:

Accessories Discussion

Old June 13th, 2006, 23:12   #16
Danger_Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryphon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger_Doom
I ordered a "VFC / GB-Tech M9 KAC Quick Detach Suppressor" from WGCShop and it also came in fine.
There's guys who have machine guns and cocaine mailed to them too. You have the spare time to spend in jail and the scratch to afford a lawyer the one time it doesn't?
Does anybody know of a story where somebody was put in jail for purchasing a piece of metal filled with foam that is an accessory for an airsoft gun? This question is for anybody.

Ive never heard of somebody going to jail trying to import an airsoft gun which I think would be worse. This is just me.

Im not trying to say im right and you're wrong, you're most likely right and know more about this than I do but I'd just like to hear the stories where importing something went wrong.

My package was opened by customs so im pretty sure it wasint a lazy customs worker letting things throught but a customs worker letting it through because it wasint illegal. Can somebody correct me on this with facts not just opinion. I could be just stupid and I hope im not.
Danger_Doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2006, 23:18   #17
firemachine69

Well, a fake silencer, is... a tube. with smaller ends. If customs feel safe that it's only for show, they'll let it in.
firemachine69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2006, 23:19   #18
Amazing KG3

Send a message via MSN to Amazing KG3
People who dont know better will see a silencer, some might see a metal pipe wit h foam. It all depends, we prob wont go to jail, we just wont recieve it. Especially with that whole US GOVT- Not for civilian issue printed on it.
Amazing KG3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2006, 23:23   #19
MMMiles!
Part man, part machine

You'll never get throw in jail, you'll just get a nice letter that tells you your item is gone. And the amount of work you have to go through to possibly get it back is not even close to worth it.

Many different airsoft items have been seized... barrels (inner and outer), springs (no joke), mechbox shells (yep...), metal bodies, silencers, plenty of mags, and of course there are dozens of stories of people who had guns go missing.

It's not pretty. The odds are decent that something will get through, but if it's something restricted, it's really not worth the gamble.
MMMiles! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2006, 01:46   #20
Chingyul

My order has been in customs since the 1st of the month.
Nothing special. MP5 mags (not with the fake bullet), P226 mags, and some gear.

Hope nothings wrong.
Old June 14th, 2006, 11:46   #21
LUTNIT

Because ehobbyasia doesnt give shipping discounts for multiple items, they just add the shipping prices together, would it be safer to have them all shipped seperatly? I mean your chances of losing something goes way up but your chances of losing it all goes way down.
LUTNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2006, 12:39   #22
firemachine69

They generally save themselves money, and package stuff together.
firemachine69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2006, 13:01   #23
DoctorDeath

Yeah I've ordered a bunch of stuff from them, great prices, and everythings got through, mags, holsters, gear, silencer. Huge savings over canadian retailers, I just got a pack of 8 MAG mags for 40$ + 8$ in shipping, and a 3 pack of shotshells for 15$ + 5$ in shipping. The same shotshells DEA wanted to charge me 50$ + 20$ shipping + tax for. And I've never been charged duties. My motto is: if it's not a gun, don't buy in Canada.
Old June 14th, 2006, 13:38   #24
Amazing KG3

Send a message via MSN to Amazing KG3
yeah im ordering, im convinced. im going to risk it and order the silencer too. No big loss
Amazing KG3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2006, 19:52   #25
Chingyul

I actually got a combined shipping discount. About 15% off my shipping cost.
Old June 14th, 2006, 21:02   #26
MMMiles!
Part man, part machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorDeath
Yeah I've ordered a bunch of stuff from them, great prices, and everythings got through, mags, holsters, gear, silencer. Huge savings over canadian retailers, I just got a pack of 8 MAG mags for 40$ + 8$ in shipping, and a 3 pack of shotshells for 15$ + 5$ in shipping. The same shotshells DEA wanted to charge me 50$ + 20$ shipping + tax for. And I've never been charged duties. My motto is: if it's not a gun, don't buy in Canada.
It works until an order gets seized. Then the money you lose ends up coming close to the cost of buying it retail in Canada - $50 for some M3 shells is a little out to lunch - for items that are more reasonably priced here.

Considering the wide array of items that have been seized by customs, it's not even close to a sure thing. If you're just buying cheap items, it's not the worst idea, but don't risk it on something expensive. It's the most frustrating thing in the world everytime someone posts about how they had XYZ seized at customs and it isn't fair etc. etc.
MMMiles! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2006, 22:08   #27
Major Clay
Banned

I recommend them. Everything is well packed and extremely fast shipping. No bullshit....no excuses, and faster than any Canadian Company by far I have ever ordered from.
Major Clay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2006, 02:59   #28
Lerch
* AV Status REVOKED *

I've gotten mags from the before, aswell is an RDS and laser module.

I'm just waiting on a G36K frontend :-D
Old June 20th, 2006, 01:44   #29
Chingyul

Ok, I'm getting a bit worried.
How long does it usually take Customs to process a package?
The tracking number indicates taht my package was sent to Customs for processing on the 1st of June. Still in that state now.
Old June 20th, 2006, 02:40   #30
Lerch
* AV Status REVOKED *

I got my G36 mags in two weeks...so...what mags did you buy?

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Accessories Discussion