Old March 4th, 2009, 14:04   #1
bean
Administrator

Send a message via MSN to bean
TSI Armouries Tar 21

News from guy on there upcoming rifle

Quote:
Hello Gents,

I wanted to give you all a heads up on our TAR 21 development and release schedule.
In light of the ARES TAR being released in Asia, I will try and provide you with some additional info we initially were planning on keeping private.
Our TAR has gone through the first phase of prototyping, and as in any prototype, needs some wrinkles ironed out. Yes, it takes additional time and funds, but our standards are high.
Realistically, round 2 of improving on our design and prototyping will take about 3-4 weeks, at which point you will all receive an update including pics and technical data.
I can tell you however, that our TAR will include the following features:
1.380 fps out of the box, Ver. 3 gearbox.
2.Interchangeable outer barrel (CTAR and STAR lengths)
3.Quick release gearbox design - the gearbox can be pulled out with the release of 2 pins and utilizing the bolt release, a 15 sec cycle
4.Externally adjusted hop up
4.Fully electronic trigger and fire selector package, MOSFET and C code included
5.This is a new one...a GBB version to follow shortly, with 100% compatibility with the AEG. Pull the gearbox out, change a few simple parts, and you can switch between the AEG and GBB!
The receiver and most major parts will be compatible with both versions.

We appreciate your patience, and promise you the TAR 21 will be a truly unique and ground breaking airsoft rifle.

Best regards,

Guy Ayal
TSI Armories LLC
bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2009, 00:56   #2
pjosephsmith
Banned

tavor -tar21?

hey, this TAR 21. is it the israilis new rifle the tavor. and would it be able to ship to canada because u know, th eloop hole is if it doesnt look like any weapon in service or what ever then its passable. idk im probably pissing some people off asking stupid questions but im tired had OT at work im feeling kind of stupid, so stfu.
but ya, like ireally like the looks of the tavor and hey if they make it and it gets into canada, i want one and u put me on the list of peole in line for one
pjosephsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2009, 01:18   #3
Hash Vapor

You'll be on a list, that's for sure.

I do like what I'm hearing. But it begs the question, with gearboxes so easy to swap out, "Will people start carrying spare gearboxes into the field? lol I elish the thought. Run out of gas? Throw in that electric box hook up the battery and go to town.

http://www.milsimempire.com
Hash Vapor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2009, 04:10   #4
peacekeeper
formerly bazza

put me on that list too please id love to do your gaming testing phase
peacekeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2009, 09:14   #5
Lotech

Quote:
Originally Posted by bazza View Post
put me on that list too please id love to do your gaming testing phase
I don't think you want to be on the list he is talking about

"If life was easy, we'd all have one" LOTECH
Lotech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2009, 18:28   #6
Warlock

Hello everyone, I just talked with Guy from TSI and it would be possible to have a canadian legal version of the TAR 21. The minimum order quantity is 50 units and the retail price is 585 $ us each for the canadian version(the us full color version is 550$). Only the receiver part would be clear so these guns can pass the border. I linked this to major distributors in canada and I hope someone will be interested in such investment. I would like to know how many people would be interested in buying a TAR 21 from TSI. For me the choice is clear and I'm ready to buy one.
Warlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2009, 18:39   #7
Neil_N

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warlock View Post
Hello everyone, I just talked with Guy from TSI and it would be possible to have a canadian legal version of the TAR 21. The minimum order quantity is 50 units and the retail price is 585 $ us each for the canadian version(the us full color version is 550$). Only the receiver part would be clear so these guns can pass the border. I linked this to major distributors in canada and I hope someone will be interested in such investment. I would like to know how many people would be interested in buying a TAR 21 from TSI. For me the choice is clear and I'm ready to buy one.
ya but with markup and distrabution fees in general 685-750 say, for a clear rifle i could probably have the black version of for 50 $ more no thanks.

Originally posted by CDN_Stalker
Quote:
"How long does it take a monkey with a wooden leg to kick the seeds out of a dill pickle?"
Neil_N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2009, 18:45   #8
Daiviet
Captain Sunshine

Quote:
you also don't need to post this in 3 seperate threads.
Daiviet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2009, 20:22   #9
Neil_N

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daiviet View Post
you also don't need to post this in 3 seperate threads.
thought i noticed that to.

Quote:
"How long does it take a monkey with a wooden leg to kick the seeds out of a dill pickle?"
Old August 16th, 2009, 16:33   #10
Warlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil_N View Post
ya but with markup and distrabution fees in general 685-750 say, for a clear rifle i could probably have the black version of for 50 $ more no thanks.
The black version is ilegal to import in canada, and only the receiver part will be clear, all the rest of the gun will be Normal. You can easily paint the gun when it is in your hands.
Old August 16th, 2009, 20:29   #11
Neil_N

Quote:
The black version is ilegal to import in canada, and only the receiver part will be clear, all the rest of the gun will be Normal. You can easily paint the gun when it is in your hands.
Or get a person who can import them to bring one in for me for slightly more, and again not have paint chiping off

Quote:
Old August 17th, 2009, 09:44   #12
Warlock

Yes but It can only be imported by a person who own a business firearms license with prohibited guns and this person can only lend the gun to law enforcement of theatral purpose. Replica firearms are prohibited in canada for civilians. I'am concerned about seeing the RCMP at an airsoft game and seize all the replicas. But I know this law is stupid but if I want to properly support the airsoft, I have to respect the laws. I don`t want airsoft to be prohibited in Canada.
Old August 17th, 2009, 10:23   #13
Daiviet
Captain Sunshine

Quote:
I'am concerned about seeing the RCMP at an airsoft game and seize all the replicas. But I know this law is stupid but if I want to properly support the airsoft, I have to respect the laws. I don`t want airsoft to be prohibited in Canada.

We've been playing for YEARS, and never have the RCMP showed up and confiscated everyone's guns.
Daiviet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2009, 10:51   #14
iggim109

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daiviet View Post
We've been playing for YEARS, and never have the RCMP showed up and confiscated everyone's guns.
Well far as I know is that u could have black airsoft as long as red tip is shown. Isn't it??? It just pain in the ass to buy them
Old August 17th, 2009, 11:10   #15
Warlock

The red tip is a us law, The law here is different and look at what I`ve found:

According to the Canada Firearms Centre[1], airsoft guns that closely resemble real firearms are classified as replica firearms. Replica firearms are prohibited.

To be prohibited as a replica firearm, a device must closely resemble an existing make and model of firearm. If it looks like an antique firearm, as defined by the Criminal Code and Criminal Code Regulations, it is not prohibited.

The Canada Firearms Centre receives many enquiries from people wondering whether an imitation firearm would be considered a replica if it resembles a real firearm in many ways, but it is made of clear or brightly coloured plastic, or is much smaller in size.

Many of these devices need to be assessed case by case. As a general rule, however, those made out of clear plastic and those that are a lot smaller than the real firearm are not prohibited replicas. Those that are brightly coloured might be prohibited, depending on other features.
Possessing or Acquiring Replica Firearms

As an individual, you may keep any replicas that you owned on December 1, 1998. You do not need a licence to possess a replica firearm and it does not have to be registered. However, you cannot acquire, make or import a replica firearm. If you take a replica firearm out of Canada, you cannot bring it back in.

If you are a business, you may possess, acquire or import replica firearms only if you have a valid Firearms Business Licence that allows you to possess prohibited device for an approved purpose.

Top of Page
Lending or Borrowing Replica Firearms

You cannot sell or give a replica firearm to an individual or to an unlicensed business. However, you can lend a replica firearm to:

* a person who borrows it specifically to fulfill their duties or employment in a motion picture, television, video or theatrical or publishing activities; or
* a certified instructor who wants to use it to teach the Canadian Firearms Safety Course or the Canadian Restricted Firearm Safety Course.

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > Canadian Airsoft News Stand