Airsoft Canada
http://triggerairsoft.com/shop/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Sequential's *EPIC* Custom Infinity/2011 Build!

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old September 17th, 2014, 19:23   #31
hawai

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sequential View Post
You have a good mid-frame, that is the advance frame which has the small box inside for the hammer internals. Be-careful when installing the thumb safety. Do not put the left side in yet. Put the right side in first and see if it works. If it works fine loosely then proceed installing the left side. I recall this is an issue, I can ask my friend in Hong Kong about it and let you know how to fix it.
Thanks man ! I think i have forgotten one rule , always use all the parts from the hammer set, but the hammer set has a different sear. Much longer and thinner then the sear from the advanced small hammer box. I have put all the parts next to each other to compare :

[IMG][/IMG]

So i have been looking around at the online shop, were i got these parts from and it seems they sell hammer sets which includes the same sear as from the advanced small hammer box (Steel Hammer for Marui 1191 ??)

http://www.prog4.com/db/product-show.asp?refno=AR1607

I quess there would be a reason why this hammer is sold with another sear.
I tried a Tokyo Marui Hi Capa hammer and it fits a little bit better. I think the hammer set that i bought is not compatible with this box. I have already mailed the shop owner with all the part numbers which i bought from his shop, but he thought that my RIGHT tumb safety was blocking the whole Tumb safety and adviced me to sand the Right tumb

I will mail him these finding to now, let hope this is just an incompatibility problem. I am also curious about your friend in HK
hawai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2014, 23:18   #32
Sequential

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawai View Post
Thanks man ! I think i have forgotten one rule , always use all the parts from the hammer set, but the hammer set has a different sear. Much longer and thinner then the sear from the advanced small hammer box. I have put all the parts next to each other to compare :
So i have been looking around at the online shop, were i got these parts from and it seems they sell hammer sets which includes the same sear as from the advanced small hammer box (Steel Hammer for Marui 1191 ??)
I quess there would be a reason why this hammer is sold with another sear.
I tried a Tokyo Marui Hi Capa hammer and it fits a little bit better. I think the hammer set that i bought is not compatible with this box. I have already mailed the shop owner with all the part numbers which i bought from his shop, but he thought that my RIGHT tumb safety was blocking the whole Tumb safety and adviced me to sand the Right tumb
I will mail him these finding to now, let hope this is just an incompatibility problem. I am also curious about your friend in HK
I'd say forget about the set you are using and buy an actual hammer set from ProHandGun http://www.prohandgun.com/ and not Prog4.
I have perfect luck with those parts, they were drop in and working perfectly.
Perhaps your sear is a trouble one. My contact in Hong Kong which is part owner of these brands said your sear which is different than mine is for 1911 and NOT Hi-Capa.
So you must use the correct sear.

Regarding the thumb safety, sanding it down is something I have not yet to hear about. My contact said try not to do so much modifications on the actual thumb safety piece since it is very weak and you might damage it. (expensive part).
Old September 18th, 2014, 04:46   #33
hawai

Quote:
I'd say forget about the set you are using and buy an actual hammer set from ProHandGun http://www.prohandgun.com/ and not Prog4.
I have perfect luck with those parts, they were drop in and working perfectly.
Perhaps your sear is a trouble one. My contact in Hong Kong which is part owner of these brands said your sear which is different than mine is for 1911 and NOT Hi-Capa.
So you must use the correct sear.

Regarding the thumb safety, sanding it down is something I have not yet to hear about. My contact said try not to do so much modifications on the actual thumb safety piece since it is very weak and you might damage it. (expensive part).
Thanks for the confirmation ! The sales person of Prog4 has send me a picture of 2 different sears, one is from the 1911 and the other one is a Hi Capa. As you can see below in this pictures, the installation pin is different

The Conversion Kit i bought is called AR2104 Product name: Conversion kit for Marui 5.1. As you can see in the picture, the included sears looks the same as a 1911 sear and it is impossible (looking to the pin and hole construction) to use the Hi Capa sears, which are included with the Hi Capa hammer sets from Prog4 or Prohandgun.

Can i assume that i have a frame box which only accepts 1911 sears ?

ps : sorry that i pollute your Epic gun thread if my problem is solved, i will copy the outcome into mine topic for archive google reference
Old September 18th, 2014, 10:57   #34
Sequential

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawai View Post
Thanks for the confirmation ! The sales person of Prog4 has send me a picture of 2 different sears, one is from the 1911 and the other one is a Hi Capa. As you can see below in this pictures, the installation pin is different

The Conversion Kit i bought is called AR2104 Product name: Conversion kit for Marui 5.1. As you can see in the picture, the included sears looks the same as a 1911 sear and it is impossible (looking to the pin and hole construction) to use the Hi Capa sears, which are included with the Hi Capa hammer sets from Prog4 or Prohandgun.

Can i assume that i have a frame box which only accepts 1911 sears ?

ps : sorry that i pollute your Epic gun thread if my problem is solved, i will copy the outcome into mine topic for archive google reference
Here is my sear from the Airsoft Surgeon GRP Nighthawk, it is similar to your sear that came with the mid-frame. So I guess that's the only kind that works for the advanced frame. I can confirm with you the Tokyo Marui sear only works with the Tokyo Marui style frames. The advance frame from Prog4/Surgeon require that new style type sear.

You probably need a sear which is from an Airsoft Surgeon kit. Notice it has a hole for you to place the hollow rod in-between.

Last edited by Sequential; September 18th, 2014 at 11:01..
Sequential is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2014, 12:46   #35
p0nch3

That limcat custom slide is really bad ass, too bad it's sold out
p0nch3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2014, 15:12   #36
Sequential

Quote:
Originally Posted by p0nch3 View Post
That limcat custom slide is really bad ass, too bad it's sold out
+1!!!
Old September 18th, 2014, 21:17   #37
GR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmodus View Post

...Oh my. Oh my indeed.
Even though I'm not a Hi-Capa guy, I have the same reaction ^^
GR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2014, 11:26   #38
hawai

Quote:
Here is my sear from the Airsoft Surgeon GRP Nighthawk, it is similar to your sear that came with the mid-frame. So I guess that's the only kind that works for the advanced frame. I can confirm with you the Tokyo Marui sear only works with the Tokyo Marui style frames. The advance frame from Prog4/Surgeon require that new style type sear.

You probably need a sear which is from an Airsoft Surgeon kit. Notice it has a hole for you to place the hollow rod in-between.
Thanks for the usefull info, now that i can see that this type of sear is not only for the 1911 (and looks like a sear in a 1911 hammer set) or the advanced Hi capa 5.1 frames, i will stick to the sear included with the frame.

Now the contactperson from Prog4 told me that there are no differences between the Marui 1911 or Marui hi-capa 5.1 hammers. I can try the following parts :

- try an Hi Capa 5.1 Airsoft Surgeon hammers set or only the hammer, see if there's really no mm difference.

- try fitting another set tumb safety.

Luckily enough i have also an orginal TM Hi-Capa 5.1. I have tried to fit the original TM Hi Capa Tumb Safety in the advanced frame. It fits and i can turn the safety on and off with a little more effort !

Aside of that, i tried installing the ''GunSmithBrothers" tumb safety on my orginal TM Hi-Capa 5.1 and it fits and most important, i can also turn the tumb safety off/on with a little more effort.

So i can conclude so far that the left tumb safety nub is possibly a little bit bigger then the original TM tumb safety.

I think i still stick to this parts exchange but then of course the next surprise

The whole receiver part is installed and looks fine and the hammers goes full cock en de-cocks fine after pulling the trigger.

So i decided to put the slide on it, reload it for the first time and shoot it.
Unfortunately i have another problem. When i load (full cock) the gun manually with the slide installed, there's seems such pressure on the firing pin, hammer, sear, disconnector etc, that when i remove the grip safety to trouble shoot, i see a little movement up and down on the sear during the slide pull. At this stage the disconnector moves down and the sear moves, because of the movement of the hammer from uncook to full cock (correct me if i am wrong)

After this process it seems that the part of the sear where the part of the disconnector have to overlay each other to make it work to shoot.

(pull the trigger, trigger bow presses against the under disconnector arm, the left part of the disconnector arm, presses the sear up and the sear arm uncocks the hammer to activate the firing pin) Sorry, i am just quoting myself to understand the inner workings )

Is not correct connected. It's hard to see it. The left part of the disconnector arm is by a micro mm or something like that next to the sear horizontally. If i press the disconnector with a toothpick on the right side, where the right sear spring finger is resting on, then it will lock and load !

Looking to the sear spring arms, the middle finger is resting against the sear and the right finger is resting to the disconnector arm with i think enough tension. What would be the best thing to do, to fine tune this part ? Giving more pressure on the right sear spring finger of less pressure on the middle sear spring finger on the sear ?

I don't have this problem, when i full cock the hammer with my finger manually with the slide not installed (so the pins are not undergoing pressure from the slide.)

If i look to your photo, is it correct that on the right side of the sear (between the disconnector) i see some filling modification, because it's not black coloured ?

Last edited by hawai; September 19th, 2014 at 11:33..
Old September 22nd, 2014, 03:06   #39
Sequential

When tuning the sear spring, what you want to do is first pull back on the middle arm first then pull back on the right arm. Then it should improve the sensitivity of the trigger.
Regarding the sear, I saw your post on the other thread. Glad you can fix the problem. I have had no problems with the Nova safety pieces, they are a bit stiff in the beginning but after a few times it's fine. Post some pictures of your build when you get a chance!
Old September 22nd, 2014, 13:41   #40
hawai

Quote:
When tuning the sear spring, what you want to do is first pull back on the middle arm first then pull back on the right arm. Then it should improve the sensitivity of the trigger.
Regarding the sear, I saw your post on the other thread. Glad you can fix the problem. I have had no problems with the Nova safety pieces, they are a bit stiff in the beginning but after a few times it's fine. Post some pictures of your build when you get a chance!
Thanks for the tip, i have ordered them too ! Maybe they will arrive with another Steel Outer Barrel i ordered.

I will post two of my 'builds' and a parts list when they are finished with the right parts. I have learned a lot the last couple of months. Luckily enough i would swamp and use parts between builds, but there are compatibility issues between different outer barrels, hop up bases, hammers, frames and grips, magazines :banghead:
Old October 17th, 2014, 15:00   #41
Sequential

What does one do on Friday? The best day of the week?
Clearly, some TLC with the handguns. Pro-Win Fridaysss.
Hand-polished and buffed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmIfpXcWpb8

Last edited by Sequential; October 18th, 2014 at 03:04..
Sequential is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2014, 15:20   #42
BioRage

Send a message via Skype™ to BioRage
Now to make your bbs shine.

:P
BioRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2014, 16:05   #43
Sequential

Quote:
Originally Posted by BioRage View Post
Now to make your bbs shine.