Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Evike.com

:

Accessories Discussion

Old August 25th, 2008, 20:16   #16
Dusti69

Send a message via Yahoo to Dusti69
im in the states and ive never had any problems with evike. i like buying my bbs from them on ebay. would be cool to get to go to their store
however.. ehobbys prices are better than evikes. like the zombie killer receiver im getting, evike has it listed for 40 dollars more than ehobby.
i do the biggest part of my shopping with ehobby. their selection can go from low to very high i suppose depending on how much business theyre doing and what they have in stock/up on the site
redwolf on the other hand is not for me as they charged me at least 22 dollars to ship a set of ak lower handguard retainers

in other words. id reccomend ehobby above all else. and +1 for small items from ehobby having free shipping
dont let the elitist gun snobs who only clicked on your post to thread shit tell you other wise (they are OHHHH so helpful here- they wont offer you any help but will be self rightous pricks cause they are CLEARLY 'pros' who overpaid for their guns roflmao)
Dusti69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2008, 21:06   #17
Drake
E-01

My gripe with Evike is really their Customer Support (which is worse than non-existent... it should be called Customer Suppression).

Having their website dump out a PHP error on me while I'm checking out, then treating me like I haven't paid, and refusing to either cancel/refund or acknowledge my PayPal receipt or otherwise even answer emails... that's just unacceptable.
Old August 25th, 2008, 21:21   #18
DonKorleone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
and I recently ordered from SpeedyToys without any trouble either (except they'd only ship via those UPS crooks but that's a different story).
FYI: I've been told that speedytoys will actually ship USPS if you call them on the phone to place your order.
DonKorleone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2008, 21:25   #19
Drake
E-01

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonKorleone View Post
FYI: I've been told that speedytoys will actually ship USPS if you call them on the phone to place your order.
Cool, will know for next time.

I emailed em and asked but never got a reply, so I just ordered and got raped by UPS. Twice.

"What can brown do for you" I think they were talking about him:

Old August 25th, 2008, 21:54   #20
byblos

great thanks, ill try redwolf
byblos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2008, 22:01   #21
Muffin

Let me know if you can actually get on the website. It hasn't worked for me all day.
Muffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2008, 19:08   #22
Foxx

Send a message via MSN to Foxx
Should have seen this thread before..

I just bought $384.74USD worth of products on evike.com, paypal deducted the amount from my account and said the payment was successful however, when I look at my order history on evike.com it says the following.

08/26/2008 Paypal Payment Failed
08/26/2008 (A)Pending

Anyone knows whats going on?
Old August 26th, 2008, 19:26   #23
Dusti69

could be a problem with pay-pal. maybe your bank has insufficient funds or your credit card could be maxed out. or from another pay-pal purchase the seller may have withdrew extra funds and caused your pay-pal balance to be negative in which case youd need to fix by adding funds from your bank or credit card

or evike screwed something up somewhere. call and ask them
dont let the elitist gun snobs who only clicked on your post to thread shit tell you other wise (they are OHHHH so helpful here- they wont offer you any help but will be self rightous pricks cause they are CLEARLY 'pros' who overpaid for their guns roflmao)
Old August 26th, 2008, 19:28   #24
Drake
E-01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxx View Post
Should have seen this thread before..

I just bought $384.74USD worth of products on evike.com, paypal deducted the amount from my account and said the payment was successful however, when I look at my order history on evike.com it says the following.

08/26/2008 Paypal Payment Failed
08/26/2008 (A)Pending

Anyone knows whats going on?

Oh man, the memories...

Good luck (you'll need it).
Old August 26th, 2008, 19:31   #25
Foxx

I had enough funds to pay and I don't have a credit card. If the payment failed where did my money go?

Old August 26th, 2008, 19:34   #26
Dusti69

i noticed theres no shipping address provided on that. that might be your problem
contact evike and ask them if the order went through. if it did, dont worry bout anything

i feel bad for you guys that have problems with evike. theyve always been pretty cool with me
Old August 26th, 2008, 21:40   #27
Drake
E-01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxx View Post
I had enough funds to pay and I don't have a credit card. If the payment failed where did my money go?

They have the money (your PayPal receipt confirms its in their account), it's their substandard webserver that's dropping the ball and refusing to recognize that you paid.

Now you get to deal with their Customer Suppression to try and convince them their server is wrong and you're right. If you have several hours to waste, you can try phoning them and not getting a busy signal. Its a really fun game, I got to play it several times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusti69 View Post
i noticed theres no shipping address provided on that. that might be your problem
contact evike and ask them if the order went through. if it did, dont worry bout anything
The Paypal receipt doesn't show the address, and either way it's already entered on Evike's website before you ever get to the PayPal portion.

Quote:
i feel bad for you guys that have problems with evike. theyve always been pretty cool with me
Doesn't require much digging no Google to find plenty of people who've had trouble with Evike and just as many warning people to stay away.
Old August 26th, 2008, 21:58   #28
Foxx

I will phone them tomorrow when I get back from work, meanwhile I have opened a paypal dispute against them.
Old August 27th, 2008, 14:38   #29
Foxx

Sorry for double posting. Here is an update on the situation. I called them today right after getting back from work, surprisingly I spoke with someone on my first try, a guy named Kenny. He told me not to worry after looking at my order and soon afterward I received an email from them and the status on their website changed to (A)Paypal Uncleared - Batch status update.
Old August 27th, 2008, 14:49   #30
Drake
E-01

Good to hear!

Guess being able to talk to someone helped. Hope the rest of the order goes through smoothly.

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Accessories Discussion