Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Need some help to find a gun....

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old October 4th, 2010, 17:15   #1
LittleBear

Need some help to find a gun....

Hey guys, lately ive had the urge to buy a springer just for backyard wars and playing with a few friends and whatnot and using for spur of the moment games where I don't have enough time to charge my batteries for my AEG for small games with friends.

Now before everybody starts hating on springers and cheap guns, I already own an alright AEG, its not amazing but I can get by with it for now. The reason I want a springer is stated above.

There is one in particular im looking for (http://iconairsoft.com/shop/airsoft-...-tactical.html) but it is sold out not only on this website but several others I have found it on. Also im not saying id buy it from that particular website either. So if somebody could suggest a website on where to find this particular gun that is actually in stock that would be grand !

Also, feel free to suggest other springers that are suitable for backyard wars.
Old October 4th, 2010, 17:21   #2
HKGhost

it's not recommended to be playing in your back yard but if you want a cheap springer, head to wallyworld or cantire.

Custom Build | Upgrades | Repairs | Maintenance
HKGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2010, 17:33   #3
LittleBear

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKGhost View Post
it's not recommended to be playing in your back yard but if you want a cheap springer, head to wallyworld or cantire.
When I say backyard wars I don't literally mean in my backyard....sorry for not mentioning that. We usually just have small games at the poleline and surrounding area just a little ways from my house. Its great for small games and its far from houses so its alright.

As for cantire and wallyworld, I can't really find anything I want there. There is a particular M4 which cantire sells but they don't sell it anymore as its been replaced by a much more terrible version. And the wal-mart here and crappy tire just have a terrible selection.
Old October 4th, 2010, 17:59   #4
Pyrohair

Why is it that all the kiddies call it "Airsoft Wars"?
Pyrohair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2010, 18:20   #5
Jackie Boy

The Crosman S34P (Tri-burst shotgun) seems to be a wicked gun for the price.
I've been reading reviews about on here for a while now and am thinking about picking one up down the road.... It could also be a decent CQB gun... I just hope CanTire has them in Newfoundland!

Jackie Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2010, 18:41   #6
disasterarea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie Boy View Post
The Crosman S34P (Tri-burst shotgun) seems to be a wicked gun for the price.
I've been reading reviews about on here for a while now and am thinking about picking one up down the road.... It could also be a decent CQB gun... I just hope CanTire has them in Newfoundland!
The one in Gander's got them in stock at the moment, so St. John's ought to be fine, what with the dozen Canadian Tire stores out there.
disasterarea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2010, 18:50   #7
LittleBear

Yeah that shotgun doesn't look bad at all. I'll certainly consider it, im just not fond of the shell ejecting deal seeing as I play in the woods I might loose them fairly easy. Although, here is a gun that wal-mart does carry..... http://www.pyramydair.com/s/m/Crosma...Kit_Clear/2072

And if its not in stock im almost sure that they will order one in for me.
Old October 4th, 2010, 18:55   #8
Jackie Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by disasterarea View Post
The one in Gander's got them in stock at the moment, so St. John's ought to be fine, what with the dozen Canadian Tire stores out there.
Hahaha yeah thats true man, I'll have to give one of them a checkin out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBear View Post
Yeah that shotgun doesn't look bad at all. I'll certainly consider it, im just not fond of the shell ejecting deal seeing as I play in the woods I might loose them fairly easy. Although, here is a gun that wal-mart does carry..... http://www.pyramydair.com/s/m/Crosma...Kit_Clear/2072

And if its not in stock im almost sure that they will order one in for me.
Man no need to worry! This doesn't actually eject the shells! But it does take a magizine that resembles a shotgun shell.

I'm not too familiar with The Crosman Stinger R39, it might be decent enough for what you want it for.

Old October 4th, 2010, 19:26   #9
LittleBear

Quote:
Hahaha yeah thats true man, I'll have to give one of them a checkin out!

Man no need to worry! This doesn't actually eject the shells! But it does take a magizine that resembles a shotgun shell.

I'm not too familiar with The Crosman Stinger R39, it might be decent enough for what you want it for.
Oh ok! I have been terrible misinformed on the shotgun than! Thats good to hear than in that case! It has now moved itself even higher on my list! Thanks for telling me that, I greatly appreciate it.

As for the r39, ive done a bit of research on watched and read a nice few reviews and it seems like a really solid gun with a pretty nice fps, is very accurate, nice mag size for a springer, all I want for playing with a few friends really as they too have lower end guns.

Also, lately wal-mart has a new shotgun out...well new to me atleast and it too is not bad by any means. I know a few people with it and for the $30 price you really cannot go wrong.
Old October 4th, 2010, 19:52   #10
Daiviet
Captain Sunshine

Quote:
When I say backyard wars I don't literally mean in my backyard....sorry for not mentioning that. We usually just have small games at the poleline and surrounding area just a little ways from my house. Its great for small games and its far from houses so its alright.

As for cantire and wallyworld, I can't really find anything I want there. There is a particular M4 which cantire sells but they don't sell it anymore as its been replaced by a much more terrible version. And the wal-mart here and crappy tire just have a terrible selection.
Firstly, it is the general position of ASC that we do not condone minors playing with airsoft guns, especially without supervision and in public areas. Playing in a backyard isn't a great idea, playing on land that belongs to a hydro/telecom company is a worse idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrohair View Post
Why is it that all the kiddies call it "Airsoft Wars"?
Aren't you a kiddie yourself?

Quote:
Oh ok! I have been terrible misinformed on the shotgun than! Thats good to hear than in that case! It has now moved itself even higher on my list! Thanks for telling me that, I greatly appreciate it.

As for the r39, ive done a bit of research on watched and read a nice few reviews and it seems like a really solid gun with a pretty nice fps, is very accurate, nice mag size for a springer, all I want for playing with a few friends really as they too have lower end guns.

Also, lately wal-mart has a new shotgun out...well new to me atleast and it too is not bad by any means. I know a few people with it and for the $30 price you really cannot go wrong.
I'm assuming you're underage. Since you probably won't heed the advice to stop playing, at least take this bit. Keep it clear, don't paint it, just in case authorities happen to stumble upon you. Whatever you manage to get your hands on from walmart/canadian tire is generally perceived as cheap stuff and have been known to break in a short amount of time, so don't be disappointed when it does. Keep it safe, keep it smart, always wear eye protection.

And for 30 bucks, that damned walmart shotgun has been more reliable than a lot of my other guns.
Daiviet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2010, 20:06   #11
LittleBear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daiviet View Post
Firstly, it is the general position of ASC that we do not condone minors playing with airsoft guns, especially without supervision and in public areas. Playing in a backyard isn't a great idea, playing on land that belongs to a hydro/telecom company is a worse idea.

Aren't you a kiddie yourself?

I'm assuming you're underage. Since you probably won't heed the advice to stop playing, at least take this bit. Keep it clear, don't paint it, just in case authorities happen to stumble upon you. Whatever you manage to get your hands on from walmart/canadian tire is generally perceived as cheap stuff and have been known to break in a short amount of time, so don't be disappointed when it does. Keep it safe, keep it smart, always wear eye protection.

And for 30 bucks, that damned walmart shotgun has been more reliable than a lot of my other guns.
Thanks for the advice, I greatly appreciate it. We are responsible players....good eye protection or go home type deal. And im not at all worried about the poor quality. My friend has had a gun from c-tire for almost 3 years now and I know man others who have had theirs for several years as well. And yes, you are right...I am underage and have no problem admitting it. To be precise im actually 17 so I plan on getting aved as soon as possible when I turn 18.
Old October 5th, 2010, 12:40   #12
Jackie Boy

Quote:

Yeah no problem man!
They go on sale time to time at CanTire and you can get them for like ~$70 (This is for the Crosman tri-shot shotgun)

But yeah, i'm sure whatever you pick will be alright for what you want it for.
Good Luck with it all!

Old October 5th, 2010, 13:25   #13
LittleBear

Quote:
Yeah no problem man!
They go on sale time to time at CanTire and you can get them for like ~$70 (This is for the Crosman tri-shot shotgun)

But yeah, i'm sure whatever you pick will be alright for what you want it for.
Good Luck with it all!
Once again, thanks a bunch! I'll probably end up doing a review for whatever it is I get anyways whether it just be a post on here or an actual video.

Also, will American websites ship clear guns with the orange tip to Canada? Im almost sure they do but I'd just like to confirm it.
Old October 5th, 2010, 13:27   #14
oniwagamaru
Occifer

I dont get this hate on springers! springers are great( relatively ofcourse since you cant compete with aeg's and gas guns)! they wont get ruined in the cold and easy to maintain! plus cheap!
REGULAR GUY
Certified Level 34 Autosniper
μολών λαβε
oniwagamaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2010, 18:57   #15
LittleBear

Quote:
Originally Posted by oniwagamaru View Post
I dont get this hate on springers! springers are great( relatively ofcourse since you cant compete with aeg's and gas guns)! they wont get ruined in the cold and easy to maintain! plus cheap!
I have to agree very much with you!!! However the springer I plan on buying won't be used in games in the local league here as I have an aeg for that but I plan on just using it for games with a few friends who aren't in the league. Mostly because none of them have an aeg except me and most of our games are spur of the moment so I don't have time to charge my battery(s).

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion