Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

King Arms vs Classic Army FN

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old March 4th, 2009, 21:23   #16
Mr.Shiney

Send a message via MSN to Mr.Shiney
So I will be ordering the Classic Army FN SA58 OSW. Once I get it, I will be doing a detailed review of it. So in about 6 weeks it should be mine.

Ubique
Osons

Michael
Mr.Shiney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2009, 13:13   #17
JackCY

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Shiney View Post
I just emailed Classic Army as to find out the possibility of Low and/or Mid Cap mags.

So once I get my SA 58 OSW. I will investigate how I can upgrade it, and if I feel comfortable in doing so.

Does the gear box need any modification or cleaning or regreasing?

Ubique
Osons

Michael
Hi there, I'm from Czech Republic, I got CA SA58 Carbine, CA027M

my first gun so I can't really compary to other ones
here is what I've done so far:
all cables new for higher electric current, there are some ... 0.5mm^2 PVC wires in stock
made mosfet with active braking and installed it with the new wires
I fitted in 9.6V 2400mAh NiCd Sanyo battery, SubC size, it will fit but it's a tight squeeze, so I removed the end caps on the battery etc. and made it thinner and shorter
to change the trigger wires you need to open the gearbox, so I opened it, no big deal, doing it for first time and opening is piece of cake, so here is what I found out:
shims... don't know, I think the gears are in correct positions, there are shims used, don't know what to look for
grease... I think if you have grease, regrease it, I don't have :/ (yet) so I let it be, not very much of grease in there but not dry
tappet plate... I think it's so weak because it's plastic :/ the part which is on the gear is not very sturdy, but I think when you close the gearbox there are grooves and the tapper plate goes in them

closing it here comes the hard part:
the spring can hold inside by it's own but I still was securing it and the cylinder, the spring guide holds in place
1) tappet plate... it's getting a bit up on the gear because the spring is forcing it forward, so you have to keep it down, I ended up putting something from the front, from air nozzle tu get the plate more backward so it want touch the gear and stays down, but it didn't helped some other problem:
2) trigger... I was trying to close the gearbox but it didn't wanted to close, I found out that something holds it when the trigger is, don't know what it was, because all the gears etc. trigger was fitting in to the hole when I looked at it, but when I pulled the trigger it somewhat jumped into the place and closed

getting the gearbox out etc. is piece of cake, like a real gun, no big shit like I saw on KA FAL strip down video, I couldn't stop laughting it was so stupid to build it that way, KA really should rework that

CA strip down:
get a 3mm hex key
wide flat screw driver or 2

1) remove the big "screws" like they say in the manual, it's really obvious, it those big screws on bouth sides of the gun, at the front end of lower receiver
2) slide it apart
3) whoaa your in the gun
4) unscrew the little screw which holds the door in the pistol grip
5) remove pistol grip
6) take out the gearbox simple isn't it
7) you might have to switch the fire mod from safe to full auto but I can do it without it but it's simplier when you switch it when you are getting the gearbox out so the motor doesn't collide at all then
8) gearbox out

just 1 screw and you are in the gun
another screw and the gearbox is out

--------------------

some concerns I have so far...
mags? I don't care
but, the parts... some are AK, some SIG, many of them are SA58
tappet plate is marked AK.SIG so maybe I will find some if I need
but the airnozzle, I don't if mine is the same, but I saw some pictures comparing it to other nozzles and the shape is weird and maybe incorrect, but when you want to replace it... I didn't find any aftermarket parts, so you can find a forum where Han_Solo replaced it with modified AUG nozzle
everything else is standard I think, gears, piston etc.
HopUp is SIG and it holds its setting, but I don't know what bucking to buy? Can you help me with that?
another thing is the barrel length... they don't make aftermarket barrel of this length, so I have to find out how it is hold inside and if I can replace it with longer and what do I have to mod, what about cutting the barrel? (nobody adviced me that but don't know why) all say put a silencer...

And don't forget to look at the screw which is hex again some small one, it's located on the cocking plate from inside and the heavy spring is putting all the power on it, so don't release the bolt before manually closing the cocking handle, I had the screw a little loosen, you can remove the whole thing out and tighten it but I managed to tighten it without removing the whole cocking mechanism and spring

Please if you now about changing:
airnozzle
tappet plate
hopup bucking
internals upgrading (spring, gears, pistons, motor) or about their quality what they can handle etc.

write there or PM me please
JackCY is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion