Airsoft Canada
http://triggerairsoft.com/shop/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > Canadian Airsoft News Stand
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

TAKE AIM Airsoft Magazine comes to Canada!

:

Canadian Airsoft News Stand

Old March 21st, 2012, 13:32   #16
KheSan

Quote:
A good suggestion would be to make one into a PDF that can be downloaded from your site. Then people can sample your magazine. Many, myself included, will not risk an expensive subscription cost before see if the magazine is worth it!

You could also look at lowering you subscription costs by offering a digital version!
X2
KheSan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2012, 13:57   #17
PrIeSt
takagari

Send a message via MSN to PrIeSt Send a message via Skype™ to PrIeSt
As much as is love to sign up. At almost 10 bucks an issue. There's no savings on A subscription.
PrIeSt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2012, 12:37   #18
Imperial Airsoft

Thanks for the feedback everyone, we will work with Take Aim and see what options are on the table.
Imperial Airsoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2012, 12:42   #19
chadcushway

Send a message via Skype™ to chadcushway
Quote:
Originally Posted by KheSan View Post
X2
I am totally for an electronic version. Living in the sticks any subs that I used to have would arrive mangled. I have since changed almost totally over to electronic versions. This is way better and you get the mag as soon as the issue is released in pristine format. Did take me a bit to get used to reading this stuff on an iPad but it is worth it.

Primary:
Magpul Masada AKM

Secondary:
Thinking about it

chadcushway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2012, 12:54   #20
Crunchmeister

Interested, but I too think the subscription price outweighs the quantity of content you get. Even the $37 US price for US subscriptions is bordering on a bit steep for only 6 issues. Buying a single mag at a newsstand for $6, I'm ok with. Buying a subscription at the same price, not so much.
Old April 12th, 2012, 21:57   #21
Grizzly0679

First off nice job on the magazine. Good way to get this sport known.

Digital version is a great idea, I think. I'm not sure how to cut costs for a magazine and still keep the same margins though(maybe cheaper paper?).

Digital media is the way of the future, and social media even on top of that so catering to that market would be smart. People today definitely spend more time in front of screens than they do in local Magazine stores; I know because I'm an avid reader and I've seen all my favorite places close over the years, and having to diversify their products because selling magazines alone won't do.

A relevant anecdote. I remember working at a sporting good shop a long time ago and my boss was talking about the Bowflex and what a piece of shit it was, but we sold tons because people wanted it. Why? Bowflex didn't sell a lot because they were good, in fact most buyers of the demographic they were catering to tended to only use the machines seldomly once they had it(they turned into coat hangers as we'd say), and anyone with a good sense of athletic knowledge were usually buying higher end machines or free weights which are ultimately better. But Bowflex bought tons of advertising time on TV and shoved that product down all our throats to the point where I can just say the name and everyone knows what I mean. Kinda like the Slap Chop. It sucks. I've cut myself bad twice and eventually broke it on...wait for it...an onion. But even I thought it was the magic piece my kitchen was missing; the solution to all my time problems.

My point here is that we're a lazy society, always staring at screens in one form or another, and most us of don't have tons of expendable cash (especially with today's economy) so we're always looking for a good deal. Bowflex won by being affordable and easily available to people via phone call from your couch.. slumped over in a guilt-ridden position staring at your gut thinking, "I gotta get into shape"
Here we are again bro -just you and me. Same kind of moon same kind of jungle. Real number 10 remember? Whole platoon, 32 men chopped into meat... We walk out just you and me, nobody else. Right on top huh? Not a scratch... Not a fuckin' scratch... - Sgt.Mac, Predator
Grizzly0679 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2012, 02:48   #22
JerryMcGoulBerry

I got a copy at imperial. mostly American stuff Canadian dream of.
JerryMcGoulBerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2012, 10:34   #23
Imperial Airsoft

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryMcGoulBerry View Post
I got a copy at imperial. mostly American stuff Canadian dream of.
We totally hear you and we are looking for anyone wanting to submit content (Event Reviews, Team Profiles, Gear Reviews) from the East. Compensation will be provided in the form for free product or store credit.

PM us if you’re interested. This is a great opportunity to show other Canadians as well as our friends to the south what Airsoft is like here in Canada.

Last edited by Imperial Airsoft; June 21st, 2012 at 23:10..
Imperial Airsoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2012, 15:23   #24
Snipereagle

About time

Iam fairly new to the sport and love the fact we have a publication mag and look about forward to reeding my first addition.Chapters was mentioned as a retailor i hope so.Oh by the way does anybody know the situation about ording guns off line say airsplat or ehobby and are there any custom issues anymore.Iam sure i posted in the wrong spot but hey iam a new ill figure it out though and look forward to a match against your team ha ha my sons and i will prevail stay on target.
Snipereagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2012, 09:34   #25
PrIeSt
takagari

Send a message via MSN to PrIeSt Send a message via Skype™ to PrIeSt
Contacted about content but never heard back from you guys.
PrIeSt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2012, 03:59   #26
TotoHurteau

I paid 130$ for a year subscribtion + 1 special isssue to Airsoft International and take aim look pretty thin from the amount of content of the cover...
TotoHurteau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2012, 23:39   #27
SuperHog

I stopped buying any kind of magazines years ago, I find that the internet is more current.

So a digital format is also preferred.
SuperHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2013, 17:53   #28
paulm

Haven't been on this forum for a while. Noticed the thread for Take Aim magazine. I wonder if this is published by the very same guys who used to sell it for a short time here in the UK? And then disappeared taking with them a lot of subscriber's money!
paulm is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > Canadian Airsoft News Stand