Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Accessories Discussion
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Gryphon BBs Reviews?

:

Accessories Discussion

Old September 23rd, 2016, 01:33   #31
Fireboy

The PTW test is pointless. When less than 1% use the platform its validity is moot. Not to mention if a platform is so picky...maybe it's not the BB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old September 23rd, 2016, 01:47   #32
Ricochet
How much sand CAN you fit in your vagina!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireboy View Post
The PTW test is pointless. When less than 1% use the platform its validity is moot. Not to mention if a platform is so picky...maybe it's not the BB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's not pointless and it's just for me, so it doesn't matter what others run, "lol". That being said, I've seen guns that can even run Tamashis, but that doesn't validate their overall quality and integrity. As PTWs only feed reasonably good quality BBs, that makes it a great testing system, especially since it's consistent. I'm not recommending that people buy PTWs...okay well that's not necessarily true, but I am recommending high quality rounds, period.
Old September 25th, 2016, 16:08   #33
Azathoth

I did a side by side last night with Green devils and Gryphons.

had 16 mags loaded, 8 of each brand 0.30g. Shot at a gong with the PTW at 200ft measured distance. Went one mag Devil then reloaded to a gryphon mag. I had A LOT OF FLIERS with the gryphons. Every 5th to 8th BB went wildly in some upward direction, Up and left or up and right, devils flew straight to target. After shooting 4 mags of each. I did some measurements. Weighed a batch of 20x 0.30g BB's of each brand that was loaded in the mags to get a total weight of 20 BBs as i'm not going to individual weigh one at a time. Total weight is correct at 6grams. Returned to shooting the remaining 8 mags I had the same results as the first 8. Lots of fliers with the gryphons, the number went down to one in every dozen to twenty BBs.

Something is not quite "¿right¿" with the gryphons. Friend do the same test with a WE katana. BBs feed fine but lots of fliers.

PTW test is reasonable. the metal loading nozzle and the tight tolerances of the hopup chamber means that if the BB is too brittle, or soft it's going to get chopped up, or deformed during the loading/feeding. This would hold true for any gun running metal nozzles IE WE Katana, upgraded gas guns, or some custom CNC nozzle AEG builds.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcguyver View Post
it would appear I am not first up in this gang-bang
---
WANTED PTW Receiver PRIME, STG, Factory

Last edited by Azathoth; September 25th, 2016 at 16:17..
Azathoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2016, 16:32   #34
Datawraith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azathoth View Post
I did a side by side last night with Green devils and Gryphons.

had 16 mags loaded, 8 of each brand 0.30g. Shot at a gong with the PTW at 200ft measured distance. Went one mag Devil then reloaded to a gryphon mag. I had A LOT OF FLIERS with the gryphons. Every 5th to 8th BB went wildly in some upward direction, Up and left or up and right, devils flew straight to target. After shooting 4 mags of each. I did some measurements. Weighed a batch of 20x 0.30g BB's of each brand that was loaded in the mags to get a total weight of 20 BBs as i'm not going to individual weigh one at a time. Total weight is correct at 6grams. Returned to shooting the remaining 8 mags I had the same results as the first 8. Lots of fliers with the gryphons, the number went down to one in every dozen to twenty BBs.

Something is not quite "¿right¿" with the gryphons. Friend do the same test with a WE katana. BBs feed fine but lots of fliers.

PTW test is reasonable. the metal loading nozzle and the tight tolerances of the hopup chamber means that if the BB is too brittle, or soft it's going to get chopped up, or deformed during the loading/feeding. This would hold true for any gun running metal nozzles IE WE Katana, upgraded gas guns, or some custom CNC nozzle AEG builds.
Hmmm, thanks for the insights Azathoth. Did you cut a few open to see if they had air pockets or look at the surface for dimples? That might cause the fliers.
Datawraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2016, 20:44   #35
Azathoth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Datawraith View Post
Hmmm, thanks for the insights Azathoth. Did you cut a few open to see if they had air pockets or look at the surface for dimples? That might cause the fliers.
I don't have a pill splitter or tool to accurately and cleanly split a BB to see if their was any air pockets.

I used the shadow method to look at the BB to see if their were any dimples or surface imperfections, and I did look for debris, dust,dirt,grass on the BBs.

My theory was that I had some BBs that got mixed into my gryphons that weighed less than what was advertised hence doing the weighing. I could have gotten unlucky and just never manage to get any off weight BBs in my samples when i pulled them out of mags to be weighed.

So I have some theories why the fliers.

1. Air pockets in the BB, as I didnt cut them I just don't know. I honestly doubt it's air pockets as typical at 0.30g+ their simple is too much weight required to make the BB for their to be air pockets
2. BB's are not all the same weight but my weight samples didn't catch any.
3. Force from loading nozzle from PTW squashes/deformed the BB during the chambering process.

I'm leaning towards theory 3 as my buddies WE katana has the same issues. He never weighed his BBs though.
Quote:
---
Old September 27th, 2016, 20:57   #36
Ricochet
How much sand CAN you fit in your vagina!?

And I'm still looking for mine. Seems they got up and walked away.
Old September 27th, 2016, 22:35   #37
Azathoth

When I have time. I may test another mag of Gryphons. I'll shoot them into something soft like a towel, and see if their are marks on the BBs from the nozzle/hopup.
Quote:
---
Old September 28th, 2016, 13:07   #38
B2 Airsoft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azathoth View Post
When I have time. I may test another mag of Gryphons. I'll shoot them into something soft like a towel, and see if their are marks on the BBs from the nozzle/hopup.
Hey gents, i have found a small quantity of our .3g BBs that do have air pockets, you may have some from this batch. I have ordered in new samples from an inbound batch where the issue has been fixed.

If you have BB's that have air pockets, please contact me and i will get you hooked up with better ammo once it lands in about a month

As for the other weights we offer, they are still zero bubble through and through. Again, if you have any questions, please let me know

Cheers

James

B² Airsoft
Authorised Distributors of;
GHK, Wolverine, KWA, RA-Tech, PDI,
Smith Optics, Revision Military, Tasmanian Tiger, Airsoft Innovations, PTS Sydicate, Wouxun Radios, ASG, Nuprol, AIM, Line Of Fire, Mechanix, G&G, Venom Power, Fenix, BOL.
RWA Authorised Retailer
Custom Orders, Imports and Builds
http://b2airsoft.com
http://www.facebook.com/b2airsoft
B2 Airsoft is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Accessories Discussion