Airsoft Canada
https://blackblitzairsoft.myshopify.com/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Official I hate Canada postal service thread!!!

:

General

Closed Thread

Old July 27th, 2015, 14:18   #1126
beta678
ASC's navel of the year!

Send a message via MSN to beta678
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danke View Post
All the tracking dates are just estimates.

It's not always real time CSI style enhance and follow the GPS bug.
I know, but still humorous.

Stuff should come into today hopefully, though I can't put any of it to use since the they're all for my optic, which is god knows where at this point...
Old July 27th, 2015, 15:45   #1127
FirestormX

I don't see anything stating it arrived on the 21st. That's the estimated delivery date.

I'm not pointing this out to be a dick though. However, I do want to explain to people that pretty much any "estimated delivery date" that major shipping companies put up with their tracking results, is the ETA based on the date it was shipped. It is not the ETA based on the current date.
Old July 27th, 2015, 15:55   #1128
RainyEyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirestormX View Post
I don't see anything stating it arrived on the 21st. That's the estimated delivery date.

I'm not pointing this out to be a dick though. However, I do want to explain to people that pretty much any "estimated delivery date" that major shipping companies put up with their tracking results, is the ETA based on the date it was shipped. It is not the ETA based on the current date.

The estimated delivery date has already passed but it is still posted as the delivery date. Therefore, Canada post has time traveling powers to go back and deliver it in the past.

Just a quirk on their website where they should have updated the ETA to a future date.
Old July 27th, 2015, 16:51   #1129
FirestormX

I guess it didn't jump out at me, because I work in the shipping industry. It's like if someone said "hah, look at that jeep, it's got a fifth wheel attached to it's rear gate! Is it expecting to drive at a 90 degree angle?!"

It's not a quirk. That is on purpose. In the shipping industry, the estimated delivery date is based on the date it was shipped, not on the current date. Things would get messy if the ETA was constantly revised.

A "revised estimated delivery date" may make things less confusing to a consignee. But if your shipment is already outside of your expected delivery window, it's not always feasible to give a new ETA.
Old July 29th, 2015, 13:55   #1130
Datawraith

Why does this happen?

Not Canada Post, but USPS cause parts from the States.

I ordered a piston for my KC02 and so it got shipped around the US a bit before coming up to Pearson Airport in Toronto - fine and good.

Then it decides to get shipped back down to Florida... Why?! It was already here in Toronto...

SMH

Anybody know if the postal service ever makes things work logically?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg USPS.jpg (146.3 KB, 34 views)
Old July 29th, 2015, 14:49   #1131
beta678
ASC's navel of the year!

Send a message via MSN to beta678
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirestormX View Post
I guess it didn't jump out at me, because I work in the shipping industry. It's like if someone said "hah, look at that jeep, it's got a fifth wheel attached to it's rear gate! Is it expecting to drive at a 90 degree angle?!"

It's not a quirk. That is on purpose. In the shipping industry, the estimated delivery date is based on the date it was shipped, not on the current date. Things would get messy if the ETA was constantly revised.

A "revised estimated delivery date" may make things less confusing to a consignee. But if your shipment is already outside of your expected delivery window, it's not always feasible to give a new ETA.
I understand how it works, I've worked shipping in the past as well, but just sharing it for a laugh so don't tak things too seriously. The ETA date actually never showed up until it arrived in Richmond on the 24th, which is why it caught my attention in the first place.

Everything arrived safe and sound so I'm relatively happy. Just waiting on my ever elusive optic...
Old August 3rd, 2015, 00:21   #1132
Sputmilk

I can only assume that it's customs, but I ordered a tactical slide for my TM HK45 from CRW on July 11th and I still haven't gotten a tracking number or anything.
Old August 11th, 2015, 18:54   #1133
sixb0nes

*grumble*

Not that it's super late, just that I've had two items make it to me in half the time in the same period, from out West. Joy.

Old August 11th, 2015, 20:31   #1134
Ecks

I ordered a couple of mags from AirsoftParts.ca recently. Checked the tracking info on Friday, said it was in my mail box. Go and check, see the key open the parcel compartment. No parcel. WTF! Went to the outlet, they confirmed it was out, told her what happened, she didn't seem surprised. Gave me a number called yesterday. Made a complaint. Today it got there. This is what my taxes are going towards. No thanks. At least I did get my items without too much fuss. I don't need any more of that in my life.
Old August 11th, 2015, 23:09   #1135
RainyEyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecks View Post
I ordered a couple of mags from AirsoftParts.ca recently. Checked the tracking info on Friday, said it was in my mail box. Go and check, see the key open the parcel compartment. No parcel. WTF! Went to the outlet, they confirmed it was out, told her what happened, she didn't seem surprised. Gave me a number called yesterday. Made a complaint. Today it got there. This is what my taxes are going towards. No thanks. At least I did get my items without too much fuss. I don't need any more of that in my life.
You mean the mailman is failing to do his job, his ONE JOB of delivering mail from point A to point B? It's literally his one job to get your mail to your designated place of delivery... It's egregious that domestic parcels are being flopped on, let alone international.

Why was "she" not surprised?
Old August 11th, 2015, 23:24   #1136
Styrak

Send a message via MSN to Styrak
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sputmilk View Post
I can only assume that it's customs, but I ordered a tactical slide for my TM HK45 from CRW on July 11th and I still haven't gotten a tracking number or anything.
How is that related to Canada Post?

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Old August 12th, 2015, 22:20   #1137
Sputmilk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Styrak View Post
How is that related to Canada Post?
Thought maybe the site didn't have tracking and they just sent it out. I've had that happen before. Turns out the guy just never told me it was out of stock.
Old August 12th, 2015, 22:27   #1138
Danke

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainyEyes View Post
You mean the mailman is failing to do his job, his ONE JOB of delivering mail from point A to point B? It's literally his one job to get your mail to your designated place of delivery... It's egregious that domestic parcels are being flopped on, let alone international.

Why was "she" not surprised?
Quote:
So for about the tenth time. A lot of online tracking is not real time. It's predictive based on where it's coming from and where it's going.

There are no Mission Impossible style GPS tags in the stamps feeding the location back to Canada Post's Tactical Operations Center.
Old August 12th, 2015, 23:54   #1139
RainyEyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danke View Post
So for about the tenth time. A lot of online tracking is not real time. It's predictive based on where it's coming from and where it's going.

There are no Mission Impossible style GPS tags in the stamps feeding the location back to Canada Post's Tactical Operations Center.
Quote:
I ordered a couple of mags from AirsoftParts.ca recently. Checked the tracking info on Friday, said it was in my mail box.
We're not talking about ETA, we're talking about CONFIRMED PARCEL DELIVERY according to the tracking info.

So for the first time, please read before defending something that was an obvious fuck-up.

I've never had a parcel that was marked as "delivered" until AFTER the mailman came to my house, and after an hour or two it gets updated. There is absolutely NO reason for Canada Post to mark something as delivered BEFORE it's even been put out.

AFAIK, CP DOES have frequent updates that are close to real-time, but it's usually an hour or two delay which is reasonable.
Old August 13th, 2015, 00:54   #1140
redzaku

i had the same thing happened to me, apparently they have limited amount of machines to scan the barcodes to confirm that it has been delivered, so they do it at the shipping centre and then they deliver it
За Родину!
BRRRRRT!
Closed ThreadTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General