Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Roni Pistol Conversion kit for glocks.

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old January 15th, 2013, 13:00   #1
XxBatteryxX

Roni Pistol Conversion kit for glocks.

Has anyone used one of these? I was thinking about purchasing it. Is it worth it? Does it make the glock feel like a SMG or does it just feel awkward in your hands? does it wobble?

Also I hope this is in the right section of the forum :P If not then I apologize.

This, specifically, is what I'm talking about: http://torontoairsoft.3dcartstores.c...es_p_2565.html
XxBatteryxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2013, 13:27   #2
K3vX

Reviews are plentiful on Youtube about it. I personally like it's look, and it seemed solid.

I'll let actual owners answer more in-depth.
K3vX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2013, 21:17   #3
p.phresh

It's solid once your glock is in there. It really does feel like an SMG as well.

I used a Roni kit on my G19 and to be honest, it was pretty boring... the novelty wore off after a few games and I would always end up taking the glock out to play with instead.

The Roni kist is good only if you're planning to use a full auto glock in there... otherwise, it's just not that fun. The only good thing about running a semi auto glock in there is that you could conceal a longer inner barrel in the kit and it wouldn't look out of place.
p.phresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2013, 21:39   #4
coach
aka coachster

I run the Hera Arms kit myself with a TM G18C and a bunch of extended and standard mags, but I also kit up with a TM G17 so mags are interchangeable. Works well in CQB or for simply wanting to be light and quick. Range suffers outdoors a bit but not a huge issue.
coach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2013, 21:44   #5
Jagd
Jagdalex

IMO for cqb games, there is nothing better, but for having the true feeling of a sub machine gun you need to have a full auto capable pistol coupled with the Roni.

Personnaly I have an upgraded TM G18C with a Tanio Koba barrel and putting that in a Roni, with the stability that you get with the stock and a red dot sight = ownage on a cqb field. It is by far the best cqb set-up that I have ever tried. The fact that you have a stock on your Glock, makes a huge difference if your Glock was already really accurate, like mine! But you need to have a solid pistol first, the Roni gives you only increased stability with your shots, nothing more.
Old January 15th, 2013, 23:37   #6
Viperfish

I run a Roni kit all the time at TTAC with my TM G18.

Afew problems you will find right off the bat with most kits:

The pistol sits upwards in the kit, meaning you have you adjust your sights way down to compensate.

the front of your slide will sometimes smash up against the inside of the kit, if your using a metal slide this can be a problem. i just use the stock plastic slide and don't care about the damage.

There will be alight amount of wobble but it is nothing that bad.

It is recommended to upgrade your return and hammer spring to compensate for the added mass of the charging handle that's on the slide. otherwise you will find yourself getting stoppages.

if you want to be able to switch it from semi to auto on the fly (if using a g18) you will need to add a small dab of hot glue on the top portion of the selector so it never travels past the inside of the kit.

all of this being said, i love it. makes it lots of fun and the muzzle break on the end make it sound mean.

Its a great kit and always gets alot of looks.

WOLFPACK WP-32
Quote:
Originally Posted by GBBR View Post
If you ever go to a milsim and hear a vuvuzela, you are fucked.
Viperfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2013, 01:53   #7
Jagd
Jagdalex

Actually if your a bit of a handyman, you can easily dremel the part where you have the selector switch, I did a very clean job on mine and I am able to switch from semi to full auto np even with gloves and it is alot nicer than the hot glue trick

Last edited by Jagd; January 16th, 2013 at 01:56..
Jagd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2013, 09:42   #8
XxBatteryxX

I planned to use it in CQB with a full auto glock, but now I'm running into the problem that I cannot seem to find a good place to buy one online thats not $360 (definitely not paying that much damn money, plus 150 for the kit, plus mags, for a pistol). Anyone know any good places? The kit I was planning on buying from Toronto Airsoft but if there is a site that sells both a g18 and the kit, all the better!
XxBatteryxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2013, 10:06   #9
Jagd
Jagdalex

I suggest you buy the TM G18C, but I never saw a brand new one selling under $320. The WE G18C I think do also fit in the Kit TO Airsoft sells, but for upgrades possibility and general reliability I would save up for the TM G18C. I think TO sells the WE G18C too.
Old January 16th, 2013, 10:27   #10
Jimski

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagdalex View Post
IMO for cqb games, there is nothing better, but for having the true feeling of a sub machine gun you need to have a full auto capable pistol coupled with the Roni.

Personnaly I have an upgraded TM G18C with a Tanio Koba barrel and putting that in a Roni, with the stability that you get with the stock and a red dot sight = ownage on a cqb field. It is by far the best cqb set-up that I have ever tried. The fact that you have a stock on your Glock, makes a huge difference if your Glock was already really accurate, like mine! But you need to have a solid pistol first, the Roni gives you only increased stability with your shots, nothing more.
my forehead agrees
Old March 14th, 2013, 11:53   #11
DBN_tyrant

acm gear has the kits for a little less than Toronto airsoft! And there are a couple of full auto sidearms coming out this year, that i saw from shot show!
DBN_tyrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2013, 08:13   #12
Covax

I love the KWA Folding Pocket Gun myself. Yeah, the 18C’s ‘permanently in there’, and there’s no easy way to get the selector switch, but the collapsible profile makes it an unobtrusive backup gun.

Similar to coach I’ve got a regular KWA 18C as a sidearm for mag & parts compatibility.
Old March 22nd, 2013, 22:28   #13
twisted concept

Has anyone tried other Glocks other than TM inside the Roni kit?
twisted concept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2013, 13:40   #14
p.phresh

I put a KWA G19 in my Roni kit and it worked just fine.
p.phresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2013, 19:13   #15
Mikotech

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBN_tyrant View Post
acm gear has the kits for a little less than Toronto airsoft! And there are a couple of full auto sidearms coming out this year, that i saw from shot show!

Acm gear is in china.
So, its possible to import the kit right?
Just wondering!
Its a replica and not in a fps range legal to import because its 0 fps.
Google didn't gave me an answer on this so maybe someone here can confirm.

I would prefer to buy in Canada but i didn't find it at 150$ or less.
Found (in stock)at 223$ at a place that outrageously overprice their stuff.
So instead of buying there, i will order in china.

I really like this kit for the simplicity.
Mikotech is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion