Vfc hk416

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old June 30th, 2018, 14:57   #16
AlecBeach

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showe22 View Post
the VFC version of the 416 can be a great gun. It has some quirks you will be better off knowing about before buying...

1. Not all mags are created equal.
The stock mag you get is a high cap that requires a metal key to wind the mag. Put these in the same trash bin you use to throw out manufacturer BBs.

2. Not all mags fit.
the 416 mag well is unique in shape, although the differences are small. PTS EPM mags work with just about everything. Outside of those, I had Elite Force 90-rd mid caps that cost $9 a mag for a box of 10. Sure, they jammed up and needed to be smacked around a bit, but they did the job until I could afford enough EPMs.

3. Ounces equal pounds, pounds equal pain.
This isn't a light gun. It's beautiful, and heavy duty. Whether you see it a s a draw back or something else, it has some weight to it.

4. Beware of sharp edges.
The quad rail, aside from being heavy, is quite sharp. Rail covers are helpful, gloves are best.

5. Limited upgrades.
If you ever decide you want to upgrade the quad rails to something more modern, you're limited in choices. The 416 has a higher top rail than most M4's; you will need a rail specifically designed for the 416. Most aftermarket rails are knock-off variants of the Geissele models, and are M-Lok rather than Keymod.

Pro's
1. Gearbox quality
The gearbox is really durable. The shell that is, but most of the internals are pretty high quality for stock parts. The tappet plate is something to be aware of - its been a weak point for the gearbox in past models I've owned. Not sure if new models have any improvements.

I've had my 2014 gearbox gutted and upgraded entirely. The gearbox has been through about 10,000 rounds and hasn't had an issue. I've dropped my gun, fell on it and broke the lower receiver, and on one occasion i made the poor choice of whacking it against a tree. Accidents and poor choices aside, I've transplanted this gearbox out of three different guns. I like to call it the Phoenix of gearboxes.

2. Aesthetics
The gun has some great visual qualities. Not the least of which is the HK stock.

3. Ain't no pot metal
The quality of the metal is great. I've had other guns that have weak pot metal pieces, and snap or break in certain spots. The VFC 416 isn't indestructible, but you're getting your money's worth in construction quality.
Thank you for the helpful tips! Really helps!
AlecBeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2018, 14:50   #17
APOModern

I would say the VFC 416 is great and you should only really swap out the motor and barrel setup from the get-go. I recommend just going all lonex for barrel and a high torque motor. On and 11.1v, the trigger response will be greater than stock with the new motor. All in all. Cool gun for any kit and it runs well.
APOModern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2018, 14:44   #18
AlecBeach

Quote:
Originally Posted by APOModern View Post
I would say the VFC 416 is great and you should only really swap out the motor and barrel setup from the get-go. I recommend just going all lonex for barrel and a high torque motor. On and 11.1v, the trigger response will be greater than stock with the new motor. All in all. Cool gun for any kit and it runs well.
Not sure I can upgrade it, not the best at upgrading. How would it run stock? Trying not to have to change anything
Old July 15th, 2018, 20:09   #19
APOModern

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlecBeach View Post
Not sure I can upgrade it, not the best at upgrading. How would it run stock? Trying not to have to change anything
It will still be hard to beat in my opinion. It will shoot a little less fast in terms of trigger response, but honestly the 416 is a beast of a platform and great aeg.
Old July 15th, 2018, 21:28   #20
AlecBeach

Quote:
Originally Posted by APOModern View Post
It will still be hard to beat in my opinion. It will shoot a little less fast in terms of trigger response, but honestly the 416 is a beast of a platform and great aeg.
Sounds like I found my next gun lol
Old July 15th, 2018, 22:00   #21
APOModern

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlecBeach View Post
Sounds like I found my next gun lol
I'd also recommend looking at the VFC Avalon VR16 https://modernairsoft.com/collections/vfc-avalon-vr16

It's a bit newer and their cqb model is similar to the 416, but a little different internally and may be better for gaming.
Old July 25th, 2018, 02:10   #22
Ov3rWatch

I have 2 vfc 416's and I love them. If you're buying new you shouldn't have a problem but if you buy used make sure its a 2nd gen. The first generation of vfc 416's had terrible internals. The piston and tappet plate were notorious for breaking and they didn't have a mosfet. The newer vfc 416's have much better internals and a mosfet now. I think I shot something close to 120,000 rounds before I stripped the stock piston. Tappet plate gave out at around 60,000 - 80,000.

APOModern did mention upgrading the motor and what I found was that the stock motor could sometimes half cycle and you'd have to un-jam via the old throw it in full auto for a moment and then its fixed. You may also find the battery drains a bit faster then normal because I think stock the gun comes with a speed motor but I could be wrong.

The only cheap and easy upgrade I'd recommend though is get a good inner barrel and r-hop it. If you don't know anyone that can r-hop a barrel then flat hopping is almost as good and easier to come by.
Ov3rWatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2018, 14:39   #23
AlecBeach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derpystronk View Post
I have 2.

4 if you count the IAR
Damn!
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion