-Safe mode does nothing
7) Rounds fired between failures
-1 bag fired and no problems so far
8) Changes to Internals and Externals
-Paint it black
9) Resale Date and Value if applicable.
-None
10)Comments
-It got dropped once as did the mag on a separate occasion and cracked, a layer of glue fixed that right up afterwards

Last edited by Mr.Kriszpy; September 10th, 2007 at 20:47..
Mr.Kriszpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2007, 03:41   #197
WolfDragon

TM P90 TR

1) Make and Model
-- TM P90 TR - Same as RD in design
2) Date Purchased
3) Cost
-- 250USD - Gun Only
4) New/Used?
-- New
5) Mechanical Problems
-- Shredded Upgraded Piston, ROF too high, changed piston and spring to current state
6) Aesthetic Problems
-- None
7) Rounds Fired Between Failures
-- Stock - 8,000+ No Failure, Current Upgrade - EDIT "Now 30,000+ no issue"
8) Changes to Internals
-- Systema Magnum, Prometheus High Speed Gears, Systema 130 Spring, Prometheus V2/3 Piston (2nd tooth 1mm deck trim), Metal Bushings, MOSFET Trigger
9) Resale Date and Value
-- N/A
10) Comments
-- This started as my CQB gun but is now tuned for dense woodland play. The sound this gun makes with the heavy piston and spring is very unnerving for the enemy, provided they are about 5 meters away and the normal gear whine can't be heard. Looking for another entire mechbox so I can have a drop in to play CQB or Woodland.

Additional Unique Upgrade:
The hicap magazines have a block that slides to feed the loader, putting a magnet in this slide and a magnetic reed switch in the gun itself combined with a LED, RS Latch, and a couple other electronic components... the gun now has a low ammo indicator. I have yet to find another gun that can do this let alone someone else who has done it.

Last edited by WolfDragon; November 9th, 2007 at 00:43.. Reason: Rounds between failure update
WolfDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2007, 00:07   #198
incrediboy729

Send a message via AIM to incrediboy729 Send a message via Yahoo to incrediboy729
Make and Model:
WE Full Metal 1911 Tactical Single Stack Latest Edition
Date Purchased:
5/13/2007
New/Used:
New
Cost:
$110
Mechanical Problems:
(1)Not sure what is wrong, but it will fire REALLY hard, then get weaker and weaker until the slide cannot blow back. Cock it, then it repeats the process.
(2) Slide wouldn't lock back, but eventually the slide catch wore down, so now it works.
(3) Screws come loose/off a LOT.
(4) Magazines expand until it gets really hard to get into the gun.
(5) A part inside of the gun just plane snapped in 2.
Aesthetic Problems:
Paint will come off at the edges of the gun.
Rounds Fired Between failures:
Besides the high/low power thing, none.
Changes to internals:
None
Resale Date and Value:
No Resale; Value--75?
Comments:
This gun is crap. A pain in the neck that will take countless hours of your time trying to fix it. However, after reading forums, I think I was just unlucky.
When it does actually work (which is rarely), it is fun to shoot.

Last edited by incrediboy729; December 22nd, 2007 at 00:33.. Reason: Yet More Problems!!! Whoo hooooo!!!
incrediboy729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2007, 20:28   #199
Scarheart

1) Make and Model
-- Classic army SAR Tartik II rifle
2) Date Purchased
-- August 07
3) Cost
4) New/Used?
-- New
5) Mechanical Problems
-- weak battery wire plug in stock. Wobbly foregrip
6) Esthetic Problems
-- None
7) Rounds Fired Between Failures
-- After approx. 8000rnds tappet plate fails to stay connected to nozzle.
8) Changes to Internals
-- Will be upgrading with reinforced tappet plates pistons springs and barrel shortly.
9) Resale Date and Value
-- Not Sold (keeping this puppy till i leave airsoft)
Scarheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2007, 21:13   #200
Falcon_MB

Send a message via MSN to Falcon_MB
1) Manufacturer, Model Name (name of weapon on box, and weapon replicated if different from model name)
- KJW M92F Elite

2) Date Obtained
- January 2003

3) Initial Cost
- $100

4) New or Used
- Used

5) Mechanical Problems (Gearbox issues, hopup issues.. basically functional performance related -- supply date of issue)
- Broken trigger spring

6) Esthetic Problems (Paint damage, cracks in body, loose parts.. physical construction related -- supply date of issue)
- Slight wear around bottom of magazine and around back of trigger.

7) Rounds fired between failures (think how many bags of BB's used before it failed. If no failure, list rounds fired up to this point)
- Has not failed. Broken trigger return spring at approximately 200 shots.

8) Changes to Internals and Externals (upgrades, mods, dates)
- None

-

10)Notes and Comments (Optional)
- Great pistol, apparently the trigger spring is a very common broken part. Otherwise the pistol has been banged around and used as a field weapon for a long time. Pistol still functions without the trigger spring.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

1) Manufacturer, Model Name (name of weapon on box, and weapon replicated if different from model name)
- Tokyo Marui G3 SG1

2) Date Obtained
- June 2002

3) Initial Cost
- $650

4) New or Used
- Used

5) Mechanical Problems (Gearbox issues, hopup issues.. basically functional performance related -- supply date of issue)
- No performance issues.

6) Esthetic Problems (Paint damage, cracks in body, loose parts.. physical construction related -- supply date of issue)
- CA Metal body throughout. Cracked at the front near the front sight. Doest not affect gun performance and is solid due to placement of the front sling pin. Pin that holds onto the cocking leaver is fairly loosely set and can potentially fall out.

7) Rounds fired between failures (think how many bags of BB's used before it failed. If no failure, list rounds fired up to this point)
- Has not failed.

- Upgrades: 170% PDI Spring, CA Torque up gears, systema cylinder and piston approximately August 2002. Upgraded to Madbull PSG1 tight bore barrel and silencer to cover extended length May 2006.

-

- I've owned this gun for a long time and is my primary weapon. Shooting just shy of 400FPS with upgraded internals it has seen approximately 40,000BB's fired without flaw. Pistol grip has very slight discoloration but is probably due to deet exposure over an extended period of time now.
Old October 21st, 2007, 15:45   #201
your-pastor

-Crossman c11
2) Date Obtained
-april/07
3) Initial Cost
-around 50 bux
4) New or Used
-new
-none
-i droped the mag and now it has a paint scratch
-has not faild me yet
-none
-id sell for 30 if i needed the cash
-it will misfire if you squweeze the trigger to slowly, it shoots around 400 with a new c02, and has mount for lazer, i installed a walther lazer sight.
Old October 24th, 2007, 00:56   #202
Azriel_Strife

Send a message via MSN to Azriel_Strife
- Aftermath "Kraken" AK-47

2) Date Obtained
- May 2007

3) Initial Cost
- $159

4) New or Used
- New

- None, This gun works flawlessly as long as you keep the receiver lubricated. (gearbox/piston is a CM.02 from CYMA)

- Magazine release latch pin popped out once, Glued back in no more issues.

- 10000 rounds, no issues

- Put tape on end of barrel to stop front sight from rattling, Put loctite on barrel to keep it from turning and making the front sight slanted.

- N/A.

10) Notes and Comments (Optional)
- I love this gun, Aftermath really made a great product.

Last edited by Azriel_Strife; October 24th, 2007 at 01:03..
Azriel_Strife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2007, 01:03   #203
Moz

- MP7A1 springer. Shuang MA

2) Date Obtained
Oct 24 07

3) Initial Cost

4) New or Used
New

the vert grip doesnt lock, the red dot is just a laser pointer with flashing LED, the flashlight had a piece of plastic stuck inside the lens, the magazine lack pin fell out, and it caused global warming.

MADE IN CHINA

I accidentally fed 5 bbs into it and they slammed fired out at 3 fps

I put some tape onto the inside of the vert grip hinge to make it stiffer and it did nothing.

-OVER 9000!!!
Moz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2007, 17:34   #204
snipe_your_ass

1) Manufacturer, Model Name
jg m4a1
2) Date Obtained
spring 07
3) Initial Cost
$342
4) New or Used
Brand new
5) Mechanical Problems (Gearbox issues, hopup issues.. basically functional performance related)
the gear box cracked
6) Esthetic Problems (Paint damage, cracks in body, loose parts.. physical construction related)
stock and barrel wobble
7) Rounds fired between failures (think how many bags of BB's used before it failed)
7000 rounds before falier
8) Changes to Internals (upgrades, dates)
none
summer 07 $10
snipe_your_ass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2007, 14:01   #205
KaneLupis

Send a message via ICQ to KaneLupis Send a message via AIM to KaneLupis Send a message via MSN to KaneLupis Send a message via Yahoo to KaneLupis
Tokyo Marui Desert Eagle (New Gen) Black (same as chrome)
AKA, heavy weight, hi power

2) Date Obtained
Oct of 2005

3) Initial Cost
$300

4) New or Used
Used (mint)

After close to a year of use, the slide catch notch on the plastic slide began to wear, such that the slide catch level would sometimes slip out of the notch if the mag was not pushed in. As this started to happen, the notch rapidly deteriorated (because it was chipping away at the remaining notch). Solution was to file the notch straight again which resulted in a the slide locking a little forward, but still worked.

No esthetic problems.

Approx 3000 from me before problem started

No changes, all parts stock. However, 2nd magazine that I used was a chrome one though identical to the black one.

Sold for about $250.

Converted to full auto for a little while before returning to stock. Frabricated a notchless trigger bar from sheet metal to do this. Functioned better than expected on full auto. Heavy recoil was fun. Did this for about 1000 rounds without any problems. Noticed slightly more useage of gas when operating at full auto such that I could only get a mag and a half on auto. Mag freeze was a major problem (obviously)

Also propane gas was used since I got it both on semi and and full auto. No damage noticed from use of this gas.
Old November 6th, 2007, 14:21   #206
KaneLupis

Send a message via ICQ to KaneLupis Send a message via AIM to KaneLupis Send a message via MSN to KaneLupis Send a message via Yahoo to KaneLupis
KSC Glock 26c (compact full auto with selector)

2) Date Obtained

3) Initial Cost
$250 + $50 for 50rnd magazine

4) New or Used
New from then Airsoft Atlanta
Was scared it wouldn't cross the border. But it did.

About 2000 rounds, gun started to deteriorate in performance. Mostly due to gap that was increasing between mag and gas chamber. This is because of wear on the plastic mag catch and the heavy 50 rnd magazine. I ordered a steel catch, but APEC got it wrong and gave me a TM glock 26 one instead. After a litle modification got it in. Worked well in reducing the problem significantly. Some more thousand rounds after that, and the seal inside the gas chamber started to go. Didn't do anything for that.

None. when I got it new. Though, because this is the US version, all trade marks were erased or missing.

Started to notice at 1000 and at 2000 replaced mag catch. 2000-4000 slow deterioration due to gas chamber seal.

Steel mag catch.

Sold it for about $200.

Very nice little gun. Liked doing bursts on full auto. Propane used after 2000 rounds. Highly possible it contributed to the seal wear.
Old November 6th, 2007, 14:36   #207
KaneLupis

KWC Desert Eagle One of their original Models

2) Date Obtained

3) Initial Cost
$100

4) New or Used
Used

None when I got it. Some 5000 rounds fired through this myself. Gradual and consistent deterioration to gas economy, performance, slide recoil. This is likely attributed to both the use of propane gas (started at some 2000 rounds) and the wear on the mag catch. Mag catch I was metal, but was tiny. Mag was large and heavy, so eventually, I had to push up on the mag to get the slide to even cycle the next round. Switching to propane at 2K rounds solved for performance issued for a little bit, but the gradual deterioration set it a little faster to the point where regular duster didn't to jack all.

None when I got it. Turned silver... then black.. then silver again.. But... uh... it melted...I'll get into that later

Full auto modification. This is the gun I wrote the Unconventional Airsoft's full auto mod on.

Not resold. Meltdown occured.

Full auto mod was achieved by frabricating a notchless trigger connecting bar or using a paperclip. This was done early on and I didn't keep it for long. So at about 8000 rounds, the gun was reduced to a melted piece of junk.

This all started when at about 2000 rounds I decided I wanted a silver DE. So I sprayed it silver using canadian tire spray paint. Paint felt sticky and wouldn't stay on the gun, so I wiped it down with thinner and basically turned it black again. interestingly, this created an very cool pattern as the silver remained in the various scratches all around the gun resulting in a cool wear effect (like there was metal underneath the black paint, but in actuality it was black plastic with silver in the grooves of the scratches). After a long time black I turned it back in to silver again at 7000 rounds using a different paint, like engine paint. But still, the paint felt sticky. Due to the way the paint is designed to set at a certain heat. I stuck the gun into an oven with a mild 90 degrees. Apparently, the cheap plastic melted and the frame was a twisted piece of junk. Strangely, upper slide was unscathed.
Old November 6th, 2007, 18:27   #208
conrad13

Send a message via MSN to conrad13
-TSD/SRC M16

2) Date Obtained
-Friday 09 February, 2007

3) Initial Cost
-$400 + shipping

4) New or Used
-New

5) Mechanical Problems
-Hopup unit leaks like a sieve.

6) Esthetic Problems
-Front hand guard has a little looseness. Delta ring needed tightening

-Replaced spring with KM 1.4J (120M). Piston and piston head replaced with lightly used TM. Hopup replaced with G&P metal one piece unit. Replaced barrel with a Mad Bull 6.03mm Tightbore Barrel - 509mm.

-NA
Old November 7th, 2007, 09:10   #209
Syphen

TM AK Beta Spetz

2) Date Obtained
Oct 2005

3) Initial Cost
$475

4) New or Used
New

5) Mechanical Problems
None

6) Esthetic Problems
Stock and handgrip have gone mirror-like shiny with use.

N/A 25,000 rounds give or take so far, trouble free.

Systema M100 spring with Systema Area 1000 bushings

NA

Sponsored by Boland Howe: Cause Scheisse Happens
www.bolandhowe.com

Last edited by Syphen; November 7th, 2007 at 09:25..
Syphen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2007, 09:13   #210
Syphen

TM AK47

2) Date Obtained
Dec 2005

3) Initial Cost
$500

4) New or Used
New

5) Mechanical Problems
None

6) Esthetic Problems
Stock broke off, grip broke off. Replaced with Guarder AK47 Woodkit.

Tens of thousands until stock and grip broke off. I suspect it was due to cold temperatures, over tightened screws and stress from hard gaming that broke the plastic furniture.

Guarder SP100 spring, guarder bushings. Guarder AK47 wood kit.

NA

Sponsored by Boland Howe: Cause Scheisse Happens
www.bolandhowe.com
Syphen is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion