Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

>> WE M4 AWSS, field-reports <<

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old April 30th, 2010, 09:33   #1
Nocturnal
oO?

Arrow >> WE M4 AWSS, field-reports <<

These questions are for WE M4 AWSS and/or WE Scar/KAC PDW users.
Not sure if anyone has answered these questions out loud and I am sure many people have these already if not are weighing the pros/cons.

This thread is for the canadian airsoft community for the purpose of consolidating everyone's personal experience with their WE AWSS.

**Please note that these are strictly FIELD-REPORTS,that means that you have used this weapon simulation system at a game.**

QUESTIONS:

1) Have you brought this to a game and utilized the WE M4 AWSS? *Name the field you utilized this AWSS*

2) How did it perform to your expectation?

3) Would you recommend a WE M4 (realism) or an AEG (practicality)?

4) Has the WE M4 AWSS failed you in the heat of battle? What did you do to rectify the problem? Did you have a backup?

5) How do you feel overall about the WE M4 AWSS? What would you change?

6) Would you choose the WE M4 AWSS to be your primary again after that experience?

7) Any other comments you would like to share with the airsoft community?

**Thank you for your time for sharing your experience with the Airsoft community.

Regards,
Nocturnal

WE AWSS Related Links:
WETTI/AWSS - M4/SCAR - Technical Summary Thread

Last edited by Nocturnal; April 30th, 2010 at 11:31..
Nocturnal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2010, 09:47   #2
m102404
Tys

Sweet...great idea. Consider linking in the Tech Summary thread and the "Year of the GBBR or just a stinky smell passing through" (I think that thread was about a year ago)

1) Have you brought this to a game and utilized the WE M4 AWSS? *Name the field you utilized this AWSS*
- multiple times indoors at CQB
- TTAC3
- Flag Raiders

- Indoors it's absolutely rock solid (note: you have to be mindful of temp changes)
- Outdoors was outstanding

- GBBR/AEG are equally effective...the gas rifles are just plain more fun to shoot/operate

4) Has the WE M4 AWSS failed you in the heat of battle? What did you do to rectify the problem? Did you have a backup?
- sand+BB is not good...jams are near impossible to immediately clear, you need to use a cleaning rod (suppose that's the same with my PTW and AEGs too)
- transition to secondary...or chill out and heckel the enemy

- like it
- factory issued steel Part #66 with NIB rifle for reliability
- adjustable FPS ability out of the box
- mags are simple to rebuild...but their main seal is flimsy, their feed valves are (or used to be) lousy

6) Would you choose the WE M4 AWSS to be your primary again after that experience?
- absolutely...it'll be first up at the next game now that the weather is stable, AEG/PTW will stay cased
- I will always take an AEG/PTW as a backup...but then I usually take a backup primary anyways, gas rifle or not.

Additional notes:
- accuracy/flight path was good...but you really need to make sure your hopup is working right and you need to be using 0.28 or 0.30g BBs.
- rapid semi is more stable than ripping off full auto strings. FA 3-5 bursts are fine...10+ and you'll get varying performance if it's not sunny/warm/hot temps.
- there are lots of reports of clone/cheap RDS being killed by the repeated vibrations/recoil from gas rifles

Last edited by m102404; April 30th, 2010 at 09:50..
m102404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2010, 09:54   #3
j3anius

1) I have the version 3 WE m4 awss. I used it at the caledon field.

2) It performed better than I thought. Forecast stated it was going to be 10 degrees but I think it was colder and I became worried about my mags because they were cold to the touch. To my surprise, the gun work perfectly. Mags ran fine, no issues whatsoever.
However, the game started at around 1130 and we were done playing by 1700 ish. And right at the end of the game my gun stopped cycling properly and I noticed my bolt was partially covered in ice. Also the kick wasn't as hard as when i shoot in my house. Must be due to the temperature.

3) For realism, WE FTW! My gun work's great as long as I maintain it (cleaning, grease) On the field the AEG needs no maintenance. But for the GBBR, I had to put a a few drops of lube in the mags when required.

4) The gun has not failed me during a firefight

5) Overall, great gun. Add's to the realism. Just the simple task of releasing the bolt makes it more exciting. Also, when the bolt locks back you actually know your empty and don't waste time dry firing.

6) HELL YES!!!

Old April 30th, 2010, 10:12   #4
wildcard

Send a message via MSN to wildcard Send a message via Yahoo to wildcard
These questions are for WE M4 AWSS and/or WE Scar/KAC PDW users.
Not sure if anyone has answered these questions out loud and I am sure many people have these already if not are weighing the pros/cons.

This thread is for the canadian airsoft community for the purpose of consolidating everyone's personal experience with their WE AWSS.[/I]

**Please note that these are strictly FIELD-REPORTS,that means that you have used this weapon simulation system at a game.**

QUESTIONS:

Private warehouse in Toronto

I liked it so much that I sold the SCAR and bought the 416 and teh soon to arrive PDW

I would keep the AEG as a back up as my mag count is currently very limited, practical for your Milsim crowd and as a main gun if the temperature is not too cold then hell yeah!

No I had the infamous part 66 replaced but the new owner of the SCAR have had to replace the part again. As for back up we always travel to games with multiple back ups just in case if the primary and back up fails

great build no issues on the rifle itself but they should build better mags without the leaks and WE should have the NPAS built in

Yes definitely. I liked the 416 more than my super Inokatsu for a few reasons:
1) blowback, although not as hard as the Inokatsu but it's a lot more crisp
2) decent price for their mags and not have to wait almost 6 fuckin months for them
3) ease of operation and maintaining the GBBR, it's like a Tank very robust and no small finicky parts to break like the WA system

Thank you for your time for sharing your experience with the Airsoft community.

Regards,
Nocturnal

Last edited by wildcard; April 30th, 2010 at 10:17..
wildcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2010, 10:38   #5
ShelledPants

Yes. TTAC3, and Flag Raiders.

I've been familiar with the WE AWSS system for over a year, and only recently purchased one for my self. It performed as expected.

If a user is willing to overcome the "limitations" of a WE M4, then I would wholeheartedly recommend one over an AEG, as they are very practical and a much more enjoyable experience.

All guns fail. On my first mag of the WE I managed to get a stovepipe of BB's (3 BB's jammed in the loading brass, causing a jam in the nozzle and bolt...) so I cleared it like a real stovepipe, stripping the mag, rack rack rack, roll, check, reinsert the mag, tap rack bang. Problem solved.

I would like to see a reliable adjustable bolt from factory. I've been a Guenna pig for Tyson and some of his experiments, and I think they are amazing and simple to implement.

Hell yes. It IS my primary.

Ár skal r?*sa, sá er annars vill
fé eða fjör hafa. Sjaldan liggjandi úlfur
lær um getur né sofandi maður sigur.
ShelledPants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2010, 12:10   #6
Thenooblord
Can't fix my own guns. Willing to fix yours.

Send a message via MSN to Thenooblord
I think it should be noted, that I have owned my WE AWSS for over 8 months and it has NEVER made it to the field, because it has NEVER been running long enough to make it to a game, I think thats probably an important tidbit of information,
personally, I think these guns are piles of shit and I would never EVER buy one again.

Words to live by
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid View Post
The apartment I am in right now costs $100 a month.
My average spending on food per day is less than $4.
My airsoft spending in the last month and a half has totaled over $1400.
They're called priorities. Get yourself some.
Thenooblord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2010, 12:14   #7
wildcard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thenooblord View Post
I think it should be noted, that I have owned my WE AWSS for over 8 months and it has NEVER made it to the field, because it has NEVER been running long enough to make it to a game, I think thats probably an important tidbit of information,
personally, I think these guns are piles of shit and I would never EVER buy one again.
Looks like you are the only one with the fielding problem because I know at least 50 players that are fielding these WE rifles now in fact there are two team out in Toronto that is fielding this as their main.
Old April 30th, 2010, 12:18   #8
Thenooblord

I have never had it running for more than a week at once, and every time I replace or repair a part, another part breaks, or it crushes another nozzle

the valve knocker wore out in the first weekend
over the next week it crushed 3 nozzles
right after i replaced the nozzle the valve guide came loose and started causing issues
I replaced that and the knocker delay stop broke
then the hammer broke
then the trigger broke
and the hopup has always been totally useless

Words to live by
Quote:

Last edited by Thenooblord; April 30th, 2010 at 12:22..
Old April 30th, 2010, 12:22   #9
Shirley
A-56 aka Mr.Hitman

I'm going to be taking mine out later in time for this season.

I'm amazed on the new WE rifles VA has, quality is just the same, but I was doing a zero on my irons, and the groupings were pretty tight about 1-2 cm apart from 20 feet.

Another thing I love is the magazines 30rd limit to put you in a good spot for real cap.
Makes it way easier to play with others that have a real cap loadout than hi-caps.

CANADIAN AIRSOFT PRACTICAL SHOOTING (CAPS)
CAPS DIRECTOR # 0047
Shirley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2010, 17:34   #10
ShelledPants

Quote:
Not to point out the obvious, but you have had an abnormal amount of gun failures in your time here on ASC.

Old April 30th, 2010, 17:36   #11
Thenooblord

nah ive had a few guns with no problems at all, I just dont baby my guns, I shoot them, ALOT, in my first week i put over 10k rounds through it, I like to call it "testing", either way, the WE failed my "tests"

Words to live by
Quote:
Old April 30th, 2010, 17:57   #12
wildcard

Quote:
nah ive had a few guns with no problems at all, I just dont baby my guns, I shoot them, ALOT, in my first week i put over 10k rounds through it, I like to call it "testing", either way, the WE failed my "tests"
If there is anyone in this forum that can claim the title as the AEG/GBBR grim reaper that would be me and even for me the WE is almost impossible to break under normal use and I have been through pretty much what ever AEG/GBB variation out there including the Classics, that being said I have to agree with Tom there about you having the most amount of gun failure especially on 1 gun and after 10K you should really be taking it apart and lubing it, checking out for worn down parts etc. even RS stuff I take it apart after every session at the range...........Maybe you assembled it wrong?? That many failure is almost unheard of and the WE system is like idiot proof compare to the WA based system

Last edited by wildcard; April 30th, 2010 at 18:01..
Old April 30th, 2010, 17:58   #13
ShelledPants

Quote:
Well, that there is your problem, expecting a machine not to fail after so many cycles.

10k rounds is a LOT in field-ability.

I've gamed my gun twice and maybe put 200 rounds through it.

Also, maintenance is key. I clean the gun every hundred rounds or so (far too often... but it's cleaned before and after each game...), so the possibility of buildup after 1,000 rounds between cleaning is much higher, and would likely lead to a failure.

Last edited by ShelledPants; April 30th, 2010 at 18:00..
Old April 30th, 2010, 18:03   #14
wildcard

Quote:
I shoot them, ALOT, in my first week i put over 10k rounds through it, I like to call it "testing", either way, the WE failed my "tests"
10K/week, what you shoot that thing from day to night for the whole week??? You must been loading your mags like a Mofo
Old April 30th, 2010, 20:55   #15
Nocturnal
oO?

great discussion guys but please try to keep the thread tidy and to the point
keep the peace =]
Nocturnal is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion