Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Tippmann M4 Carbine Airsoft?

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old February 24th, 2014, 23:20   #16
TJX

WE DID IT! We WON! TIPPMANN finally sees which "milsim" sport is the best!
TJX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2014, 00:19   #17
-=ArchAngel=-

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJX View Post
WE DID IT! We WON! TIPPMANN finally sees which "milsim" sport is the best!
um okay? O.o
Tippmann decided to expand their customer base...... yea thats a real win.............

Last edited by -=ArchAngel=-; February 25th, 2014 at 00:26..
-=ArchAngel=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2014, 00:32   #18
Matt 'Maverick' Watts

I consulted for Tippmann on this project for the last several years. Let me answer some of your questions:
1) The CO2 mag is an 80 round magazine. The CO2 cartridge should get you about 80 shots.. it's a wash at that point.
2) If you run it on a remote line, you can use AEG magazines.
3) This is not a 'cheaper version' of a polar star system. This is a semi-automatic system that has been proven for decades in paintball. The Tippmann 98 is the most reliable marker in paintball, and that technology is now powering an airsoft gun.
4) As stated in the video, the stock can be replaced with either your real stocks, or a lot of the aftermarket airsoft stocks. The rail system can also be swapped for your real system or more aftermarket airsoft rail systems.
5) This is the first airsoft gun made in the USA. This is made in Ft. Wayne, Indiana at Tippmann World Headquarters.
6) Tippmann's warranty is beyond anything airsofters are used to. 2 year warranty on parts. They attend larger events, having a technician, parts and FREE service (just put something in the tip jar) to help Tippmann owners. I am one of these techs, and have been for 5 years here in Canada. It's awesome. Bring the gun, we fix it. You go back to playing. That fast, that simple!
We are currently working on a schedule of events that Tippmann will be attending in both the USA and Canada for the 2014 season. As we confirm these dates, you can be sure that I will be announcing them here on ASC.

Anything else? Feel free to ask!

Mav
Matt 'Maverick' Watts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2014, 00:44   #19
GBBR
Banned

Send a message via MSN to GBBR Send a message via Skype™ to GBBR
Quote:
Originally Posted by supercriollo View Post
very interesting, the thing about tippmann is that they are extremely reliable and durable. Hopefully it will have some kind of recoil, which would make me overlook the lack of bolt assembly and seemingly lousy external finishing.

Lets hope this could become a budget daytona gun :d
nuu! Dg masterrace!
GBBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2014, 01:08   #20
Cliffradical
butthurt for not having a user title

Holy fuck, if this looks and feels decent I'll buy one for sure.
My 98C saw shit you wouldn't believe. This may end up being a rainable, beatable, swampable, dumbassable, milsim system for less than $1000.
That's good news.

Edit:

TJX, I say this in the friendliest way possible:
As a former woods/ speed and stock class player, I can assure you that Airsoft is at least 80% less lame than paintball as far as fake soldier stuff is concerned.

Last edited by Cliffradical; February 25th, 2014 at 01:13..
Cliffradical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2014, 01:36   #21
bareass

Price?!
bareass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2014, 02:04   #22
-=ArchAngel=-

at 1:02, what is that? Perhaps a way for remote line as Maverick mentioned?
-=ArchAngel=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2014, 02:14   #23
Ced1942

Price is around 400$ i saw somewhere. Any release date? Really looking foward review about it.
Old February 25th, 2014, 06:50   #24
Blackthorne
A Total Bastard

Send a message via Skype™ to Blackthorne
Yes the price point is key but if its sub $500 I can see allot of folks giving this a try.

And if I am thinking correctly MAV....this is a water friendly system correct? While water might give some issues with accuracy it won't actually stop the gun from firing.

A gun that doesn't have water issues is every die hard MILSIMmers dream....

Great work man. I know you have been pushing this for a few years with Tippmann
Old February 25th, 2014, 08:35   #25
ShelledPants

Not a fan of CO2 puncture on mag insert. That is asking for a failure point (any AR user knows the feeling of the "almost there" mag lock, when the mag is inserted and holds but the lock isn't engaged, having the magazine fall out on the first round.)

I am also unimpressed by lack of recoil.

What I AM excited for is dropping this bitch into a SAW with a remote line. The mechanics look pretty beefy. Tippmann has obviously removed any fluff from the gas system and focused on reliability, a quality I can admire.

The real long term validity of this product on the market is it's capability to accept real steel parts. Hand guards, stocks, (RS and AEG) flash hiders and also how well close their rails are to the real thing... If it's stuck looking like that half retarded front end, they will lose a number of buyers based on looks.

Ár skal r?*sa, sá er annars vill
fé eða fjör hafa. Sjaldan liggjandi úlfur
lær um getur né sofandi maður sigur.

Last edited by ShelledPants; February 25th, 2014 at 08:51.. Reason: grammar
ShelledPants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2014, 08:47   #26
dreamkiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt 'Maverick' Watts View Post
I consulted for Tippmann on this project for the last several years. Let me answer some of your questions:
1) The CO2 mag is an 80 round magazine. The CO2 cartridge should get you about 80 shots.. it's a wash at that point.
2) If you run it on a remote line, you can use AEG magazines.
3) This is not a 'cheaper version' of a polar star system. This is a semi-automatic system that has been proven for decades in paintball. The Tippmann 98 is the most reliable marker in paintball, and that technology is now powering an airsoft gun.
4) As stated in the video, the stock can be replaced with either your real stocks, or a lot of the aftermarket airsoft stocks. The rail system can also be swapped for your real system or more aftermarket airsoft rail systems.
5) This is the first airsoft gun made in the USA. This is made in Ft. Wayne, Indiana at Tippmann World Headquarters.
6) Tippmann's warranty is beyond anything airsofters are used to. 2 year warranty on parts. They attend larger events, having a technician, parts and FREE service (just put something in the tip jar) to help Tippmann owners. I am one of these techs, and have been for 5 years here in Canada. It's awesome. Bring the gun, we fix it. You go back to playing. That fast, that simple!
We are currently working on a schedule of events that Tippmann will be attending in both the USA and Canada for the 2014 season. As we confirm these dates, you can be sure that I will be announcing them here on ASC.

Anything else? Feel free to ask!

Mav
What about velocity adjustment? I can adjust my Tippmann a Phenom on the fly, is it the same? Also how is the recoil and sound on this thing? When do you think it'll be available in canada ?
dreamkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2014, 09:03   #27
Zack The Ripper

Send a message via MSN to Zack The Ripper
Interesting concept. I will be looking for more video on it and might actually grab one for shits and giggles to test when they come out.
Old February 25th, 2014, 10:31   #28
Matt 'Maverick' Watts

OK, more answers!

Recoil - The last time I shot one, the recoil was better than any current airsoft gas gun i had shot (WE, KWA).

Waterproof - It will function in the rain without issue. Be more worried about your bb's if they're not bbbastard then the tippmann M4.

Velocity - there is an internal velocity adjustment. Split the body (like any M4) and you have a small adjustment screw to turn to easily adjust your velocity. To prevent on-field adjustment from being an issue at game, Tippmann also has a modified rear body pin that will have the ability to be zip-tied so that the gun cannot be opened once the velocity has been set (without removing the ziptie, making it obvious you have altered your gun)

Mags - in all the testing I personally did, I short-loaded 1 mag... the cartridge did not vent, i just gave the mag a smack, finishing the load process and went about shooting.

Price - it is estimated that the retail price point for this model will be around $400.00 US.

Full auto - I'm surprised no one has mentioned this yet. The full auto system is completely mechanical, and ADJUSTABLE! You can adjust the rate of fire almost as easily as the velocity (internally as well).

Remote line - there is an in-grip adapter to allow the use of a remote line if you want. The grips are real steel grips, meaning you can swap them if you want, and still have the remote line ability there.

Blacktorne.. thanks bro.. this has been a long haul getting this baby to market. I am very happy that Tippmann took up the challenge 2 years ago and we are now at the release point.
Matt 'Maverick' Watts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2014, 10:49   #29
Danke

I'm going to post your notes over on Arnies; same discussion is going on there.
Old February 25th, 2014, 10:53   #30
dreamkiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt 'Maverick' Watts View Post
OK, more answers!

Recoil - The last time I shot one, the recoil was better than any current airsoft gas gun i had shot (WE, KWA).

Waterproof - It will function in the rain without issue. Be more worried about your bb's if they're not bbbastard then the tippmann M4.

Velocity - there is an internal velocity adjustment. Split the body (like any M4) and you have a small adjustment screw to turn to easily adjust your velocity. To prevent on-field adjustment from being an issue at game, Tippmann also has a modified rear body pin that will have the ability to be zip-tied so that the gun cannot be opened once the velocity has been set (without removing the ziptie, making it obvious you have altered your gun)

Mags - in all the testing I personally did, I short-loaded 1 mag... the cartridge did not vent, i just gave the mag a smack, finishing the load process and went about shooting.

Price - it is estimated that the retail price point for this model will be around $400.00 US.

Full auto - I'm surprised no one has mentioned this yet. The full auto system is completely mechanical, and ADJUSTABLE! You can adjust the rate of fire almost as easily as the velocity (internally as well).

Remote line - there is an in-grip adapter to allow the use of a remote line if you want. The grips are real steel grips, meaning you can swap them if you want, and still have the remote line ability there.

Blacktorne.. thanks bro.. this has been a long haul getting this baby to market. I am very happy that Tippmann took up the challenge 2 years ago and we are now at the release point.
Wow, I'm so getting one when it's out. I hope they will have camo pattern options on the gun

Last edited by dreamkiller; February 25th, 2014 at 10:56..
dreamkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion