Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Sniper rifle choice?

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old December 24th, 2005, 23:38   #16
yanhchan

Send a message via AIM to yanhchan Send a message via MSN to yanhchan
God just shut up before you get flame raped...and then this thread gets trashed....

Ask not what your country can do for you; ask what you can do for your country ~John F. Kennedy
yanhchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 24th, 2005, 23:40   #17
Bob the Angry Potato
*AV Status Suspended pending trade resolution*

Send a message via MSN to Bob the Angry Potato
He's asking you to stop giving advice that would make this guy waste his money, mm'kay? In the end, it isn't ruining the guy's post, and will probably save a few people from the same thing.
Old December 24th, 2005, 23:48   #18
gamer123
Banned

sumojoe14 asked for opinions on the 3 guns he listed, so obviously he's on a budget similar to many airsoft beginners. Even if superior guns like psg/svd/96 are suggested and their qualities are great, chances are sumojoe14 will be like that's cool, but probably go for the starter gun first to give airsoft a try.

True that I didn't actually own the gun. But did used my friends and read reviews on it. That was why I suggested the UTG out of those 3. If you guys have other suggestions for him, sure.
gamer123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 24th, 2005, 23:58   #19
yanhchan

Send a message via AIM to yanhchan Send a message via MSN to yanhchan
Dude why waste money on a UTG sniper rifle. When you can save up for a good one. If you don't like the good one you can at least have a pretty good resale value and a decent market to sell to. UTGs still have a long way to go before it is good enough to compete against Mauri however their AEG line up is ok. The Sniper Rifle has left much to be desired.

Ask not what your country can do for you; ask what you can do for your country ~John F. Kennedy
yanhchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 25th, 2005, 00:31   #20
sumojoe14

Not to seem rude but there seems to be more crap from gamer than helpin my situation. (thanks all who have helped though).

To answer greylocks I usually go half way if possible. I am usually satisfied with stuff that works, but it doesnt need to be top of the line. I have had good things with HFC so far, I have a M190 pistol and it works great. I might just end up going with the G- Spec though. I was wondering if anyone knows of a catch with the HFC USR-11. It seems to be an exact clone, except for the stock. I wouldnt mind buying the clone and dropping like $100 and have one that shoots in the 390 fps range. I dont really see a need to go to 500 fps or over 400fps at the present time.

Plus I'm not really cruel enough to shoot someone at that speed..that has to hurt. Anyways thanks for the help...anymore suggestions would be great. thanks.
sumojoe14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 25th, 2005, 00:42   #21
Bob the Angry Potato

Well, I've heard they are a perfect and equally upgradeable as the VSR, yet I wouldn't know. However, WGC actually agreed to stock them...
However, the VSR's a great bet. No need to cut corners when you can get the real deal.
Old December 25th, 2005, 00:57   #22
Freedom Fighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamer123
I'd choose the UTG one. It is around $100USD and you get bolt action sniper with rail and bipod and good fps. Heard many goods about it.
Your advice sucks so please keep it to yourself until you know what your actually talking about. I'd be interested to know where you heard so many good things about this gun, on second thought, don't bother. Please stop posting and pulling information out of your ass.

Thanks.
Old December 25th, 2005, 01:12   #23
Kane

Send a message via MSN to Kane
Gamer, shut the fuck up. When you've been playing for a few years, then you can talk like you are now. FF... thanks!
“You hear the far-off crack of a rifle, your fate finally registering in your subconscious far too late as the white hot bullet penetrates your skull. Another round slams into the chamber even as your lifeless body falls to the ground…”---Unknown sniper

“Invisible souls leave .308 holes.”----USMC Recon Sniper
Kane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 25th, 2005, 01:15   #24
Freedom Fighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane
Gamer, shut the fuck up. When you've been playing for a few years, then you can talk like you are now. FF... thanks!
No problem. I also banned that twit so until he sneaks back on under a new handle/email addy via a different IP, he will not be able to dispense any more of his shitty advice.

JOE
We don't like to post information that is so readily available on the net with a simple Google search but if I were you, and were to buy one of the three you mentioned I'd stick with quality. Quality being Mariu's VSR G-Spec.
Old December 25th, 2005, 01:24   #25
Bob the Angry Potato

Hmm... perhaps banning was a bit harsh, but it's all your decision. Perhaps a temp. ban or some warnings would have sufficed?
Actually, nah. He'd talked back, and been a general all-round asshole... forget it.
Anyways, most people up here, and pretty much anywhere, believe 'you get what you pay for'. Don't settle for less when, for a bit more, you could get something that'll last you a lot longer.
That's why up here, most retailers don't stock crap or starter-AEGs.
Old December 25th, 2005, 01:26   #26
Freedom Fighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob the Angry Potato
Hmm... perhaps banning was a bit harsh, but it's all your decision. Perhaps a temp. ban or some warnings would have sufficed?
Actually, nah. He'd talked back, and been a general all-round asshole... forget it.
He's been warned by many people, and not just by the mods. He got what was coming to him.
Old December 25th, 2005, 01:27   #27
Bob the Angry Potato

Ah, didn't know that... good job, then.
Old December 25th, 2005, 01:53   #28
BIGMEDCIN

WHEEEEW!!!!!!

Merry Christmas everyone.................

Buy the friggin VSR !!!!!!!!LOL
BIGMEDCIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 25th, 2005, 03:13   #29
Rumpel Felt

Send a message via MSN to Rumpel Felt
Buy what you like. All the well known brands (Maruzen, TM, erm can't think of any others) will juat have to be upgraded and eccesorized anyway. My L96 is great. Also, are the TM snipers plastic like everything else they make?
Rumpel Felt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 25th, 2005, 03:21   #30
Xepharo

-_-

I'd just save up for a Maruzen L96... and since you're in the States. You have the advantage of buying something cheaper compare to us in Canada.
Xepharo is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion