Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Big boy needs big gear

:

Gear Discussion

Old August 2nd, 2014, 11:07   #1
Revoking

Big boy needs big gear

Hay need some help from everyone. I'm looking for a high quality molle tactical vest no china crap I have a tendency to destroy the cheap stuff the first Time I slide down a hill chest first like a penguin. I'm 6ft 6in 320lbs. And I'm having a hard time finding anything large enough. Any web links or suggestions appreciated. Looking for mostly tan based vest
Revoking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2014, 11:38   #2
xav1982

Big boy needs big gear

Lbt-6094C in coyote brown .... I'm around 290 a 6'4

They make 50% sales 2-3 times a year.... I paid mine around 330$ cdn at my door with the optional kangaroo pouch

Last edited by xav1982; August 2nd, 2014 at 11:41..
xav1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2014, 11:48   #3
Cliffradical
butthurt for not having a user title

I'm 6'3 and used to be over 300, so I feel your pain.

Best compromise between comfort and load bearing options I've found is running a 'recon' style chest rig and a battle belt
Check out the Tactical Tailor MAV (buckle/ split front version) for something real nice, alternatively Condor makes a few rigs in that style which land squarely in the 'good enough' category.
They're designed to sit high on your body (chest rig means chest), so crawling around is a lot easier.
Using a battle belt with it means you can carry all of your other crap on your hips which will be easier on your back over long games, and you just buy a pistol belt sized to fit and thread the 'battle belt' portion onto it.

Just be sure to wear that belt on top of your hips (old man pants height) and not under your gut or you'll be miserable.
Seriously, airsofters gotta pull up their damn pants.
*shakes fist, grumbles about kids these days*
Cliffradical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2014, 12:45   #4
Ricochet
How much sand CAN you fit in your vagina!?

We have a guy on our team who was a little shorter than you, but was bigger around. He wears a "proud brown" rig and seems to like it. Also companies like
Blackhawk make sized gear. 5.11 supply sells their rigs, maybe they make an XL. I can tell you the medium was a decent size. LBT is having a sale on right now actually, so check then out. Certain modern rigs have quick change cummerbunds, so there may options for you that way.
Old August 2nd, 2014, 14:09   #5
xav1982

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricochet View Post
We have a guy on our team who was a little shorter than you, but was bigger around. He wears a "proud brown" rig and seems to like it. Also companies like
Blackhawk make sized gear. 5.11 supply sells their rigs, maybe they make an XL. I can tell you the medium was a decent size. LBT is having a sale on right now actually, so check then out. Certain modern rigs have quick change cummerbunds, so there may options for you that way.

Lbt dont have xl choice in their actual sale ...
xav1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2014, 12:16   #6
Revoking

Thanks for the help I'll have to take a look into the tactical tailor chest rigs
Revoking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2014, 00:44   #7
WPJ

I'm about the size of you and the cpgear mofocr fits me like a glove...give it,a try if you don't think you are going to fit call them up ask for Paul and he can make sure there will be enough strapping and material there for you. I love my rig
WPJ is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Gear Discussion