Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Similar scope to a Schmidt & Bender "Short Dot"

:

Accessories Discussion

Old July 29th, 2012, 13:21   #61
Pesky

Send a message via AIM to Pesky Send a message via Skype™ to Pesky
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Visionking-1-...ht_5752wt_1396

i've seen this one on ebay, but i don't know if it is a good buy or not, i've been debating on buying one seeing if i could get one for a little cheaper but this is only 100 with shipping to so i am guessing if you want this type of scope you need to just fork over the money to get it!
Old July 29th, 2012, 14:26   #62
L473ncy

Quote:
Originally Posted by XON50 View Post
yeah, its darn hard to find one. i've already tried 2 retailers to no avail.
Ebay is one that a friend of mine went through. Airsoft Global seems like a good deal at only $70 but I'm not sure of shipping cost, it's probably like $30 though (unless its standard $20 and I could have saved $10 on the scope). The other place was RSOV which sells them for $80 but it still ends up as $101 for shipping ($20 for P&P).
Old July 29th, 2012, 14:44   #63
Pesky

Send a message via AIM to Pesky Send a message via Skype™ to Pesky
Quote:
Originally Posted by L473ncy View Post
Ebay is one that a friend of mine went through. Airsoft Global seems like a good deal at only $70 but I'm not sure of shipping cost, it's probably like $30 though (unless its standard $20 and I could have saved $10 on the scope). The other place was RSOV which sells them for $80 but it still ends up as $101 for shipping ($20 for P&P).
yeah exactly so no matter where you go it works out to be the same, and perfect, makes my decision a lot easier and a lot better! thanks!
Old July 29th, 2012, 22:21   #64
Stealth
Mr. Silencer

RSOV.com

edit: Looks like Latency beat me to the punch.

We paid about $70 to our door, but we do have a dealer account with them. We run orders about once a month so if there are some things you're seriously interested in, PM me.

Last edited by Stealth; July 30th, 2012 at 00:11..
Stealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2012, 14:02   #65
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

I got mine from asiaairsoft.com (waridiot.com) up front service was great, followthrough was mediocre... my mount arrived missing a screw and mini red dot was non functional. If you get one, the spr mount and the scope is a reasonable deal unless you have the rings already.

Just make sure they tape up the package.

about the scope... the business end of it isn't coated (at least mine isn't) so whoever is on the other side will see your illuminated reticle and an enlarged eyeball. It's a bit beefy too, the mount I got for it with the rails weighs 500g and the scope about the same. Your choice if you want to use a heavy duty one piece, tho for me I have no choice, my top rail is a bit flimsy I wouldn't trust it to the single screw rings.

Last edited by lurkingknight; July 30th, 2012 at 14:07..
lurkingknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2012, 14:37   #66
Dimitri
Can't do math

This is not illuminated but same basic outline ...

http://marstar.ca/dynamic/product.jsp?productid=75864

Edit: Its about a inch and a half shorter though. Nevermind :/

Dimitri
Dimitri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2012, 14:53   #67
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

also not adjustable :P
Old July 30th, 2012, 15:13   #68
Dimitri
Can't do math

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkingknight View Post
also not adjustable :P
Not adjustable?

All scopes are adjustable, this just doesn't have the fancy knob style that is adjustable beyond setting a zero point for range after the fact.

Dimitri
Old July 30th, 2012, 15:21   #69
Danke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimitri View Post
Not adjustable?

All scopes are adjustable, this just doesn't have the fancy knob style that is adjustable beyond setting a zero point for range after the fact.

Dimitri
That's a fixed focus optic. This thread is all about the variable zoom type of optic.

Once you've used one you can't put it down.
Old July 30th, 2012, 16:47   #70
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

like danke said. The scope you linked is only 2x magnification. The visionking scope being discussed is adjustable from 1.25-5x magnification. There's a few other differences in terms of function and lens sizes, but the big one is adjustable magnification.
Old July 30th, 2012, 17:41   #71
Dimitri
Can't do math

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danke View Post
Once you've used one you can't put it down.
I don't know, people used to tell me that back when I got into hunting, 13 years ago under the Youth Apprentice license scheme the MNR put in place. But I never really adjusted my magnification while hunting, never really had a need to actually.

Got a Trijicon TR20-2 on my SAI M1A it basically has always stayed at 4x. As does the Redfield scope on my Envoy tend to stay there too. Unless I'm sighting in then I bump it up to 9x.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkingknight View Post
The visionking scope being discussed is adjustable from 1.25-5x magnification.
The Visionking does look nice, no doubt about that. Just mentioned the other scope cause I know that the brand is used for real firearms so may be more rugged internally.

Dimitri
Old July 30th, 2012, 18:52   #72
Danke

The adjustable magnification is the feature but that's not the real advantage.

Being able to increase your field of view if needed is a huge advantage. It is much easier to engage multiple spread out targets if you can dial down the veiw till they're all in the tube.

Probably not something you'd worry about in most hunting situations.
Old July 31st, 2012, 00:54   #73
XON50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth View Post
RSOV.com

edit: Looks like Latency beat me to the punch.

We paid about $70 to our door, but we do have a dealer account with them. We run orders about once a month so if there are some things you're seriously interested in, PM me.

thanks for all the help guys. i have a retailer looking into it for me, but if it doesn't work out, i'll be sure to pm you Stealth.

thanks again.
Old August 3rd, 2012, 15:42   #74
Affliction
a.k.a. Fury a.k.a. VipaMave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth View Post
So which one is closest to true 1x at the bottom end amongst the cheaper alternatives (Millet, Vector, Vision King)?

I'm mostly looking for a both-eyes-open solution since I'll be using it at 1x 90% of the time with the OPTION of going to + x only when absolutely needed.
Just a follow up on this as I recently obtained a Vector Optics Arbiter (who apparently manufactured the Millet too). The 1x setting on the scope is excellent, it hasn't caused any eye strain in the 20 minutes that I was testing it. My eyes adjust extremely fast when sighting this scope, which is a huge benefit when using a variable zoom optic.

I've taken two pictures, one without the scope and one with it (the camera being stationary). The scoped image has been overlayed onto the non-scoped image so you can have an idea of how close to 1x it is. I've intentionally selected an object with lots of straight lines to emphasize any differences.

Scope view highlighted:

The 4x zoom clarity is also exceptional, you can clearly read "MASTER' on the Master Lock:

I won't comment on the illumination as it works flawlessly just like any other illuminated optic I've handled. It does come with scope rings although the top half of the bolt-down design is horse-shoe shaped meaning you will unavoidably scratch the scope when attempting to fit it. They also have an air bubbles underneath the paint in some places, which suggests these are most likely airbrushed pot metal. I wouldn't recommend using these on any scope.

Was this worth ~$150? Definitely. I would not hesitate to buy another if for whatever reason I manage to break this one.

Last edited by Affliction; August 3rd, 2012 at 15:46.. Reason: Adding another image
Affliction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2012, 16:01   #75
Stealth
Mr. Silencer

Thanks for the review and pictures! I picked up a VisionKing, but will most like give this a shot as well.

How much did you end up paying in total to your door?

Last edited by Stealth; August 3rd, 2012 at 16:05..
Stealth is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Accessories Discussion