barrel there is no need to do so.

@ aZn_triXta07 - As I have said, I cannot market the modified MadBull shells. I am not sure, the last I heard, gas was not good for the barrel over time, but the shell would still fire. I have not seen this Wa Shan gun, but the purpose of my gun was really a quality build. It is made of steel and I have a local gunsmith doing the cherry wood pieces.

Removable orange tip For The Win!

Last edited by jaroche; October 5th, 2009 at 16:54..
jaroche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2009, 16:53   #21
AngelusNex
formerly Sepulcrum

Send a message via MSN to AngelusNex
Quote:
Originally Posted by ujiro View Post
Wouldn't that cause an extremely large drop in the muzzle velocity though (if using 6mm in 8mm barrel). You would no longer be getting any seal between the BB and the barrel, and as such the bulk of the gas flow would just fly right around the BB, still propelling it forward, but not nearly as quickly as before.
he wanted to use 6mm in a 12 guage barrel... so i don't think it's be any worst to use 6mm in 8mm barrel, and plus, the inner barrel suggestion is for just making the gun incapable of firing life shells.
AngelusNex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2009, 18:15   #22
Drake
E-01

If you intend on marketing these, I would suggest you consult a legal expert that specializes in firearms etc.

Better safe than in prison.

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion