Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

sorry charger question

:

Accessories Discussion

Old June 21st, 2005, 14:07   #1
royal marine

Question sorry charger question

hi i just got a tlp 4000 charger, i just read the tlp threads. but i have a 9.6 1500mah battery, so should i turn the dial all the way to 1500 mah & let it charge fast or slow. i have 8 1.2v batteries. sorry i had to ask sucks to be new at this
thanks
royal marine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2005, 14:12   #2
BloodSport
Traveling Man

If your matching the 1500mah charge it on slow, if your going for a fast charge drop down one setting for the mah. Thats what my manual for my TLP says to do.
Old June 21st, 2005, 14:30   #3
royal marine

ok thanks i only got a small sheet with it, do you know how long it should take. i dont think they turn off my themselves either do they
Old June 21st, 2005, 14:38   #4
BloodSport
Traveling Man

My Tlp on a fast charge starts to beep when its done and then drops to a slow charge.
The slow charge just beeps all the time which is annoying, typically for the slow charge I give it about 3 or 4 hours, the fast charge I just wait for the beep.
Old June 21st, 2005, 14:42   #5
royal marine

ok thanks yeah thats what i read bloody beeps on slow all the time. still seems a good charger. just want to make sure i can fully charge it & not fry it.
Old June 21st, 2005, 14:52   #6
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

the dial setting indicates how much current you're going to pump into the pack - it's NOT for indicating the size of your pack.

The more current you charge into the pack, the faster it charges.
The more current you charge into the pack, the more heat it creates. Heat = bad.
The more current you charge into the pack, the faster you kill the cells.

best way to peak charge is to keep the dial as low as possible (even with a 3600mAh pack) and start up the "fast" charge. The "fast" is indicated by how high you turn the dial.
"Slow" drops the charging current to 150mAh, 200mAh or 300mAh depending on your charger.
ILLusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2005, 15:02   #7
BloodSport
Traveling Man

The TLP chargers work a bit differently Brian, not sure how they regulate the current, but you actually set the mah for the battery, then using a seperate dial/button you sellect a charge cycle, slow/fast/refresh/and another which I have no clue what it does other then takes 12 hours to complete.

I tried one of my 8.4v 3000mah batteries on a 600mah setting and did a slow charge for 4 hours and got next to no life out of the battery, but charge it up at 3000mah on slow charge for 4 hours and it worked for 3 game days....
Old June 21st, 2005, 15:06   #8
firemachine69

Anyone ever tried a GOOD N/HO scale transformer (like those used for model trains). I know for a fact if these are put really low, it's actually even possible to "revive" a dead lead-acid battery. Just a thought, I got a pretty good one lying around, just got my battery from Tarn today, it's a NiCD, oops, my bad I thought I was getting a NiMH (although, in retrospect, all that means is that I have to watch the charging of the battery, and disconnect it on full charge).

BTW, my multimeter's reading the voltage at 8.04V, yes, in need of a charge, but I should be able to go through a few BBs to try out the soon to be ordered gun, no?

(Just waiting on Ranger Airsoft to email me back. Dam wait is killing me! )
firemachine69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2005, 15:17   #9
royal marine

yes mine just has slow fast charge & discharge & a dial to select the mah, its on 1500mah on slow at the mo.
Old June 21st, 2005, 15:58   #10
made Man

Send a message via ICQ to made Man
after about 3-4 charges on fast ('til the batt got warm) my multimeter read anything from 9.6V to 12V on a 8.4V batt... wierd eh!
You dont choose who you love, love chooses you; and that little fucking son of a bitch sticks itself to your face like the godless bloodsucking bastards in Alien and refuses to let go until it has drained your soul and left you an empty shell of a human being.

I am worth $2,106,266.00 on HumanForSale.com

<axel026> i need help please
<^cell^> do you have an appointment?
<axel026> im french
<^cell^> i see... thats a terrible disorder
made Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2005, 16:12   #11
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

of the two TLP chargers that I've owned, both had dials labelled as "Current Adjustment". Final charge life was not affected by the dial's setting.

I'm not sure how the 4000 is, but I assumed it was like the ones I've used.
ILLusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2005, 18:58   #12
royal marine

well my g36 is finally alive, need some mags though. i shot of 1 mag in the basement seemed quite accurate at around 25 feet into an empty labatt blue box. love it!! now $$ for more mags. once i get to a game hopefully the pro's can sort me out a bit, & see if its running ok.
thanks for all the help ive recieved from the board members so far, now ill drink 1 of those blues from the empty box with holes in. cheers
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Accessories Discussion