Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

20 mW Green lasers for ~$70 CAD

:

Accessories Discussion

Old July 15th, 2007, 11:54   #16
Qlong
Division

Ohh, where can I get one of these laser guys?
Qlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2007, 02:26   #17
BBS

Send a message via MSN to BBS
i've ordered from Deal Extreme before and they are very reputable. plus they have great products and awesome prices.
BBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2007, 22:30   #18
Qlong
Division

thats good to hear, do customs just tax everything or were there other misc. charges? I've bought from the US but never actually had the retailer send through to Canada, always through a relative, so I haven't a clue what customs usually charge.
Qlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2007, 22:58   #19
BBS

Send a message via MSN to BBS
orders under $60 will not be charged of any taxes if you request the retailer to mark the package as a gift. if your package is over $60 they'll charge custom fees, but the amount is acceptable. I just ordered a 30mw Laser from them.
BBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2007, 00:32   #20
Amos

Anything over 5mw can damage your eyes...

Soon with all these lasers we'll require a bit more than ANSI rated goggles..
Amos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2007, 22:13   #21
Drake
E-01

Sightly late but I happened upon this video and it reminded me of this thread

YouTube - 35mW laser

Now think of those laser Gryphon mentioned were closer to 65mW... and your eyes.

Mmmmm, warm and toasty.
Old July 26th, 2007, 22:19   #22
Ronan
Official Crybaby Chairsofter

Aren't lasers prohibited in games? They were never allowed in Airsoft games in NY. Illegal + Dangerous.
Ronan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2007, 22:46   #23
krap101

well i havent done it, but i heard its pretty easy to mod a 5mw laser to like pretty high, i dont remember how. you take off the rubber switch and turn something with a screw driver. there is a chance of blowing up the diode or whatever is inside of a laser
krap101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2007, 00:25   #24
Drake
E-01

They are on some fields and by some groups, but not all it seems.

There's a few threads about it, regarding games in Canada, and notably those Chinese lasers. (I was looking for some gears on ebay and happened across a 35mW laser, being sold for airsoft... was curious how it looked in use, and came across that vid on youtube)

Anyway, fortunately most fields don't allow them here (Quebec). Personally I wouldn't want to take any chance, even for 5mW or under. That's like saying "yeah I'll play with shop glasses instead of goggles; it'll probably stop the BB." Why risk it?
Old August 6th, 2007, 16:55   #25
Donster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Styrak View Post
Hmm. This doesn't add up. Wikipedia says Class IIIa lasers are 1-5 mW, not 20. But the site (right on the laser) claims 20 mW.
now dont quote me on this. but i read somewhere that with lasers, their output consists of two things. (sorry, i cant remember what exactly). however, some manufactureers include both in their power output, when in reality, you're not supposed to. it gives the impression of the laser being more powerful than it is. im sorry i am so vague, but i did read this somewhere.
Donster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2007, 17:55   #26
FOX_111
Le Roi des poissons d'avril

For the record, I got shot by a green laser in the left eye in 2004 in an indoor game. Tanks to that player, I now have a dead spot in my vision. Very anoying.

I used a red, 5mw laser before. But for the sake of showing example, I don't use it anymore. Lasers are fun and usefull, but dangerous. I think I'm the living example of that unfortunatly.

Vérificateur d'âge: Terrebonne
FOX_111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2007, 19:28   #27
surebet
Vicious MSPaint Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOX_111 View Post
For the record, I got shot by a green laser in the left eye in 2004 in an indoor game. Tanks to that player, I now have a dead spot in my vision. Very anoying.

I used a red, 5mw laser before. But for the sake of showing example, I don't use it anymore. Lasers are fun and usefull, but dangerous. I think I'm the living example of that unfortunatly.
Holey moley! Yeah, I remember who that was, I wonder what the output of his laser was.

For the record, I did test my own green laser (30 sec to the eye, continuous) prior to an opromoligical exam. No change.

But I metered the laser before using it, it was well below 5mW.

I might purchase one for my new M4, but the battery will come out before hitting the field...
surebet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2007, 19:30   #28
OrBy

*Note from the laser tech - if you do buy one of these high power lasers and hope to have it adjusted. It cannot be done on all models. Some do not have the adjustment resistor. Others start mode hopping when brought down to safe levels - this causes the beam to go all over the place. When in doubt - buy a sub 5mw laser from a trusted source.

I personally use a 3mw 532nm (green) laser on my p90. This puts it in the class 3R rank according to the new laser classes that have been revised if i read correctly. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laser_safety) I also have it on a thumb trigger so it is not always on and try to keep it aimed as center mass only. Also this is primarily used in our indoor venue so the chance of some one being injured due to viewing it with optics is reduced as magnifying optics are pointless at these ranges.

Last edited by OrBy; August 20th, 2007 at 19:45..
OrBy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2007, 21:19   #29
ColtFarmer

Send a message via MSN to ColtFarmer
so, did anyone actually get one of these lasers? I mean recieve one they paid for... cause I sure didnt.
Old December 17th, 2007, 22:13   #30
Drake
E-01

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtFarmer View Post
so, did anyone actually get one of these lasers? I mean recieve one they paid for... cause I sure didnt.
I think the sales thread is still around. As I recall, a few people got 'em and a few of those reported it was a PoS, either defective on arrival or breaking within a relatively short period.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conscript View Post
See, theres a difference in my lasers and these "Dealextreme" ones (though they are the same pictures), my lasers are in country and ready to go, and they probably don't take like 4 weeks to come, or get charged with customs...
Just had to quote that.

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Accessories Discussion