Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Need advice on MP5's

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old April 14th, 2009, 12:33   #46
kalnaren

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crunchmeister View Post
I'd still get CA and then make it into the model I wanted...
Touché

Quote:
"Someone in a Prius tried to race me at a stop sign the other day. I couldn't believe it. I had him for the first 100 feet or so but I can only walk so fast."
kalnaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2009, 12:38   #47
Griffen
a.k.a {BDS} Veritas

Send a message via MSN to Griffen
oh may god these rails all look the same..hahaha

what tri rail or even single rail would fit an mp5 sd?

http://www.shoptics.com/leapers-rifl...amp-bases.html

Elite Force - Front Line Resolution - What's In Your Mag?
Griffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2009, 12:40   #48
Styrak

Send a message via MSN to Styrak
You'll need an MP5 "claw mount". They're specific for MP5's. And buy a cheap one from Ebaybanned or something. No point in buying an expensive real steel one.

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2009, 12:42   #49
Crunchmeister

Yeah, I'm 100% done with TM. Worthless IMO. Maybe a couple of years back, they were an awesome (albeit overpriced) alternative to the Chinese clones. But now that JG, Echo 1, etc are making such good quality guns, I'd much rather get one of those and spruce it up as I see fit... And it'll end up being a much better performing gun for less than a stock TM. With the base gun as a JG MP5-J, and all the upgrades, I paid about $700 for my gun in total, once I factored in all the extra parts I sold. And that's counting replacing the mechbox shell that cracked after 50k rounds (replaced with a Deepfire reinforced 7mm shell) and a set of Modify modular torque-up gears. And I still have the stock upper receiver and front end left over (no, not for sale in case any non-AV members get any ideas and decide to PM me...)

So starting with a TM or a CA, it would have cost me a lot more to get my gun to its current state than what I did with my gradual upgrades.
Old April 14th, 2009, 17:01   #50
Cheesevillage

bEST MOUNT EVAR:

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/guarder-mount-base-mp5.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by femina View Post
Okay, I recently went to art show. One of exhibit had huge panoramic canvas pictures of landscape photos taken with a digital camera. These pictures were nice and huge. The canvas was attached to a wooden stretcher frame for direct hanging on a wall without need for a frame. Do you know any more on this subject? Where can I go for additional information on this subject?
Cheesevillage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2009, 01:06   #51
Griffen
a.k.a {BDS} Veritas

Schwag got banned? What happened!!!!

Old April 15th, 2009, 07:43   #52
kalnaren

Why is it whenever someone gets banned some n00b freaks out?

Quote:
"Someone in a Prius tried to race me at a stop sign the other day. I couldn't believe it. I had him for the first 100 feet or so but I can only walk so fast."
Old April 15th, 2009, 08:30   #53
Griffen
a.k.a {BDS} Veritas

"OH MY GOD!!!!! WHERE IS HE???? WHAT AM I GONNA DO????" He was helping my with my gun... not a freak out just asking. Ive never seen a person banned yet. Sorry to set you off kalnaren.

Old April 15th, 2009, 09:31   #54
kalnaren

You didn't set me off.. it's just funny.

Quote:
Old April 15th, 2009, 09:43   #55
Crunchmeister

I'm guessing his banning had something to do with his posts in the "Can of worms" thread in the off-topic forum.
Old April 16th, 2009, 14:09   #56
Gravewolf

Im with crunchmeister on using a fullstock cause when i used the sliding stock on my mp5 it always ends up fully retracted. Having a full stock also balances the weight of the gun and i get to have a bigger battery installed for more playtime. Regarding the brand of mp5 that you should buy i would recommend either the new CYMA mp5's because its easy to disassemble or Jing Gong because of the parts compatibility with a lot of brands, plus they are both easy on the budget and the extra money you have left can be spent on upgrades, extra battery and mags. If externals are what you are after then get either the ICS or CA, either way all of these guns wont be the same anymore after some time cause you'll have to replace the internals one day. I mean can you still call a TM mp5 a TM if all of its internals aren't stock? Any of these brands are good (unless you get a lemon) and always get the metal bodied versions cause they will last longer. My unit is a JG mp5 navy and ive been using it with stock internals for 3 months, the only problem i encountered was the hop-up but that was an easy fix. So far the internals have held up cause ive been plinking daily and game during the weekend.

Last edited by Gravewolf; April 16th, 2009 at 14:10.. Reason: picture didnt show up
Gravewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2009, 02:38   #57
Griffen
a.k.a {BDS} Veritas

Do they sell the large mp5 mags with the real bullets on the outside magazine in Canada?

And 2end question what kinda battery should i be looking at for an out of the box MP5 SD5. the 8.4v or can i go up to a 9.?v or higher without hurting the guns internals?

Old April 18th, 2009, 10:15   #58
hebet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffen_1981 View Post
Do they sell the large mp5 mags with the real bullets on the outside magazine in Canada?

And 2end question what kinda battery should i be looking at for an out of the box MP5 SD5. the 8.4v or can i go up to a 9.?v or higher without hurting the guns internals?
Are you buying the JG SD5 forsure? And does it state that it's shooting 360FPS? Then you should be able to use a 9.6 just fiine. Metal bushings should already be installed. I'm not sure if a bearing spring guide would be installed, since I have never openned up a JG, but if you are shooting around 360, it's a good idea to install one. What is your plan with this gun, ROF, or high FPS?
Good idea to ask youself these things before you start buying all sorts of parts.
Old April 18th, 2009, 11:08   #59
Griffen
a.k.a {BDS} Veritas

Yeah is just arrived today. Its my 1st gun so i dont know tons about it. Out of the box its said to shoot 360FPS but i have not tested it. How would i tell about the bearing spring guide. Again i know very little but i think i would like to have a higher ROF then FPS on this gun. But im still charging the battery so its all very new to me.

Last edited by Griffen; April 18th, 2009 at 12:55..
Old April 18th, 2009, 12:55   #60
Griffen
a.k.a {BDS} Veritas

WOOOHOOO this thing rules. My girlfriends test fire hurts like a son of a bitch!!! I'm in love. Cant wait to get this thing fully charged up and in action.

ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion