Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Trigger Master MOSFET Fire Control System Discussion Thread

:

Accessories Discussion

Old June 27th, 2008, 17:45   #16
Skladfin

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonP View Post
When a FET is turned on properly, there will be no voltage 'lost' across the FET while driving the load (well, virtually none if you want to be really picky).

That is not the case with "normal" transistors, which work differently and will have a voltage drop across the component itself like you mentioned.

Among other things it's one of the reasons why FETs are particularly awesome for electronically driving and controlling motors. (For example it's in all the even slightly-modern stuff for the RC crowd, and those guys take this stuff seriously :O )
so your products are tuned properly ?
Skladfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2008, 18:38   #17
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

Send a message via MSN to CDN_Stalker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skladfin View Post
From my experience, yes they are. And I've assembled (components on the board) a bit over a dozen Trigger Masters so far, so the work is guaranteed too. Still have to knock off another dozen though, just finding time is entertaining at the least.
CDN_Stalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2008, 20:19   #18
DonP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skladfin View Post
Yep
DonP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2008, 20:57   #19
Skladfin

Quote:
Yep
M16 project time!
Skladfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2008, 02:40   #20
WingZER0

Is it normal for the active breaking to cause the motor to arc inside of the bushings?
WingZER0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2008, 10:26   #21
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

Send a message via MSN to CDN_Stalker
Quote:
Originally Posted by WingZER0 View Post
Is it normal for the active breaking to cause the motor to arc inside of the bushings?
I've seen the arching happening during normal operation of a motor, little blue sparks occur when the motor is running.
CDN_Stalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2008, 13:55   #22
DonP

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingZER0 View Post
Yes, arcing will be seen with any active braking. (And as pointed out above, some arcing can be seen in normal motor operation too.)

If something turns red, goes hypersonic, starts lighting up distant fluorescent lights, or opens a wormhole, then that's a problem.

If that happens try hooking it up to a speaker. That won't fix anything but it will probably sound pretty cool.
Old July 2nd, 2008, 17:12   #23
WingZER0

Quote:
Yes, arcing will be seen with any active braking. (And as pointed out above, some arcing can be seen in normal motor operation too.)

If something turns red, goes hypersonic, starts lighting up distant fluorescent lights, or opens a wormhole, then that's a problem.

If that happens try hooking it up to a speaker. That won't fix anything but it will probably sound pretty cool.
Noo, but I have made dance before.
WingZER0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2008, 20:04   #24
DonP

A new model has been released: The Sniper/DM Special.

This model is specifically for electric Sniper/DM guns.

- Semi-auto works, but has 1 second "dead time" between shots.
- Full-auto works, but only at a rate-of-fire of 1 round per second.

I think is is much better than just "semi-only" for Sniper/DM electric guns. It makes more sense to allow Sniper/DM guns a higher FPS when their rate-of-fire is electronically limited to 1 round per second (instead of just making them semi-auto only).
Old August 14th, 2008, 07:47   #25
Slick

Send a message via MSN to Slick
Is it possible to set the low volt warning. Says its set for 7v but what if I want to change it to 6 or 9?
Old August 14th, 2008, 09:34   #26

So, I don't know how many of you have visited 6mm Mag lately, but I've been in the process of trying to review one for some time now.

Time, unfortunately, hasn't been on my side.

Actually it's been working against me so badly, it's taken me over a month to review this baby.

On the bright side the review is nearly complete, although not without peril. Don has been great by helping me out wherever he can, but a lack of sleep and time to focus has heralded the most hap-hazard install of any accessory or component I have ever done.

It's really quite comical, and tragic, all at the same time.

Cudos must be given to Don for his patience, advice, and customer service. If anything has been learned out of this experience of mine, it's that Don has a great product that he stands behind with pride and confidence.

If you don't have one of these, and you're on the fence about buying one - I can't stress enough how excellent this product is.

Any way you spin it, it's a win. Look for the whole story coming soon.

Thanks again Don.

808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2008, 09:50   #27
AngelusNex
formerly Sepulcrum

Send a message via MSN to AngelusNex
Hows the plug'n'play one stalker had in his mp5 (just plugs into connector that goes to battery and into the battery) coming along?
AngelusNex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2008, 15:02   #28
DonP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick View Post
Is it possible to set the low volt warning. Says its set for 7v but what if I want to change it to 6 or 9?
Actually the low battery warning is calculated on the fly. When the voltage starts to droop and gets to 85% of nominal (as measured at startup), that's when the low battery warning kicks in.

7V is in fact the "won't run below this" voltage. In other words if your battery is at or under 7V the gun will no longer fire. (The electronics power will be dodgy under that voltage, for one thing. Also, for most packs out there 7V measured on the pack while idle would be well into "low" if not "dead".)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 808
Thanks again Don.
My pleasure!

Last edited by DonP; August 14th, 2008 at 15:14..
Old August 14th, 2008, 15:11   #29
DonP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sepulcrum View Post
Hows the plug'n'play one stalker had in his mp5 (just plugs into connector that goes to battery and into the battery) coming along?
Still on the workbench - that test unit is a new thing I'm trying. The basic concept seems to work, but turning it into something that can handle being in the world instead of in the lab is proving to be more difficult than I expected!

It won't replace the existing Trigger Master, but I think it might be good for some specific applications... if I can get it working well enough, that is.
Old August 14th, 2008, 15:19   #30
Lorden

Send a message via MSN to Lorden
Just ordered 2 -- One for my '47, and one for my girlfriend's RPK. Can't wait to try them out.

By the way for the soldering -- I don't have an electric solderer, so I bought this tiny butane solderer from Wal Mart -- I've soldered a bit before, but I'm wondering if anyone has had any success with that type of unit?

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Accessories Discussion