Get rid of .30 for the heavier weights 7 4.29%
Voters: 163. You may not vote on this poll

Old October 9th, 2008, 08:40   #61
Scarecrow
A Total Bastard

Send a message via Skype™ to Scarecrow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
Since people are bringing up black BBs, have you ever considered doing tracers? Specially in heavier than the typical .2g and preferably in red/orange.
Yeah, the market is too small - also, our manufacturing processes won`t work with the material you need to use for tracers - you can`t get the weight and densities you can - just doing it with the material we`ve settled on is hard enough. The problem is tracer material is inherently lighter and more brittle than the ABS plastic and additives we use. I don`t ever want to hear a report of someone losing an eye because one of my BBs shattered when then got hit with it. With tracers, thats a possibility.
Old October 9th, 2008, 09:01   #62
Drake
E-01

Aww, back to dunking BBs in glow in the dark paint :P

Thanks for the info!
Old October 9th, 2008, 09:22   #63
bean
Administrator

Send a message via MSN to bean
You dont have to do ricebag. They sell some of the normal brands of bb's. Just sell a large crate of packaged rounds. Its always worth looking into.
bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2008, 14:16   #64
grantmac

I mainly want to see the .3s sold in larger, less expensive quantities. They are an awesome product, but too expensive for that extra .02g over the .28s

I would also like to see a reasonably priced, high-quality heavy weight for BA use.
Cheers,
Grant
grantmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2008, 14:25   #65
Donster

Quote:
Originally Posted by grantmac View Post
I mainly want to see the .3s sold in larger, less expensive quantities. They are an awesome product, but too expensive for that extra .02g over the .28s

I would also like to see a reasonably priced, high-quality heavy weight for BA use.
Cheers,
Grant
that's basically the consensus of everyone here i should think
Donster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2008, 15:03   #66
Scarecrow
A Total Bastard

Quote:

Cheers,
Grant
That may very well be coming. Keep in mind my order was the first run and I`m amortizing an investment made to produce them. It will also depend on the cost of the new product. I will keep the package at 1000 count, but eventually yes it will come down. Also keep in mind what a package of TM .30`s are selling for, and other quality brands and Bastard .30`s aren`t that bad a deal in comparison. Problem is its a small market with significantly less volume than say .20 and .25 combined with higher cost - can`t be avoided. Doesn`t help that I bought my last batch based on everyone saying they want them, made them half the cost of the TMs and then when I got them in all I heard was crickets chirping and everyone ordering .20 and .25 - even the .28 product is down in volume compared to last year. I am not sure what to attribute it to, This is why I am hesitant to just order more product in higher weights and seeing if I can get a preorder together.
Old October 9th, 2008, 15:08   #67
Scarecrow
A Total Bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by DONSTER 125 View Post
that's basically the consensus of everyone here i should think

Except for the potential for more crickets when it arrives. I`ll probably do the preorder route. I`ll post pricing and arrangements for a preorder shortly.
Old October 9th, 2008, 15:11   #68
Donster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
Except for the potential for more crickets when it arrives. I`ll probably do the preorder route. I`ll post pricing and arrangements for a preorder shortly.
can you give us a taste of what is to come? and will they be up to your normal standards of awesomeness?
Donster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2008, 15:31   #69
Scarecrow
A Total Bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by DONSTER 125 View Post
can you give us a taste of what is to come? and will they be up to your normal standards of awesomeness?
Not until an order comes in naturally. I`ll probably order several bags for myself (obviously) but I am sure they will be good.
Old October 9th, 2008, 16:18   #70
grantmac

I personally go for the .28s as they are currently priced, when the local ass bastard chooses to stock them. I would be more tempted by the .3s if they were around $10/1000.

I think that if there were $10/500 or $7.50/250 sample bags of the heavier stuff then more people would be tempted to give them a wirl. Buying a good sized and expensive bag of heavies jsut to find they don't work particularly well in your gun is a bummer.
Cheers,
Grant
Old October 9th, 2008, 17:06   #71
Brian McIlmoyle
8=======D

Quote:
I personally go for the .28s as they are currently priced, when the local ass bastard chooses to stock them. I would be more tempted by the .3s if they were around $10/1000.

I think that if there were $10/500 or $7.50/250 sample bags of the heavier stuff then more people would be tempted to give them a wirl. Buying a good sized and expensive bag of heavies jsut to find they don't work particularly well in your gun is a bummer.
Cheers,
Grant

Even at $20 a bag for the .3 .. they are still cheap ammo ...

I want performance... I want leaf cutting twig splitting power... and the gradient between the cost of .2 and .3 is immaterial to me... if you have to quibble over the cost of "regular" VS "ultra" maybe staying in the basement is a better solution.

The bastard is a victim of his own success... $10 bags of BBs for excellent quality has spoiled the market for an up-priced better performing product.

The fact is these guns are still cheap to feed even at the price point that .3s are at today.

Most people commenting seem to be saying.. Sure I'd buy a top performing product.. if I can get it at the same price of the basic product.. This coupled with the fact the The Bastard has been left holding a lot of .3s already because all the talkers who convinced him to get them.. turned out to be nothing but talkers .. and won't pay for the product they asked for.
Toronto Downtown Age Verifier

OPERATION WOODSMAN

If the tongue could cut as the sword does, the dead would be infinite
Brian McIlmoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2008, 17:33   #72
Skladfin

Quote:
I mainly want to see the .3s sold in larger, less expensive quantities.
Grant
I CONCUR 100%
Skladfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2008, 18:13   #73
grantmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian McIlmoyle View Post
Even at $20 a bag for the .3 .. they are still cheap ammo ...

I want performance... I want leaf cutting twig splitting power... and the gradient between the cost of .2 and .3 is immaterial to me... if you have to quibble over the cost of "regular" VS "ultra" maybe staying in the basement is a better solution.

The bastard is a victim of his own success... $10 bags of BBs for excellent quality has spoiled the market for an up-priced better performing product.

The fact is these guns are still cheap to feed even at the price point that .3s are at today.

Most people commenting seem to be saying.. Sure I'd buy a top performing product.. if I can get it at the same price of the basic product.. This coupled with the fact the The Bastard has been left holding a lot of .3s already because all the talkers who convinced him to get them.. turned out to be nothing but talkers .. and won't pay for the product they asked for.
I think it's mainly the STEEP jump from .28 to .3 that keeps me away from them. I understand the technical changes required to make them, but they are over twice the price per BB.
As for cheap to feed; that is true but keeping ammo costs down allows for more of the other expensive aspects of the hobby to be indulged. If I was only looking at the bottom line I'd buy cases of .25g from overseas for rediculous prices (excell at $7.50/3000 comes to mind).
Old October 9th, 2008, 18:30   #74
m102404
Tys

Quote:
I think it's mainly the STEEP jump from .28 to .3 that keeps me away from them. I understand the technical changes required to make them, but they are over twice the price per BB.
As for cheap to feed; that is true but keeping ammo costs down allows for more of the other expensive aspects of the hobby to be indulged. If I was only looking at the bottom line I'd buy cases of .25g from overseas for rediculous prices (excell at $7.50/3000 comes to mind).
LOL...this is priceless. If we ever meet up at a game, remind me to give you the spare change in my car's ashtray so you can buy enough ammo for the game...

Anyway...back to the point. 0.30's are fine for me for now. I would like to try heavier...but probably not enough to make it worth your while to bring them in. I'd love to see some distance vs. accuracy tests with 0.30/0.32/0.36+ BBs (must go and Google now...)
m102404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2008, 18:41   #75
Styrak

Send a message via MSN to Styrak
Quote:
If I was only looking at the bottom line I'd buy cases of .25g from overseas for rediculous prices (excell at $7.50/3000 comes to mind).
Yes but the shipping would be more than the BB's. $150 to $200 for shipping a case of 20 or 25 comes to mind, to use your words.

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Accessories Discussion